Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 04:43 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times

Advertisements

Dead horse, SCOTUS already ruled that RKBA is an INDIVIDUAL right.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:45 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think any of the founders thought in their wildest dreams there would be mothers making semi-automatic guns available to sons with mental issues.
I am sure they didn't. no more than they would have thought that there would be Americans trying to disarm Americans.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:47 PM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Semi-automatics exist because they can--and because they help the individual level the field against a violent and malintentioned adversary who's armed in equal measure.

The Founders couldn't have predicted that whole populations would fall under the influence of powerful agitations and akathisias induced by psychiatric 'meds' marketed by publically held LLCs and corporations, that cause them to lash out indiscriminately against self and others. Tweens hanging themselves in bedroom closets from stuff that the FDA has mandated black box warnings for their packaging inserts in reaction to just those kinds of escalating body counts.

_"New Rat Study: SSRIs Markedly Deplete Brain Serotonin"_
psychologytoday.com/blog/mad-in-america/201011/new-rat-study-ssris-markedly-deplete-brain-serotonin
How many gun owners need a semi-automatic or similar gun for home protection, seems like these do more damage than good.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:48 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
The South was conquered and occupied.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:49 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
I'm doing no such thing.

Will you concede that the Founders, in Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution, put the President in charge of state militia when called into the service of the United States? Or do you have a different 'interpretation'?
The word Militia is certainly there. (Is it used loosely?) How would you think the writers and promoters of the time of the Second Amendment had resolved their observations with that instance of the applied word?

Old 10-11-2015, 04:53 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,474,064 times
"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States"

It's pretty clear. To me, anyway.

Old 10-11-2015, 04:55 PM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,978,721 times
Quote:
How many gun owners need a semi-automatic or similar gun for home protection, seems like these do more damage than good.
A mom like this, who required exactly such a gun in the defense of herself and her young after being backed into a second floor attic space behind a bathroom by an unarmed and violent home invader who pursued one of her daughters up the staircase:

_"Georgia Mother Shoots Home Intruder: 911 Tapes"_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcDk85ZOJUQ

The world isn't the ethically antiseptic utopia that your progressive peers hope has been attained with the advent of modern conveniences. Some of these very human authoritarian power seekers--found throughout millennia--that you wishfully think have been deprecated by the Apple watch, have a high capacity to disfigure and ruin lives. Sociopaths are found in all walks of life, and tiers of influence--as you sometimes forget.

You should always have the ability to more evenly match against such intended violence on yourself and loved ones. You're a poor student of history if you don't understand that.

Last edited by mm4; 10-11-2015 at 05:11 PM..

Old 10-11-2015, 04:59 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times
Quote:
America is not about needs, its about legal wants. If you want a better house, you can work for it and buy it. If you want a better gun, you can work for it and buy it. Its legal and the Constitution says its a right.

Same as you making anti-gun speeches. I think it should be Banned, but the Law says you can.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post
"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States"

It's pretty clear. To me, anyway.
yes the president shall be in charge of the state militia WHEN CALLED INTO ACTUAL SERVICE. thus until such time as the militia is in fact called into service, the president DOES NOT command the militia.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:09 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
I think it's time for another draft, no one from 200 years ago could have predicted what is now happening.
I think they could have predicted it and that is why is was written the way it has been. See next quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
What is now happening is corrupted human behavior and it is just as predictable today as it was then.

Lots of things change, but greed, corruption and lust for power don`t.

That`s why the Founders created the Constitution.
Exactly. And who is to say that the organized military is what they were talking about: Militia | Define Militia at Dictionary.com I think they were speaking of anyone that might need to defend against enemy foreign or domestic.

Quote:
I don't think any of the founders thought in their wildest dreams there would be mothers making semi-automatic guns available to sons with mental issues.
And, that is a good reason that all citizens should be armed because the nut cases and their offspring will have the weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I agree, we need many more restrictions on the government.
I think the majority agree with you. The truth is that the majority of people in the US don't trust the government and for good reason especially under the current administration.

Quote:
You're off topic on your own thread, what does any of that have to do with the 2nd amendment.
Not off topic at all. Pill popping has a lot to do with the issues, we are the most medicated nation in the world: Total Number of People Taking Psychiatric Drugs in the United States | CCHR International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I am sure they didn't. no more than they would have thought that there would be Americans trying to disarm Americans.
I think they might have guessed that we might just get political leaders that were corrupt enough to enforce will upon the people that were against the Constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The South was conquered and occupied.
Now, that is thought-provoking isn't it? ^^^ "All enemies foreign and domestic." Isn't that the creed of the military Guard?

We all know it is getting really bad. I know of small towns in KS where thieves go into the homes during the day with the people home to take their stuff. When they come in the wrong house here, they go out on a stretcher. This is not the time to take weapons. They will come in illegally anyway just like the people, the drugs, etc.

Obama is out of office in less than 467 days and yes, that is very relevant to the subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies