Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 06:58 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

I can think of many reason why Christianity is a plague worldwide.
I can think of positive things too...
But, I loved the posts about compared to Muslims, tho....

And I love Jesus, just not a 'Christian'.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:03 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperionGap View Post
Two teenage boys were beaten within inches of their lives [and one later succumbed to his injuries] by a bunch of fanatic Christians so they might "confess" their sins. Absolutely disgusting.

http://nytimes.com/2015/10/15/nyregi...ws.google.com/

“Both brothers were subjected to physical punishment in the hopes that each would confess to prior sins and ask for forgiveness,” Chief Michael S. Inserra of the New Hartford Police Department said at a news conference on Wednesday.

What a disgusting an foul religion would promote something like this? We should burn the bible and outlaw any Christian immigrants from entering this country because they clearly are all violent maniacs.
So you trash all of Christianity because of disturbed individuals who do not represent even 1% of Christians?

I'm an agnostic, so I'm not coming at this with any axe to grind, but wow, are you ever going off the cliff on this one.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Are you serious? 100% yes, if you go an inquisition museum in Latin Americas thousands of records showing natives burned alive for refusing to accept the cross.
That was back in the days where people used the church to empower and enrich themselves, where the church thought it could be the government as well. Christians reformed their religion specifically to eliminate anymore crap like that.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:07 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So you trash all of Christianity because of disturbed individuals who do not represent even 1% of Christians?

I'm an agnostic, so I'm not coming at this with any axe to grind, but wow, are you ever going off the cliff on this one.
Yeah, it's funny isn't it.

The smaller segments of extremists who twist Christianity to suit their needs aren't Christians. That is not Christianity; it's a cult.

Do people really believe ISIL is the true representation of Islam? Do people really believe that? Do people believe they are following what Islam actually teaches? If someone can't say no to that, then they're coming with biases of their own.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post

The smaller segments of extremists who twist Christianity to suit their needs aren't Christians. That is not Christianity; it's a cult.

Do people really believe ISIL is the true representation of Islam? Do people really believe that? Do people believe they are following what Islam actually teaches? If someone can't say no to that, then they're coming with biases of their own.
That's not what ME experts on Islam say.

You might want to read up on it.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:14 PM

19,824 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
not just Christians against children- I posted the abuse camp In Fl $5K to let them emotionally beat your kids down to dust- they end up like robots
Fernandina Beach, FL - Official Website - Camp Consequence

and nobody has anything to say-- Fam Serv is pro camp? nobody cares
Do you remember Straight, Inc.?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:17 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
That's not what ME experts on Islam say.

You might want to read up on it.
I don't consider terrorist extremists to be experts. People give them credit because they're taking all the airspace up. It's interesting how many Muslims have denounced ISIL, but hardly anyone knows because they don't receive the airspace. Media reporting seems to be the thing telling us how to think and what to think. Just like this thread.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:51 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...yeah right. That's such an arrogant statement that I'm surprised you had the guts to post it.

Yeah...the good old Europeans knew all about the REAL God while the dumb Indians gallivanted around the Americas for centuries only to find out that they were worshipping the wrong God all along, huh? An all powerful omnipresent God that couldn't bother to reveal himself to the Indians? That's what you're pushing here? Yeah...it is.

The Indians should've stuck to their own indigenous beliefs. They'd be a lot better off.
Funny how you think you know ALL Native American people....... The Nez Perce happen to do very well with business and living. They were smart, no Treaties were made with the government, along with their -Christian faith they are doing pretty good. Try to be opened-minded and learn something........

Local News | Nez Perce Indians In Idaho Celebrate Their Christian Traditions | Seattle Times Newspaper
Jesus is all the world to me," a group of Nez Perce Indians trilled in unison, their eyes fixed on the words printed on burgundy "Praise and Worship" books.
For decades, hundreds of Nez Perce from all over the country have gathered on this hilltop near Craigmont, Idaho.
They set up tepees and portable toilets. They build campfires and host barbecues. They sing hymns, study the Bible and worship God - the same one introduced to them in the 1800s by Christian missionaries.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage_girl View Post

And Christians speak out against these things and condemn them. As opposed to Muslims around the world, who poll after poll will say terrorism, killing innocent people, is justified.

Old 10-14-2015, 08:02 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

How many posters to this forum do not seem to be able to distinguish between some and all Muslims?

There are more than 40,000 Christian denominations in the US. This one reportedly had about 35 members who seemed to believe their way was was the only way.

6 church members have been arrested, including the boy's parents and sister.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies