Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2015, 06:04 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,571,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
You do realise gun control does not mean "opposing gun ownership" right? I believe in legal gun ownership, but I also think that if an apparently ultra-liberal state like California, let's a sociopathic psycho like Elliott Rodger legally obtain a weapon, something needs to change!

Why is it so black and white with some people? Like, is there no room for a grey area?
Because Anti-Gun Nuts can not be trusted to make deals with. You give them a hand and they want your whole arm, while lying at the same time. They "DO" oppose Gun Ownership for private Citizens, and just lie about not opposing it. More and More people will say "NO" to them, no matter what they ask for. They can't be trusted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2015, 06:06 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Really … ???
Do you want to go there … ???

How many kitchen knives per capita in the USA … ???

How many murders by knife in the USA … ???

go to: FBI Expanded Homicide Data
I think you need to go to the FBI page, learn and better yet, comprehend....

You might be ashamed, or not....

Old 10-16-2015, 06:09 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
(1) Most of us who push for better more effective gun controls are NOT "anti-gun" …
But most are, including you....blah blah blah I own guns....blah blah blah...

Quote:
(2) Most of us who push for better more effective gun controls are concerned about ALL guns, not just "long guns" …
Except the people that you support and put into office, ONLY care about long guns....maybe go read the FBI table again...what type of weapon kills more?

Quote:
(3) Most of us who push for better more effective gun controls are NOT worried about "scary looking" guns ...
Except the people you put into office do care about that scary looking gun....

You know, those idiots that have the ability to change all those rules.....yea those guys....

Old 10-16-2015, 06:11 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I own a car and I think most people shouldn't be allowed to drive.

I'd also be willing to jump through crazy hoops to prove that I am qualified to drive.

Same with guns.

I own 5 handguns and a scary AR-15.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's a good idea to require the reporting of the theft of loss of a firearm because it discourages straw purchases. It's not uncommon for felons to have friend or relative purchase guns on their behalf, and some times the straw purchasers turn it into a lucrative side business, charging a fee for conducting transactions for dozens of felons or other prohibited persons.

When those guns are used in a crime and are run by the police, they almost never come back stolen, but when the buyer is contacted and advised the gun was used in a crime they report after the fact that it was lost or stolen. I think requiring them to report it when they realize it is gone will significantly cut down on those type of transactions.
Nope, Wrong, its not a "Good Idea," Its a "Feel Good" idea, that will not serve any purpose. Knowing it was stolen before it was used is worthless knowledge and prevents nothing. (unless you see what no one else sees) When the gun is used in a Crime, and "IF" its recovered, which is rare, the Police will find its been stolen when and if, they trace it back to the buyer. At this point they don't know any more than they did when they started. That makes it a worthless "feel good" Law that wastes a lot of time and paper, yet does nothing.

Straw purchasing is not as common as Anti-Gun Nuts want you to think. Its just more Propaganda to instill fear in people. Criminals can buy guns without finding a buyer that may later turn them in.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I am a person, not a "group" …

Right, Your a Person...with a "Group Mentality...

Old 10-16-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
The term "gun control" gets thrown around so easily. I think MOST people want some sort of background check and some training how to handle a gun. Guns DO kill people via accident, so why not have a little training? Geez, even watch a stinking video at a minimum. Of course the gun nut people will say what I just wrote is "gun control". That I find moronic, but there are plenty of idiots out there.
If "Videos" prevented Accidents, we wouldn't need Insurance Companies. Besides, if the Anti-Gun folks say that's all they want, they are lying and want much more. They just want you to open the Door a little bit. That's why I would say "NO" to any idea they brought up.

And yep, there are plenty of idiots here. Trying to "BAN" Scary Looking Guns....Not the most lethal, but the "Scariest" Looking. How much more of an Idiot can one be?

Old 10-16-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
And apparently they aren't being adequately enforced … ???

Why don't the Gun Nut Culture / NRA guys make use of their considerable political power to reign in gun dealers/owners who obviously contribute to the carnage … ???
Because we keep them after you folks, since your the people trying to disarm America. Terrorists are the primary group that needs to be dealt with, and the anti-gun Nuts are the second group, as assistants to Criminals and Terrorists, trying to make a safer environment for them.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
The fact that at least one person in this discussion agrees with the need for such/similar reforms indicates that the Gun Nut guys do NOT speak for all of the American public ...
And the anti-gun freak show thinks they do, even if they are ignorant of reality. Truth is, the Majority of Citizens in American do not want any more Gun Regulations.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:43 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Here is the translation...

I can't...I would be proven wrong, because I cannot back anything up I say....just ask me....

So, let me ask you ole teilhard....provide me the cases you are talking about, so I can review those EXACT cases you are talking about, this way, I can provide direct feedback to exactly what you are referring to...

Google: Kao Xiong June 27, 2013
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies