Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2015, 08:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And you certainly have a very bad habit of making and taking everything personally.

We'll just have to live with each others flaws here on CD.
Why not just answer the question? It's not a difficult one. Well, it seems it must be.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:24 AM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
So, do you think history is pathetic? Benghazi happened under Hillary's watch. She is a candidate for president. This is not a conservative or a democratic debate this is an American tragedy. Some of us don't forget.
Sorry you're dead wrong.
It's exactly what this country has become.
Republicans vs Democrats.
That's what we're all about now.
This will go down as the pissing match era of history.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why not just answer the question? It's not a difficult one. Well, it seems it must be.
And you always, always, always must have the last word. How about you address my question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You have no clue what positions people held at that time.

I'm not a Republican. I can also turn it around and note how (D)'s would be protesting in the street if a (R) had helped invade another country (that did nothing to us) and then started running guns out their embassy there to try and overthrow the leadership in yet another country and along the way lied about it and got Americans killed.

Are you saying that is something you support?
Quote:
Well, I do have a clue, don't I? I know the investigations into 9/11 lasted about half the time of Benghazi. Was there even an investigation into the Iraq War?

Remind me. It must have slipped by unnoticed.

I KNOW there was NO such spectacle as what we have seen with Benghazi.

Further, I was not addressing YOU specifically so don't take things so personally. It matters not to me which party you are.

When D's hold such a spectacle as what we saw on Friday - alert me.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
So, do you think history is pathetic? Benghazi happened under Hillary's watch. She is a candidate for president. This is not a conservative or a democratic debate this is an American tragedy. Some of us don't forget.
You appear to have conveniently forgotten about 4500 dead in a failed, Iraq War fostered upon us by a Republican President.

Where was your outrage?

How many embassy bombings have there been in the past?

Where was your outrage?

Bush was warned about Bin Laden and chose to go read a storybook to second graders on the day 9/11 happened.

Tell me, where was your outrage?

Old 10-24-2015, 08:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
And you always, always, always must have the last word. How about you address my question?
I would be happy to but that is not how it works. I asked a question of you. You answer it and then if you have a question of me you ask it.

(Hint: I think Bush is a effing moron)

Old 10-24-2015, 08:49 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Why Won't Republicans Release the Benghazi Committee's Interview with Sidney Blumenthal? | Mother Jones

Quote:
Republicans have brought up Blumenthal's name repeatedly but blocked a request to unseal a transcript of his testimony.

Gowdy (R-S.C.), who had been peppering Clinton with questions about her correspondence with Blumenthal, was poised to adjourn the hearing for lunch when Cummings objected. He made a seemingly simple request: If Gowdy considered Blumenthal's messages to Clinton so crucial to the investigation at hand, why not release the transcript of the panel's behind-closed-doors interview with Blumenthal in June? Blumenthal's own lawyer has requested that the full transcript be released for public consumption.

Cummings, his voice growing in anger, demanded that the committee vote on unsealing the transcript. But Gowdy disputed whether Cummings had the power to call for such a vote, before abruptly recessing the session. When the committee reconvened 45 minutes later, Gowdy had apparently learned he'd been mistaken. He quietly called for a vote on whether Blumenthal's transcript should become public. The seven Republicans on the committee quickly voted against the measure. (Kansas Rep. Tom Pompeo, momentarily confused, voted yes before switching his to a no vote), overruling the five Democrats who voted in favor. With that matter resolved, Gowdy returned to his questioning of Clinton and turned once again to the subject of…Blumenthal.
These people are a joke. What are they hiding?

Old 10-24-2015, 08:56 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times
Quote:
Sorry, but that is really weak. Yes, it's a tragedy those people died. It's worse, and extremely offensive, that Republicans have been exploiting that tragedy for over three years now, in a concerted effort to hurt Hillary Clinton politically (and they've admitted as much in their own words).

You people have been mentally masturbating to this idea that this was going to finally be HRC's big downfall. You must be pretty sad that she came out of an 11 hour hearing completely unscathed, and in fact looking even better than before.

By the way, I am not some huge Hillary fan. I'm just pointing out what is so apparently obvious to those who aren't living in the right wing media echo chamber.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:57 AM

99 posts, read 71,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Today was an absolutely remarkable display of endurance from Hillary Clinton and a resounding victory for Democrats.

Sitting in a chair for 11 hours in front of the Benghazi Committee, being interrogated on a plethora of questions, and sometimes yelled at, from committee members, at the age of 67 years old, she remained calm, collected, articulate and dignified. She faithfully answered all of the questions regarding the event that occurred in Benghazi in 2012.

For 11 hours, Republicans embarked on a witch hunt, asking detailed questions, hoping to find that "gotcha" moment that would make Hillary look bad and possibly be prosecuted.

It didn't happen.

This Benghazi Committee is perhaps the biggest political sham in American history and wasted $4.8 million dollars of taxpayer money and 11 hours of time, quite frankly, to try to damage Hillary's presidential campaign.

This is not the outcome that Republicans were hoping for, and if anything, I fully expect her poll numbers to surge in the coming days. The Republican agenda, in this regard, will actually HELP her, if anything.

It also further illustrates that Republicans are a national embarrassment, are immature, and it exposes who they really are and their real intentions: to bring down Hillary Clinton, because they KNOW THAT SHE'S GOING TO BE THE NEXT PRESIDENT!!!

Congratulations Hillary. Today, you displayed many strong attributes that a strong president should be equipped with.

What, oh what, will Republicans do now???

It really benefitted Hillary that Elijah Cummings (D-MD) forgot he was on a congressional committee investigating Benghazi and thought he was there as Hillary's defense lawyer .

Old 10-24-2015, 09:02 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,969,794 times
Quote:
So, do you think history is pathetic? Benghazi happened under Hillary's watch. She is a candidate for president. This should not be a conservative or a democratic debate this is an American tragedy. Some of us don't forget.
You know what's pathetic? The republicans in this Benghazi committee. They have nothing, no evidence to accuse Hillary and they are trying unsuccessfully to discredit her with simple middle school bullying tactics. Of course we, the tax payers pay for this show.

Tell me why do the republicans in the committee voted against releasing the transcript of the panel's behind-closed-doors interview with Blumenthal in June? Why are these republicans not being transparent with the American public?

Old 10-24-2015, 09:03 AM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Sorry you're dead wrong.
It's exactly what this country has become.
Republicans vs Democrats.
That's what we're all about now.
This will go down as the pissing match era of history.
It breaks my heart to concede your point. Just yesterday, Obama was mocking the Republicans and making faces and getting laughs from admirers.
Obama Makes 'Grumpy Cat' Face Talking About Republicans - ABC News

He has been the most divisive President that I am aware of. And he knows better! He talks a good game, but when you come right down to it, he just can't help himself.

I have hopes that Paul Ryan may get some of there folks back on board. Pelosi never even tried; Reid did what he could to spread hate and discontent.
Don't these people know that they are in a position of public leadership and that their attitudes will be emulated? It appears not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies