Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yes, she cares. She said she would do everything possible to prosecute those who were responsible for creating the You tube video that the Administration said caused this mess.
DUring the hearing, Sec. Clinton said that the man responsible for the attack said that the video inspired him to do it, not a single republicans called her a liar or ever responded to that statement.

so im guessing she was telling the truth.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:19 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You mean like in the 2008 election with Sandy Sheehan?
I would downgrade that from false to 'dunce' equivalency.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:21 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,230,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I just tuned in and missed Dowd's statement. Can you tell us what was said?
Thanks
Grand standing aside, he nailed down the specifics very well. As I saw from her response, she fumbled quite a bit. When she opened with praising those she helped kill, it was enough. Her feigned concern for the deceased is despicable. You could her a few sighs in the crowd.

After the dramatic opening where he gave a pseudo chronological chain of events and outcomes, the specifics started regarding Blumenthal's unfettered access to Hillary and the point that Chris Stevens didn't even have her email address (private one I suppose).

It's getting interesting. I wish they would just nail down the facts. They did successfully bring up her lying at Tyrone's funeral. The dead Navy Seal (1 of 2) that was killed in the attack. If you recall, she told his father, at his funeral, that we will spare no expense at getting to the bottom of who made this video....at that point in time, and her emails support this, she knew fully well it was an attack and evaded the point.

It's getting pretty heated as can be expected. I think if she had just come clean a few years back, the American public would have gotten over it. I prescribed to the belief that "bad news does not typically improve with time". She, does not.

It's ironic that she helped to prosecute Nixon for erasing tapes and now she's on the hot seat for erasing thousands and thousands of emails and even then, some are still there to nail her. I think she may be in trouble but, it's hard to believe the White House will let her take the fall. It splatters on them, too.

This happened juuuuust before the election in 2012. Had it all come to light then, Obama may not have gotten a second term. Hard to tell. Should be interesting to see if they bring out some more detailed correspondence with Blumenthal as they have alluded to.

Try to watch it, try to watch her body language. It's revealing and frankly, I'm surprised she wasn't able to overspeak whomever went at her try though she did. She's obviously flustered.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:22 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
And that is surprising.

They look outmatched for this especially Gowdy.
Considering how much time and staffing the committee has at its disposal you would think that they could have at least put up a strong coordinated interrogation. Instead it was repetitive, disjointed, and generally speaking pointless.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:22 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,909,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Cummins said it succinctly. The only reason we are here is because the GOP caucus doesn't like the conclusions that were reached from the eight previous investigations. It's time for the GOP to end this taxpayer funded fishing expedition.
Period and amen.
Cummings statement made it perfectly clear why this inquiry has drug on for 18 months, the Democrats have absolutely no interest in getting to the truth, all they are interested in is protecting the party and the guilty witch.
Deflect and protect, thy haven't yet asked one question to get at the truth, a complete cover up. Shameful.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:23 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Since she literally just sat down, there is no way of knowing. I guess this is a 'prospective' thread?

Anyway, it is my understanding that she sat down well without falling.
Yes Mrs. Clinton did sit perfectly like a lady.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Gowdy's refusal to release the entire Blumenthal transcript in favor of picking and choosing what he wants to reveal was the moment he lost any semblance of credibility he might have still had.

He keeps insisting that he wants the truth out there, but he qualified it in that moment by admitting he really only wants some of the truth out there--the parts that seem to shore up the conclusions he has already made.

I think Gowdy is done for after that exchange.
You must be watching the CNN or MSN version because it looks like he pinned her down on the play ground and no one has come to stop him from kicking her assets in.....I've never seen her flustered this much since the phony laughing fit that Amy Poehler mimics so well.....phony, phony, phony.....

The Democrats have better people in their ranks. They really should reconsider her as their prime candidate. The debate was Hillary and Bernie. And even Bernie was simply running for the VP job. Sad. I would think the Dem's would reach into their ranks for someone of more substance. She has tooooo much baggage.

Anyone see the Lewinski special? Looks like the networks are dusting that tome off for a rerun.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
LOL, he is NOT happy he got called out!
I wish they would release all of it. Of course, what do we do about Hillary erasing the thousands we can allegedly no longer recover? What do we do about her IT guy pleading the 5th?

To me, above all, that is the most compelling part of this circus. Her IT guy. He lawyered and shut up. Wonder who is paying for all his defensive measures. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck....

Old 10-22-2015, 12:32 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
It's not so much a commentary on Clinton as it is on the current iteration of the Republican party who never met an investigation--or NINE--that they didn't love when it involves politically going after their opponents.

I call BS on this point.

The FBI is investigating Hillary for crimes. The US Attorney's office in Department of Justice is investigating Hillary for crimes. This isn't about the GOP, this is about Hillary being extremely dishonest and likely committing crimes.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:32 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Now Hillary is blaming the dead Ambassador for the lack of security provided by her office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies