Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:35 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
There are Christians who do not eat pork as well.

There are other groups such as the Hebrew Israelites who do not eat pork.

Not Just Jews Eat Kosher Food in Prison - News
Are you typing just to type? What does that have to do with my response to the other poster?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 08:40 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,052 times
I got real hungry reading this thread......Goin out now and gettin me some BBQ PORK....

Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Prison is not suppose to be a day spa, it is punishment for breaking the law.
Don't break the law and you can eat wheat you want .

Old 10-14-2015, 12:48 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
"Feds eliminate Pork from prison menu"

So, the white collar criminals don't like pork? Pork is the economical way to go, the price of pork is way down. If they don't like it, feed them bread and water instead. I highly doubt there are very many Muslims and Jews in the federal prison system anyway.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:11 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

So, the white collar criminals don't like pork? Pork is the economical way to go, the price of pork is way down. If they don't like it, feed them bread and water instead. I highly doubt there are very many Muslims and Jews in the federal prison system anyway.

Maybe not, but they're in the workplace, where loopy organizations like "Coexist House" are suggesting that employees not offend the religion of perpetual grievance by eating pig products in the breakroom, storing them in shared fridges, or heating them up in the microwave. In a perfunctory manner, they also suggested sensitivity to a few other religions and vegetarians (don't bring anything that once had a face, I guess), but we all know who's taking offense. Observant Jews have been sharing breakrooms with ham sandwiches forever, without incident.

Accommodating this nonsense, whether in prison or at work, will have disastrous consequences.

Last edited by Delahanty; 10-14-2015 at 08:13 AM..

Old 10-14-2015, 07:13 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,473,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post

I've been trying to research the religious makeup in our prisons and jails, but I'm coming up with various numbers ranging from 5% to 20% Muslim. In 2003 the number of Muslims in New York jails and prisons was rated at 20%, but I don't know how true it is. The conversion rate from Christianity to Islam is high in American prisons, so the numbers constantly change.

But it isn't the numbers that brought about the meal change anyway. It's the president and the push from CAIR, and the lack of "fight" from the public. Smells from any prison mess hall radiate beyond the mess hall walls. Muslims are offended by the odor of cooking pork.

Will your backyard BBQ grill be next if your neighbor is a Muslim? Maybe even your kitchen if the exhaust fan blows the offensive bacon scent his way. Don't scoff. Look what they did to tobacco and smoking because people didn't like it.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:26 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Orange is the New Black season 3 (Netflix) had a few hilarious segments on this issue, the feds contracted with a private company to run the women's prison and the privateer immediately stopped having food prepared in the facility kitchen and instead had it delivered in large plastic bags, it was so bad that the women started using the seasoning packs in ramen to flavor it, then they realized how much better kosher food was so some of the inmates claimed they were Jewish. The only problem is that the prison required that the inmates convince a Rabbi of their 'religious conviction'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3_f...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO94...ature=youtu.be

Old 10-14-2015, 08:28 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
But it isn't the numbers that brought about the meal change anyway. It's the president and the push from CAIR, and the lack of "fight" from the public. Smells from any prison mess hall radiate beyond the mess hall walls. Muslims are offended by the odor of cooking pork.
Obama never changed a damn thing about institutional religious diet requirements that was settled law before he ever took office. Do you have ANY evidence whatsoever that the federal prison system quit serving pork because the 'smell' offended Muslims?

Old 10-14-2015, 09:06 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,925,052 times
Listen ,if you don't do crime you don't go to jail. How simple can it be ?
Doesn't matter what you are ,the prison system is not a luxury hotel or should not be.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:48 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Listen ,if you don't do crime you don't go to jail. How simple can it be ?
Doesn't matter what you are ,the prison system is not a luxury hotel or should not be.
Jews never forgive; and neither do Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies