Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 09:40 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,876,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well lets see. Certain Nation's citizens believe you can live forever and have great sex by grinding up parts of animals and making it into tea for starters.
You know I really don't get this logic.......people actually believe animals were put here for their empty life.......of better sex and living forever!

We have our own issues, although I find this sad.......a Nation is judged on how they treat their women, children and animals. Men have to be bigger than $$$$$ with their morals.

8 Biggest Poaching Cases in U.S. History -- Petersen's Hunting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 09:42 AM

50,073 posts, read 46,633,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Who is the conduit buying ivory and the end buyer?
That's a good question. I thought anything ivory was so 70s. If people put as much focus on ugly elephants as cute and cuddly lions we'd probably know. But we don't so, well, we don't. The best I've come up with is the Russians.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:00 AM

41,815 posts, read 50,816,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what is the reason, logic and sensibility of hunting innocent animals unless you do it for food. Please explain the thrill of it because I honestly don't understand
It's not something I would involve myself in but If I understand correctly the carcass is usually given to the local population. The hunters are also injecting funds into the local economy. The fees they pay are used to do things like prevent poaching. That one legally killed animal provides a lot of benefit to the people of the area and the rest of the animals.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:02 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,083,985 times
I don't understand something. Why are conservatives against conservation of habitats and large animals? Don't they believe this Earth is god's gift for mankind? You simply don't trash someone's gift to you.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:07 AM

50,073 posts, read 46,633,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I don't understand something. Why are conservatives against conservation of habitats and large animals? Don't they believe this Earth is god's gift for mankind? You simply don't trash someone's gift to you.
These local poachers are conservative? Who knew.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,169,407 times
You want outrage ?

Move the dead elephants to a US conservative state and tell the twitter crowd that conservative gun "nuts" did it.

Those twitters are so gullible they won't think a thing about it (that there are no elephants in the US) and will go rabid for "justice"

Old 10-18-2015, 10:24 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,161,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So what is the reason, logic and sensibility of hunting innocent animals unless you do it for food. Please explain the thrill of it because I honestly don't understand
Men have been hunting for hundreds of thousands of years. Only those who had the will and drive to hunt survived to pass on their genes. There are many who seek out the thrill that comes from hunting. It triggers something primal in them.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:31 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,161,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You want outrage ?

Move the dead elephants to a US conservative state and tell the twitter crowd that conservative gun "nuts" did it.

Those twitters are so gullible they won't think a thing about it (that there are no elephants in the US) and will go rabid for "justice"
You remember the outrage over the photo of Steven Spielberg sitting next to a "dead" triceratops that he supposedly killed?

Old 10-18-2015, 10:36 AM

23,338 posts, read 17,017,242 times
Quote:
Notice the liberal trend. Obama drew a red line in the sand if Assad used chemical weapons but had no problem with thousands being slaughtered by conventional means.

150 billion to iran to continue their terrorism and slaughter thousands more innocents while a theoretical nuke kills no one.

African hunting is big time money. The threat of losing money to poachers is incentive to protect the elephants and other critters to make sure their cash cows are around for a long, long time.

Hunting and wildlife management is like canning summer veggies so they are available beyond the harvest season. It is not about destruction...it is about conservation = wise use.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:44 AM

6,389 posts, read 4,083,985 times
Quote:
These local poachers are conservative? Who knew.
I don't know, but American conservatives are sure in support of poachers. Look at this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies