Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 03:10 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times

Advertisements

Is it still a witch hunt if you actually find one?

Old 10-22-2015, 03:13 PM

23,975 posts, read 15,078,314 times
[quote=InformedConsent;41652711]I don't watch FOX News.

Can Hillary account for:

Why she refused Ambassador Stevens' repeated request for more security assets? She can't shift the blame to Diplomatic Service or Bureaucratic infighting. The requests came directly to her.

Why Chris Stevens didn't choose to go to Benghazi on his own; he was directed to go?

Why she lied to avoid the question of why Stevens was meeting with a shipping company and a Turkish Diplomat in Benghazi?

[/QUOTE

She probably did not turn down his request for security. It was some deputy undersecretary. If it is so important, why has the committee not called that person.

Congress is charged with oversight over everything this government does. They fund everything this government does.

I hope to live long enough to see congressional oversight before the horse is out of the barn, instead of after.

They need to be minding the store instead of raising money and running for reelection.

No wonder people stopped voting.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:14 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Do they actually expect her to have micromanaged given the totality of her job description???
Well we know what a control freak Hillary is, of course she micromanaged all 13,000 State Department employees stationed in 273 diplomatic posts and still has time to evaluate the security needs of one of its ambassadors, down to whether they should care a Glock or a Sig 226!

Old 10-22-2015, 03:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
With the level of scrutiny Mrs Clinton is being subjected to in 8 consecutive inquisitions on the subject either there are no lies or the GOP are too incompetent to discover them.
IMO this new Benghazi inquisition has backfired for the GOP and has ended up in showing America just how tough (Presidential)Mrs Clinton is and just how petty and vindictive the GOP are.
Yup.

The Rs on this committee have not exactly covered themselves in glory today. Nor, by association, has the GOP.

Leads me to wonder - plenty of Rs are not dumb, so why are they doing this? I suspect we will see a lot of the footage generated today in campaign ads, complete with basso voice-overs and the theme from Jaws.

I think the GOP should generate their own ad footage, instead of spending taxpayer money.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:17 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Is it still a witch hunt if you actually find one?
Well...It sure isn't for the lack of trying, as it's been over a year and half I won't go into the costs to the taxpayers

Maybe this extra costs should actually be paid for by the RNC coffers and not the hard working taxpayers?? Just wondering??

Old 10-22-2015, 03:17 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you dont care about what went wrong, and how to fix/prevent it from happening again...

the point of this is NOT to assign blame, but to figure out what we need improvements on, what went wrong, how to prevent more americans from getting killed, how to have better oversight on things

I dont care if it was hillary's fault or not....but I certainly do care if we can fix things...I do care that an executive cabinet level officer (like Sec of State) that is CONSTANTLY dealing with classified/senstitive/secret/top secret information uses a secure server....I do care that if an ambassidor ASKS for more security, that the issue IS ADDRESSED at the HIGHEST LEVELS and IF it is to be ''declined'' there s a policy/regulation/REASON as to why...in WRITING
That portion of the investigation, on what went wrong, occurred years ago. Its been reviewed and investigated several times since.

Old 10-22-2015, 03:18 PM

23,975 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Well we know what a control freak Hillary is, of course she micromanaged all 13,000 State Department employees stationed in 273 diplomatic posts and still has time to evaluate the security needs of one of its ambassadors, down to whether they should care a Glock or a Sig 226!
Is that 13000 civil or foreign? When I looked up the number of employees it was close to 25000. Did I look in the wrong place?

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
She probably did not turn down his request for security. It was some deputy undersecretary. If it is so important, why has the committee not called that person.
They did there just wasn't anything to hurt Clinton.

Benghazi attack testimony claims state department ignored warnings | US news | The Guardian

906 posts, read 712,387 times
What are all these old people yammering about on tv? They must have forgotten to take their meds...theyre all talking slow and monotonal

Old 10-22-2015, 03:20 PM

35,693 posts, read 21,049,622 times
well my question was just answered- 5.17pm - BUDGET-- and the madam should have not gone personal of asking "why not call her friend?" trying to make it personal- can't go there - I cant judge her personally on the deaths of these Americans. many hands in the soup
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies