Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 12:45 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

The City of Houston has a referendum scheduled for the elections this November to vote on whether people can go to whatever bathroom they want. Former Houston Astros great Lance Berkman has made a pretty persuasive ad against the proposition, as described below.

I can't believe there is even going to be a vote on this. In any case, we apparently are, and Lance Berkman is exactly right.
Quote:
Astros great Berkman riles Houston mayor after making ad blasting LGBT law

“I played professional baseball for 15 years, but my family is more important,” the six-time All-Star says in the spot. “My wife and I have four daughters. Proposition 1 would allow troubled men who claim to be women to enter women’s bathrooms, showers and locker rooms. It’s better to prevent this danger by closing women’s restrooms to men, rather than waiting for a crime to happen. Join me to stop the violation of privacy and discrimination against women.

“Vote ‘No’ on Proposition 1. No men in women’s bathrooms. No boys in girls’ showers or locker rooms.”

Last edited by Spartacus713; 10-13-2015 at 12:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 12:56 PM

335 posts, read 376,636 times
If this passes I will leave floaters as a protest where ever I go.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:03 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,821 times
Mr. Berkmans about to learn where is daughters reside on the totem of social justice. Hint: hope they like poppers

Old 10-13-2015, 01:33 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Oh, please. Lance Berkman doesn't give one flip about women. If he did, he would be advocating for women to be able to use the women's rest room. He's not.

Old 10-13-2015, 01:55 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,938 times
If he was on the other end of the argument, folks would be telling him to shut up and play!

Old 10-13-2015, 02:27 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,844,539 times
Annise Parker is from the sewer. She should be mayor of a sick city like San Francisco, not Houston.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Annise Parker is from the sewer. She should be mayor of a sick city like San Francisco, not Houston.
How pathetic of a comment.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:17 PM

346 posts, read 464,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
Annise Parker is from the sewer
How so? What are the cold, hard facts?

Old 10-13-2015, 05:33 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times
People just don't get it. There isn't a single report of a transgender woman attacking anyone in a bathroom, ever.

The religious and homphobic / transphobic extremists use their sick perversions and hate to cause harm on a minority.

Going to the bathroom is a human requirement of life. You cannot restrict that. Where do you want trans people to pee?

Has anyone on this forum ever seen a transwoman in a bathroom? No?

I do all the time, I am one. But YOU would never know it. Nobody has ever known it. My ID and birth certificate say I am a woman. I LOOK like a woman. THE GOVERNMENT SAYS I AM A WOMAN! Are you going to tell me I can't pee in the ladies room because I have a skin tag someplace you will never see.

I guess you will tell John Bobbitt he can't use the men's room because his wife chopped his weenie off. Same thing.

Old 10-13-2015, 05:44 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
People just don't get it. There isn't a single report of a transgender woman attacking anyone in a bathroom, ever.

The religious and homphobic / transphobic extremists use their sick perversions and hate to cause harm on a minority.

Going to the bathroom is a human requirement of life. You cannot restrict that. Where do you want trans people to pee?

Has anyone on this forum ever seen a transwoman in a bathroom? No?

I do all the time, I am one. But YOU would never know it. Nobody has ever known it. My ID and birth certificate say I am a woman. I LOOK like a woman. THE GOVERNMENT SAYS I AM A WOMAN! Are you going to tell me I can't pee in the ladies room because I have a skin tag someplace you will never see.

I guess you will tell John Bobbitt he can't use the men's room because his wife chopped his weenie off. Same thing.

Sorry, bad analogy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies