Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 08:39 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Income inequality is a problem, but its not something that is terribly concerning to me. The third world and poor people keep adding to their numbers, non-stop, every day, exponentially.

The #1 weapon in the fight against income inequality is birth control and condoms.

A rising standard of living is the best population control policy. Birth rates plummet as societies rise from mass poverty to the global middle class.

When half your children don't live to adulthood, parents don't stop at two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 10:46 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I am always amazed at how struggling middle class conservative republicans go to bat for the billionaires of the world.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with being rich, but we have come to a point where even the billionaires you guys defend have realized they simply have too much wealth.

And yet the little conservative guys who struggle from paycheck to paycheck vote republican because of xenophobia, homophobia, fear of agnostics. etc.

Forbes Welcome
The only difference between you and "struggling middle class conservatives" is that you need a boogeyman (billionaires) to blame for your own shortcomings.

Btw, the top 1% that the article refers to contains very few billionaires.

Old 10-15-2015, 10:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
I am always amazed at how struggling middle class conservative republicans go to bat for the billionaires of the world.
Here we see the problem I speak about with Bernie. The (D)'s refused to condemn one of the biggest welfare programs for the rich in the history of the country in Q.E. but then blame their guilt on the "billionaire's".

If the left had stood up to Obama the wealth discrepancy would not be as bad as it is today.

Quote:
I am not saying there is anything wrong with being rich, but we have come to a point where even the billionaires you guys defend have realized they simply have too much wealth.
You need to pull your head out of your butt if you think I defend this. I'm one of the few that condemned the welfare programs, the refusals to prosecute the bankers that did this to the country.

Quote:
And yet the little conservative guys who struggle from paycheck to paycheck vote republican because of xenophobia, homophobia, fear of agnostics. etc.
You also voted for it.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c630d922-5...#axzz3oekLgs4Y

Old 10-15-2015, 10:53 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The only difference between you and "struggling middle class conservatives" is that you need a boogeyman (billionaires) to blame for your own shortcomings.

Btw, the top 1% that the article refers to contains very few billionaires.
Nice straw man!

I am in the top 1%. It does not take much to be there and I am well aware of the enormous tax burden we have to pay.

I do not blame billionaires, the more the better, I would love to see a 1,000 more Bill gates in america since that would improve the economy.

My beef with the struggling middle class republicans that defend the top brackets. One would think these folks should be voting democrat since they benefit a lot from social programs.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:05 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
This new economic reality is a direct result of globalization. There is only one candidate running for president who has a real workable plan for reversing this trend in America and that candidate is not Bernie Sanders.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:36 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Who is this bernie sanders dude, never heard of him, is he family to the chicken resturant dude. He sound like hes a markis communist. No not a insult but from what i heard his philophy is

Old 10-15-2015, 11:54 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Income inequality is a problem, but its not something that is terribly concerning to me. The third world and poor people keep adding to their numbers, non-stop, every day, exponentially.

The #1 weapon in the fight against income inequality is birth control and condoms.
Uhmmmm...worldwide poverty has been improving non-stop, every day. Kind of the opposite of what you are implying.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:

Forbes Welcome
"Struggling middle class" is what they call the people on welfare now.

We're all "middle class" now or haven't you noticed ?

And by global standards most of the US adults would be in the top 10% because 70% of global adults don't even have $10K to their name.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Uhmmmm...worldwide poverty has been improving non-stop, every day. Kind of the opposite of what you are implying.
Read the article..70% of the world's adults have less than $10K to their name.

The poor are multiplying quicker than those that can earn money.

We're feeding them and housing them but the poor are still multiplying in greater numbers.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:26 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Read the article..70% of the world's adults have less than $10K to their name.

The poor are multiplying quicker than those that can earn money.

We're feeding them and housing them but the poor are still multiplying in greater numbers.
Which is far better then historically. As a % worldwide the poor are fewer. Within the US we've seen inequality grow. Its a complex topic, but dont mistake the worldwide poor and worldwide poverty, for relative poverty within our country.

And try and understand that theres a difference between poverty, and inequality. Lets provide a example:

Lets say a country has a very low GINI index, and high poverty....the odds are most everyone is poor, and they're all working together to try and improve it. That covers some of the places with the worst poverty in the world. Historical data indicates that their situation will tend to improve.

Then a country with a LOT of wealth, and a extremely high GINI. Data indicates that this country has some issues. Growth is stalled-and has high risk of going negative, and unhappiness is high. They're at risk of falling behind.

then a country with lots of wealth and a low GINI. Growth is often stalled here as well, but the other side is that the happiness, lifespan, and more of the population will be much higher.

The poor arent "multiplying" here in the US so much that all the financial gains are going to the top, and we're pushing more people into being poor for the benefit of those at the very top. The "poor" aren't being poor by choice. They're working harder then ever for less and less. Meanwhile the richest are working less and less for more.

And worldwide theres less poverty now then there was 20 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies