Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 02:55 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Whether I am military or non-military doesn't matter, the issue is fairness and you have already heard my opinion. By the way I am a Vietnam Veteran, infantry served 2 years but that doesn't matter.
Your right, it does not....completely different military now...

Quote:
For what it's worth we also had deserters but none walked into enemy territory without a rifle, they deserted on R&R in places like Hawaii or Australia and they did not spend 5 years in enemy hands.

I await the outcome of the military trial and look forward to a reasonable and fair judgement.
Yep, and they may consider just booting him, but at least they'll find him guilty and then boot him....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2015, 04:43 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Quote:
Whether I am military or non-military doesn't matter, the issue is fairness and you have already heard my opinion. By the way I am a Vietnam Veteran, infantry served 2 years but that doesn't matter.
For what it's worth we also had deserters but none walked into enemy territory without a rifle, they deserted on R&R in places like Hawaii or Australia and they did not spend 5 years in enemy hands.

I await the outcome of the military trial and look forward to a reasonable and fair judgement.
What branch and MOS? What base were you out of? Not saying you display false honor but your credibility is in doubt.

So the question does matter, perhaps to explain your flip flopping on the subject and what YOU consider a fair judgment.

Old 10-07-2015, 11:02 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:

None of my combat Marine friends has anything good to say about him. They all think he is weak and a deserter

[IMG][/IMG]

In all fairness, even the FAR LEFT media youngturks has nothing good to say about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZGicNpUWc

Old 10-08-2015, 08:20 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Will there be another rose garden ceremony at the WH for this guy?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:22 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
The fix is already in. The person who did the investigation got promoted and they are already saying he suffered enough and won't charge him with anything that will incarcerate him. This country is a joke anymore.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The fix is already in. The person who did the investigation got promoted and they are already saying he suffered enough and won't charge him with anything that will incarcerate him. This country is a joke anymore.
Yes, that has been suggested before and in all probability is factual. You can tell by those that deny it and their praise of those who have been influenced in their decision making, even prior to a decision has been made public.

Old 10-08-2015, 12:35 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Yes, that has been suggested before and in all probability is factual. You can tell by those that deny it and their praise of those who have been influenced in their decision making, even prior to a decision has been made public.
As much as I hate to say it....you're probably right....chaps my ass to know because, in the end he will probably get an honorable discharge, and we'll have to pay for his disabilities...

Old 10-08-2015, 04:01 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Well that is irrational, just because you don't agree with a decision doesn't mean if wasn't done fairly. Granted he brought this on himself but you don't think mitigating factors should be considered?

Old 10-08-2015, 04:18 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
He will be quietly given a less than honorable discharge from the Army. This is a political boondoggle they want to go away.

Old 10-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Well that is irrational, just because you don't agree with a decision doesn't mean if wasn't done fairly. Granted he brought this on himself but you don't think mitigating factors should be considered?
Why is it irrational? Because it states your position is flawed? What mitigating factors? Did he leave his company without permission? Yes.

Did he lie about rational when re was returned and proclaimed thanks to those troops he despised? Yes.

Is he guilty of the charges? Yes

Nothing irrational about it, except to those like you who only believe what they wish.

If it is done by the actual words of the UCMJ he is guilty and deserves the proscribed punishment, regardless of your desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies