Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 04:25 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Wicca is only about sixty years old. It was never banned.

Wicca is an attempt to revive old pagan traditions, and was banned until the 50s when provisions of the Witchcraft act were removed from British Law

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witchcraft_Act_1735

Old 10-15-2015, 04:36 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
I think you missed a very important part. The Jews did not go into an established nation country like UK or France. Palestine region was a colony of Turkey and then of UK.

And the people living there never did a thing to the Jews. So why start a country THERE of all places? Tahiti was also a colony of the British. Why not establish a Jewish homeland in an island paradise? Why choose a dusty collection of old rocks? Because of religion obviously, and history. And if some Arabs happened to be in the way, oh well, collateral damage, nothing more.

I'm a Gnostic. What if we got together and re-took southern France? So what if a bunch of French Catholics are in the area? Big Deal. We'll just wall them all up somewhere and deny them basic human rights, and then react with dismay as they start throwing homemade bombs at us and begin and endless tit-for-tat war with them and the US government could fund it.

And before I get anyone asking about why southern France: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crusade

The point, which should be obvious, is this: if any other group was doing what the Israelis are doing, the planet and the US would be up in arms. But because of religion and a belief that some big mean guy in the sky gave a group of people exclusive rights to a chunk of land, they get it and get money that should be spend on the American people, many of whom, like myself, do not believe in that absurd story or believe that Jesus will come back and needs Israel to be there to serve as the octagon for his MMA title match against his evil twin.

If the Roma (gypsies) took a piece of their ancestral home in Pakistan: all hell would break loose
If the Pagans took back what is owed to them, like territory or even just the Pantheon in Rome: all hell would break loose
Hell, if a black nationalist army was to go to Liberia to retake, all hell would break lose, an international coalition would be sent to drone attack them, etc.

But Zionists take over Israel? "ahh...stand with Israel!"

Old 10-15-2015, 05:48 PM

1,676 posts, read 945,849 times
OP, you need to be educated. Why would anyone care if the Romani went to Pakistan and made a country out of it? It's their ancestral homeland, but also Pakistan is a failed Islamist state. I'd personally be more than happy to see them return there, and many others would too. Nobody cares about nuclear-armed, corrupt, terrorist Pakistan except for terrorists and the liberals who defend them.

And as for the Arabs having nothing to do with the Holocaust, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem, Hajj Amin al-Husseini, met several times with Hitler and planned for the extermination of Jews in the Near East as soon as Hitler succeeded in Europe. Al-Husseini trained thousands of Balkan Muslim troops to assist Hitler. And at the time, anti-Jewish hatred was on the rise in the Islamic World. Look up the Farhud of Iraq, just one of several pogroms inflicted by Arab Muslims against Jews.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

What if the Wiccans and Druids were to get some guns, invade Cornwall and turn it into a Celtic Pagan nation, where Pagans could live free of persecution?
That'd be pretty cool movie. Jeremy Irons could play the villain.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:11 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
As far as I know, Pagans have not been slaughtered wholesale as recently as the twentieth century. Neither are they threatened with death daily by their neighbors. The Jewish people were given back the state of Israel after World War 2 for a reason.
According to Benjamin Freedman, Israel was given back for a different reason.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:15 PM

358 posts, read 283,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I suggest you educate yourself on the history of the Jews and why they need a homeland and will defend Israel unto death. Unless you are part of the 14 million, you wouldn't understand.
Awww Jews crying persecution

Old 10-15-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Most of my extended family was murdered only for being Jews in the Holocaust, but my growing family survives and some live in Israel. That is all I need to say about your ignorance.
What happened to the Jews and millions of others during the holocaust is what the Jews are doing towards the Palestinians today

Old 10-15-2015, 07:32 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
What happened to the Jews and millions of others during the holocaust is what the Jews are doing towards the Palestinians today
You need a calculator. Over the past 100 years Jews have not killed Arabs anywhere near 0.5% of the amount of Jews killed during WW2 under the Germans AND the Russians.

Old 10-15-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You need a calculator. Over the past 100 years Jews have not killed Arabs anywhere near 0.5% of the amount of Jews killed during WW2 under the Germans AND the Russians.
Doesn't matter how many Jews vs. Arabs got killed; it's 21st century not 1930s. So I guess Jews should kill 6 million Arabs to be satisfied and make it up

Where is "though shall not kill"?

Old 10-15-2015, 07:49 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,093,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Arabs live in Israel as equal citizens, how about Jews in Gaza?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies