Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 02:09 PM

42,783 posts, read 26,085,747 times

Advertisements

New CNN Poll
Do you think the House Select Committee on Benghazi is mostly conducting an objective
investigation of what happened in the Benghazi attack, or is it mostly using the investigation to gain
political advantage? (ASKED OF HALF SAMPLE. RESULTS BASED ON 523 INTERVIEWS IN
VERSION B -- SAMPLING ERROR: +/- 4.5 PERCENTAGE POINTS.)
Oct. 14-17 2015
Mostly conducting an objective investigation 23%
Mostly using the investigation to gain political advantage 72%
No opinion 5%

Old 10-22-2015, 02:09 PM

865 posts, read 621,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
4 Americans were killed in the Benghazi attacks and for 3 years republicans have been attacking Hilary for it (and its a purely political attack, and it has nothing to do with right or wrong.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Benghazi_attack
[MOD CUT/off topic]
No. Dems have been lying, lying. lying....hard to put a puzzle together without all the pieces,.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:16 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,503,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The damn CIA was next door to this outpost in a tender box. One would think if there was trouble brewing, they'd know it.

This whole thing was a CIA operations gone bad. Like most stuff they touch. Anybody who knows what happened is not and cannot say a word. The hearings can go on forever. Anybody can make any kind of charge they please because they know, the people who do know will not say a word.
Yep. The Commitee members know that Clinton can't tell what she knows, and they're trying to take political advantage of it.

According to Business Insider:
Quote:
Stevens' last meeting on Sept. 11 was with Turkish Consul General Ali Sait Akin, and a source told Fox News that Stevens was in Benghazi "to negotiate a weapons transfer in an effort to get SA-7 missiles out of the hands of Libya-based extremists."

Since Stevens and his staff served as "diplomatic cover" for the CIA—only seven of more than 30 Americans evacuated from Benghazi worked for the State Department—the spy agency would certainly know about heavy weapons and Libyan jihadists flooding into Syria if Stevens did.
source:Business Insider: There's a Reason Why All of the Reports About Benghazi Are So Confusing

Old 10-22-2015, 02:18 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
No. Dems have been lying, lying. lying....hard to put a puzzle together without all the pieces,.
With the level of scrutiny Mrs Clinton is being subjected to in 8 consecutive inquisitions on the subject either there are no lies or the GOP are too incompetent to discover them.
IMO this new Benghazi inquisition has backfired for the GOP and has ended up in showing America just how tough (Presidential)Mrs Clinton is and just how petty and vindictive and the bully mentality of the GOP .

Last edited by jambo101; 10-22-2015 at 03:29 PM..

Old 10-22-2015, 02:23 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,823,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
TREY GOWDY: We' re Breaking New Ground (on Benghazi)
TREY GOWDY: We re Breaking New Ground (on Benghazi)

BENGHAZI UPDATE
The truth will come out. Some people are getting a little nervous and I understand why...
Gowdy is "breaking" new something .... but I think is called wind.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:23 PM

88,778 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My post suggest that I have actually watched the committee meeting as well as read the associated reports released by the Select Committee were as your post suggest you have been watching FOX News.
I don't watch FOX News.

Can Hillary account for:

Why she refused Ambassador Stevens' repeated request for more security assets? She can't shift the blame to Diplomatic Service or Bureaucratic infighting. The requests came directly to her.

Why Chris Stevens didn't choose to go to Benghazi on his own; he was directed to go?

Why she lied to avoid the question of why Stevens was meeting with a shipping company and a Turkish Diplomat in Benghazi?

Old 10-22-2015, 02:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't watch FOX News.

Can Hillary account for:

Why she refused Ambassador Stevens' repeated request for more security assets? She can't shift the blame to Diplomatic Service or Bureaucratic infighting. The requests came directly to her.

Why Chris Stevens didn't choose to go to Benghazi on his own; he was directed to go?

Why she lied to avoid the question of why Stevens was meeting with a shipping company and a Turkish Diplomat in Benghazi?

Why should she account for any of those things? Is that going to tell us how to keep our diplomats safer? Because I thought that was what this was all about.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:28 PM

29,452 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I don't watch FOX News.

Can Hillary account for:

As Usual, i answered your question and you chose to ignore it and restate the exact same question as if I didnt.

Quote:

Im not sure why the first question matters, and further more, I dont think any republican on the panel asked that question for that very reason.

Same response for the second question if it is even true.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:29 PM

57,059 posts, read 26,024,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Yep. The Commitee members know that Clinton can't tell what she knows, and they're trying to take political advantage of it.

According to Business Insider:
source:Business Insider: There's a Reason Why All of the Reports About Benghazi Are So Confusing
A "source" told Fox News now that's rich!

Old 10-22-2015, 02:29 PM

88,778 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Why should she account for any of those things?
They all happened on her watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.