Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2015, 01:27 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,572,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If this bill passes in California, I would bet the farm, it will not be the police going out to confiscate these mags.
It will be a task force perhaps made up of the state national guard, or agents from atf.
This is not going to be a voluntary deal where people will have a drop off point to surrender these clips.
It may start out that way, but common sense rules a volunteer program is stupid, and will not work, there fore the national guard, and/or atf will be in charge of collecting, and securing these clips.
Not all guns are registered with the state, but for those that are, it is a good starting point for agents to find the people who have these multi clips.

The last thing any city would be doing is having a police department responsible for collecting clips.
It would be a waste of department time, and certainly not cost effective.
No, it would be left to the agents experienced in guns and ammunition handling the process.

Bob.
What Country are you living in, Bob? That's not the way it works here, Bob. The anti-gun folks can't get simple crap passed anymore, and you saying that the Government is going to "Suspend" all Constitutional Rights, and go door to door to confiscate anything? Don't think so Bob. No one is going to give anyone a Search Warrant, on the premise that a large Magazine, "May" be in a house. The Constitution prevents that. Its called "Illegal Search and Seizure." The Government /Congress, would have to declare "Martial Law" so imagine that happening. You would likely see a Civil War, between anti-gun folks and gun folks. Imagine that happening...

How does common sense tell you that would work out Bob. Would you put money on the anti-gun folks or the Gun folks? (you know, the ones with the most Guns)

For all you folks that keep saying that wanting better Gun Registration is NOT about Confiscation, and we are wrong thinking that's what the anti-gun folks are after, Bob wants to clue you in, as an anti-gun person and set the record straight, as to what they really mean. Read his sentence quoted above. Any questions as to what Registration means to them??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
You appear to be salivating at the prospect of an elite group of
stormtroopers busting down people's doors to retrieve their guns.

Inside the chest of every leftist beats the heart of a screaming totalitarian.
Bob isn't a "Standard" for all people you would call Leftists. Many are staunch gun owners and would fight to protect that Right. Anti-Gun Folks are in a League or Cult, of their own

Old 10-21-2015, 01:48 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That's much better. How do you feel about semi-automatic Rifles that have a different Stocks and more accessories for appearance, than hunting rifles. The ones anti-gun nuts refer to as "Assault Rifles?" All these weapons function the same as hunting guns, and use the same ammunition as Hunting Guns. They just look different. What's your position there?
It's been years since I looked at the list, but I do recall a number of weapons being banned solely for what appeared to be cosmetic differences, something that never has made sense to me. I may have this wrong, but my husband isn't home for me to ask him. He owns a Mini 14 ranch that is California legal and sold a Mini 14 tactical before we moved out of NV that would not be legal here. He explained the difference I'm thinking the difference was a flash suppressor? If I'm wrong I apologize but DH has quite a few guns so it's easy to get confused. In any case they were basically the same gun.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
There were also a lot of people who didn't register because they thought they were being smart. Turns out, 24 years later, the ban is still in effect and they can't use their guns but people who registered can use theirs anytime they want to. Anyone who recommends people skip registering guns should look at what happened to those who didn't register in California. Loved your Uzi? Too bad it's just a paperweight now.
I would never recommend registering a gun. Registered or not, your "Uzi" still works, and if pinch comes to shove, as the old folks would say, its more than a paperweight. The only difference would be if the Law changed again. They would not know I had one, and instead, would come to get yours. I don't need to go out and shoot a "Special" weapon on a regular basis. All I need to know is that I have it, and its safe, if I should ever need it.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
It's been years since I looked at the list, but I do recall a number of weapons being banned solely for what appeared to be cosmetic differences, something that never has made sense to me. I may have this wrong, but my husband isn't home for me to ask him. He owns a Mini 14 ranch that is California legal and sold a Mini 14 tactical before we moved out of NV that would not be legal here. He explained the difference I'm thinking the difference was a flash suppressor? If I'm wrong I apologize but DH has quite a few guns so it's easy to get confused. In any case they were basically the same gun.
Anti gun indivduals are scared of rifles that are black. For some reason they are also afraid of ergonomically correct features.

Here are the rules pertaining to owning a rifle in California.

This is the goal of anti gunners, to make it as difficult and complex as possible to use a fundamental civil right. One person has been wrongfully arrested twice and had his guns confiscated because police could not figure out if what he owned was legal or not.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post

Exactly. Same in this State, if you pay any attention to those ridiculous Laws. Law abiding Gun Owners usually stayed away from illegal firearms, like Machine Guns, in the past, even though available, because gun Laws where reasonable. Today, it doesn't matter. If I wanted to buy a Machine Gun, I would do so, since most everything else I want would be against the Law too, so why not just get what you want, if your going to be illegal no matter what you do. Fortunately, my high cap magazines are grandfathered in, in my State, and if I find more older ones at yard sales or Auctions, I will buy them too.

Truth is, if something goes wrong enough for a person to pull out an illegal weapon, to use, its not going to matter to them, if its legal or not.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:09 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Exactly. Same in this State, if you pay any attention to those ridiculous Laws. Law abiding Gun Owners usually stayed away from illegal firearms, like Machine Guns, in the past, even though available, because gun Laws where reasonable. Today, it doesn't matter. If I wanted to buy a Machine Gun, I would do so, since most everything else I want would be against the Law too, so why not just get what you want, if your going to be illegal no matter what you do. Fortunately, my high cap magazines are grandfathered in, in my State, and if I find more older ones at yard sales or Auctions, I will buy them too.

Truth is, if something goes wrong enough for a person to pull out an illegal weapon, to use, its not going to matter to them, if its legal or not.
It might matter to the court system if there are any questions about the lawfulness of the self defense shooting.

Old 10-21-2015, 02:13 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If this bill passes in California, I would bet the farm, it will not be the police going out to confiscate these mags.
It will be a task force perhaps made up of the state national guard, or agents from atf.
This is not going to be a voluntary deal where people will have a drop off point to surrender these clips.
It may start out that way, but common sense rules a volunteer program is stupid, and will not work, there fore the national guard, and/or atf will be in charge of collecting, and securing these clips.
Not all guns are registered with the state, but for those that are, it is a good starting point for agents to find the people who have these multi clips.

The last thing any city would be doing is having a police department responsible for collecting clips.
It would be a waste of department time, and certainly not cost effective.
No, it would be left to the agents experienced in guns and ammunition handling the process.

Bob.

... "clips"....

Bob, you're a textbook case of someone who knows absolutely ZERO about firearms yet has the gall to lecture everyone else about firearms.

It's like listening to an illiterate muskrat lecture everyone about the nuances of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle.

Old 10-21-2015, 03:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
It has been illegal for a long time to have magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds. We're the most populated and best state in the nation, so sometimes you have to deal with things like this living here...
No, it has NOT. Do you people even read the laws, or do you just parrot what someone else said?

Quote:
Are large-capacity magazines legal?

Generally, it is illegal to buy, manufacture, import, keep for sale, expose for sale, give or lend any large-capacity magazine (able to accept more than 10 rounds) in California. However, continued possession of large-capacity magazines that you owned in California prior to January 1, 2000, is legal provided you are not otherwise prohibited. A person prohibited from possessing firearms is also prohibited from owning or possessing any magazines or ammunition.

(Pen. Code, §§16150, subd. (b), 30305, 32310.)
Frequently Asked Questions | State of California - Department of Justice - Kamala D. Harris Attorney General

Old 10-21-2015, 03:50 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Anti gun indivduals are scared of rifles that are black. For some reason they are also afraid of ergonomically correct features.

Here are the rules pertaining to owning a rifle in California.

This is the goal of anti gunners, to make it as difficult and complex as possible to use a fundamental civil right. One person has been wrongfully arrested twice and had his guns confiscated because police could not figure out if what he owned was legal or not.
Maybe this would be more to their liking?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies