Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:31 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Put the shoe on the other foot, agriculture outweighs the burning of fossil fuels, SO HOW MANY MOVIES AND LEADERS ARE SAYING,'' STOP EATING MEAT,''

When are they going to do with the meat industry what they do to the fuel industry?

If the people who go after fossil fuels were really honest, then you would also see them going after the meat industry and we never hear a damn thang.

It's the lies and knowing that money talks.
LOL. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

This news that processed meat causes cancer was released just today from the World Health Organization.

Bacon and other processed meats can cause cancer, experts say | Reuters

Old 10-26-2015, 07:53 PM

23,158 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
LOL. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

This news that processed meat causes cancer was released just today from the World Health Organization.

Bacon and other processed meats can cause cancer, experts say | Reuters

I will dress out 20 deer next year. I will BBQ 12 ducks and make 50 meals from dove stew and. Catfish know my name and bass fear me. Ali gators know I am gonna get their tail and bless a squirrel who never sees me. I won't quit eating meat but there should be laws for meat eaters. If you wan ha eat meat,then you should be required to do some of your own killing and cleaning,and when you have put a host of sparrows to the fire, then you can buy a card to purchase meat

Old 10-26-2015, 07:58 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I will dress out 20 deer next year. I will BBQ 12 ducks and make 50 meals from dove stew and. Catfish know my name and bass fear me. Ali gators know I am gonna get their tail and bless a squirrel who never sees me. I won't quit eating meat but there should be laws for meat eaters. If you wan ha eat meat,then you should be required to do some of your own killing and cleaning,and when you have put a host of sparrows to the fire, then you can buy a card to purchase meat
How long do you think wildlife would last if everyone were like you?

Old 10-26-2015, 08:11 PM

23,158 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
After people actually gained a direct connection with life and taking life,they would respect nature and the earth.

It is the disconnect and taking nature for granted that needs to be fixed. Kids today have no idea what goes into that happy meal....

Old 10-26-2015, 08:12 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,581 times
If the glaciers are all melting and water rising Why doesnt my water glass over fill when the ice melts? Just asking thats all

Old 10-26-2015, 08:39 PM

33,541 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
If the glaciers are all melting and water rising Why doesnt my water glass over fill when the ice melts? Just asking thats all
Unbelievable.....What happens when you put another ice cube in your glass? Does it rise?.....Sea ice has no effect on ocean levels because it is already displacing it's weight in the water (like your first ice cube)....Land ice on the other hand causes levels to rise (like the added ice cube)

Old 10-26-2015, 11:38 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neosec View Post
OK, so that means that 96.6% of all the CO2 in the atmosphere is natural.

Since CO2 is responsible for 33% of the greenhouse effect and humans only produce 3.4% of it then, that means humans are responsible for... (33% X 3.4%) ~1% of the total greenhouse effect. 99% is NATURAL.

AGW? Color me skeptical.
Yep, you went and jumped right down that rabbit hole.

I'm not surprised you are 'skeptical' of your own 'conclusions', because your 'mathturbations' and 'conclusions' are wrong. Now if you took the time to understand the science better, you might reach a different conclusion -the one that every major Science Institution in the world has reached based on a consilience of evidence. But clearly you have no desire to understand the science better, or you would have already done so.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:16 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Yep, you went and jumped right down that rabbit hole.

I'm not surprised you are 'skeptical' of your own 'conclusions', because your 'mathturbations' and 'conclusions' are wrong. Now if you took the time to understand the science better, you might reach a different conclusion -the one that every major Science Institution in the world has reached based on a consilience of evidence. But clearly you have no desire to understand the science better, or you would have already done so.

So if YOU KNOW "the science", explain why:

1. The temperatures rose during the Great Depression, despite a massive world-wide reduction in CO2 output.

2. Despite man-made CO2 being only 1% of atmospheric CO2, how can any alterations in such a miniscule contribution to total CO2 levels have any effect at all?

3. Why are current CO2 levels LOW compared to most other periods in geological time? Why didn't the earth "over heat" then?

4. Why are there fossilized tropical plants and animals above the artic circle, dated to current continental positions?

5. Why do CO2 levels rise AFTER increases in temperature, rather than vice-versa?

6. Why have the AGW climate models been wrong?

7. Why is arctic sea ice at record levels since NASA has been measuring them?

8. Why did temps fall during and immediately after WW2, despite massive increases in man made CO2 production?

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 10-27-2015 at 06:32 AM..

Old 10-27-2015, 06:17 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
They adapt or die.

I always take my limit in mulies, white tail and antelope.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:09 AM
SFX

1,637 posts, read 893,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I'm familiar with both sides of the climate war, so I can answer all questions, from either POV. Please do not mistake these answers for my opinion, these are answers from the consensus science, not my own opinion.
Quote:

1. The temperatures rose during the Great Depression, despite a massive world-wide reduction in CO2 output.
It doesn't matter, current warming is from humans. That's what the evidence shows.

How can you argue against that?
Quote:
2. Despite man-made CO2 being only 1% of atmospheric CO2, how can any alterations in such a miniscule contribution to total CO2 levels have any effect at all?
Because Physics! More CO2 means it get hotter.
Quote:
3. Why are current CO2 levels LOW compared to most other periods in geological time? Why didn't the earth "over heat" then?
Because Dinosaurs reduced their carbon fuel use. When that didn't work, they brought a massive comet in to crash into the planet and cool things down.
Quote:
4. Why are there fossilized tropical plants and animals above the arctic circle, dated to current continental positions?
Dinosaurs had a thriving trade in tropical plants. The polar Dinosaurs loved tropical plants, and raised them in greenhouses.
Quote:
5. Why do CO2 levels rise AFTER increases in temperature, rather than vice-versa?
Because the oceans release carbon as they warm. Also, dinosaurs.
Quote:
6. Why have the AGW climate models been wrong?
The models are never wrong. We change them as we go along, so they can never be wrong. Why do you hate science?
Quote:
7. Why is arctic sea ice at record levels since NASA has been measuring them?
It's not. My post is my cite.
Quote:
8. Why did temps fall during and immediately after WW2, despite massive increases in man made CO2 production?
Because of air pollution. Unlike now, when the air is clean, back then pollution blocked out sunlight and made everything cold. Today we have clean burning fuels so it's getting warmer.

So you see all your arguments mean nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies