Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won the first democratic debate?
Clinton 61 36.53%
Sanders 71 42.51%
O'Malley 4 2.40%
Webb 27 16.17%
Chaffee 4 2.40%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 10:08 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
The mods at the Republican debate purposely attempted to pit the candidates against each other. Didn't happen with the dems tonight. Obviously set up to make the Republicans look bad.
I think what you meant to say is that the moderators tried and failed in this case, not that they didnt try, because they clearly did.

In fact, i think Anderson Cooper asked Chafee 4 or 5 times about his specific criticism of Clinton. One time asking if he stood by his statement that she was unfit to be president because of her Iraq war vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 10:09 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
It's really tough on women candidates when people pick on trivial stuff like how a person laughs

yeah women candidate have it soooo bad!!!......Men are never made fun of their weird laughs and looks.....NOOOOOOO!!! Now we need Hillary for President to set things right....

Old 10-13-2015, 10:09 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
You are mad because Hillary refused to stay home and bake cookies. She is the best on either side to lead the nation going forward.
Oh sure, I think she'd do a "great" job in keeping the money crowd happy, taking lying to perhaps the next level, etc.

As for a woman president, I know many honest woman in my life including my mom and my wife that would do a wonderful job as president. But unfortunately, they are honest. And can't be bought and sold like the garden variety politician so right off the bat, they'd lose.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:12 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I think what you meant to say is that the moderators tried and failed in this case, not that they didnt try, because they clearly did.

In fact, i think Anderson Cooper asked Chafee 4 or 5 times about his specific criticism of Clinton. One time asking if he stood by his statement that she was unfit to be president because of her Iraq war vote.

its a weak bunch....Hillary is very vulnerable on lots of things and I'm not talking about personal stuff and none of them wanted to go after her, it was like they took their orders from the DNC not to touch Hillary.

Even Sanders who could have hit Hillary on dirty money his #1 theme, was timid in going after Hillary.

sad bunch!.....Hillary will win this easily.......Sanders has no balls to even take on his own party and the queen of dirty money on the democrat side.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:13 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Hillary did better than I expected, I think she would make a good Vice President.

But Bernie won because millions of people actually hear him for the first time.
And they will see that he is a sincere, common sense, supporter of the middle class.

It was interesting that everyone mentioned global warming, but only O"Malley had an energy policy.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:13 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,242,225 times
O'Malley brought himself out of the shadows tonight but he was too soft. He seemed likeable and smart but his performance tonight won't move any Sanders or Clinton supporters into his camp.

Sanders is a good guy, says a lot of the right things and is passionate about America's problems, but I don't see him as being electable nationally.

Clinton is flat out boring, but she definitely came across as competent, intelligent and experienced. I think she is a lot sharper than she was in 2008 and appears the most presidential on either side.

If the Republicans elect trump, Carson or Fiorina as their nominee they will get absolutely annihilated by Clinton.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:14 PM

5,357 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Hillary and Sanders won the debate. The rest are still insignificant.
Whatever... Hillary and Sanders are both disasters for the conservative half of the country and will be hated as much if not more than Obama. The others are not so polarizing. The dem vote will win by the lowest margin if these two go on through.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
What a mess. A brainless bunch of people !Who won...? The one who promised the most freebees.

The most boring mess . What a snoozer...

Old 10-13-2015, 10:17 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Bernie. Hands down.

The people who believe whatever they most recently heard, the type who will dismiss GMOs because of a blog post, might think Hillary made some good points. But she didn't. Any challenging question presented to her, she'd usually change the subject by the end of her 'answer.' She gave very politician like answers.

Bernie didn't.

He put himself out there and seemed to be more aggressive than usual, but not to the point of being an ***. He talked about real issues. In his opening statement, he went though what he stands for; everyone else talked up their credentials like children.

I get how people will see Hillary as the victor, but from a critical standpoint, she's not.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:17 PM

5,357 posts, read 5,134,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
O'Malley brought himself out of the shadows tonight but he was too soft. He seemed likeable and smart but his performance tonight won't move any Sanders or Clinton supporters into his camp.

Sanders is a good guy, says a lot of the right things and is passionate about America's problems, but I don't see him as being electable nationally.

Clinton is flat out boring, but she definitely came across as competent, intelligent and experienced. I think she is a lot sharper than she was in 2008 and appears the most presidential on either side.

If the Republicans elect trump, Carson or Fiorina as their nominee they will get absolutely annihilated by Clinton.
After hearing this debate, I have little doubt that a Republican candidate will lose. Dems do not come across nearly as potent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies