Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 06:55 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Wait until someone says, "sex and fun are causing people to over heat the planet"......we will no longer have a climate issue.
Sex is the reason.

Too many people and no meat thor'sday aint gonna make a difference.

Continue with your sex, I mean if you really need to burn all that energy when you could have used it for something else.

You are destroying the world but thas ok sweetheart.

Don't mind me as I lay here dying, it's not your fault after all, it is man, and omg, you wouldn't know about that would you?

Man will keep destroying the earth with it's sex, lol, but a woman aint never gonna get it.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
What specific parts of the established scientific record do you disagree with?

I am a bible man all the way.

So I believe in the big bang and I believe in Theo smashing into the earth in her theft of all the top soil where she became our moon. I believe in the sacrifices of God and what they represent in that the spirit of God would rest in the skins of animals but then evolution takes place and those animals become sons of God where the spirit of God was formed in them, and they can move from sons of animals to sons of the great spirit.

I am the earth, and I am the moon and the sun, it all belongs to me and was created for me. I feel the pull of the moon as she moves my waters and I am all water. It is the spirit of the bride, and the spirit of the bridegroom. Every 30 days as a woman's cycle, so is the moon.

I am in her, and she is in me, and this is the voice of the bride and the bridegroom, we are one.

Who are you?

Do you ever get the feeling that you have a place in this world, a destiny?

I can help you with that.

Or is it all for nothing?

Hope is better.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
relax-- the glazier in Argentina is growing!
For real?

Thanks for that, excuse me while I will sing my song for Argentina.

I am not even being sarcastic, GREAT NEWS!

Old 10-20-2015, 07:27 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I swear, if another person walks up and starts talking about burning fossil fuels, I may just get slappy.

Fossil fuels this and fossil fuels that, SO MANY MOVIES about the great lie of fossil fuels. I mean, I am just sick of the lies and I can't believe how people will lie right to your face and assume you to believe whatever they say.

It is a non issue.

IF man is causing climate change, and IF we need to do something to save the world, it doesn't have anything to do with fossil fuels.

But IF climate change is about to change the world, why O why would we try and stop it?

climate change is just the word for the day. climate change has been here since the planet was born and will still be here when mankind is extinct.

climate change is just the buzzword that liberals like to use because they know that not many people believe their global warming crap.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:34 PM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
climate change is just the word for the day. climate change has been here since the planet was born and will still be here when mankind is extinct.

climate change is just the buzzword that liberals like to use because they know that not many people believe their global warming crap.
Speaking of lies.....In this poll......69 percent of Americans believed that global warming is caused mainly by human activities (57%), or caused equally by humans and natural changes (12%), while only 29 percent believed it is caused mostly by natural changes in the environment. - See more at: American Opinions on Global Warming: A Yale/Gallup/Clearvision Poll | Yale Project on Climate Change Communication

First, Americans overwhelmingly agree that global warming is happening. Out of 3,143 total counties in the United States, majorities of just 39 counties disagree. That means nearly 99 percent of all counties in the country “believe in” global warming—with the holdouts confined to deeply conservative places like Limestone County, Alabama, or coal-producing Putnam County, West Virginia. http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...l_warming.html

Old 10-21-2015, 01:52 AM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
All the confusion is created by scientists, who can be more corrupt than politicians.

It would be suicidal for the coal industry, with billions invested in coal plants and scrubbers, not to hire an army of scientists to disprove the findings of other scientists.

The caffeine industry has a big 9-story research facility in Paris to defend the caffeine industry. Don't bring up the idea of the coffee from Vietnam being unsafe, due to all the Agent Orange we dumped on that country, for they'll pounce on any scientist that beings up that topic.

I have the same trust in Scientists that I have for Politicians, and both can you leave you terribly confused.

Old 10-21-2015, 05:20 AM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
we have to admit though as humans we are PIGS can't control our garbage and just throw everything everywhere --corporations included -and co's- because they are cheapskates - and greedy- as in the VW- but every live near a huge plant ughh -- where does it all go?

Old 10-21-2015, 06:41 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,194,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Speaking of lies.....In this poll......69 percent of Americans believed that global warming is caused mainly by human activities (57%), or caused equally by humans and natural changes (12%), while only 29 percent believed it is caused mostly by natural changes in the environment. - See more at: American Opinions on Global Warming: A Yale/Gallup/Clearvision Poll | Yale Project on Climate Change Communication

First, Americans overwhelmingly agree that global warming is happening. Out of 3,143 total counties in the United States, majorities of just 39 counties disagree. That means nearly 99 percent of all counties in the country “believe in” global warming—with the holdouts confined to deeply conservative places like Limestone County, Alabama, or coal-producing Putnam County, West Virginia. New climate change poll shows Americans believe in global warming.

that is a poll, not an actual amount. plus, in some polls, most people do not believe in global warming, never wanted the aca and do not believe in federal gun control.

polls are only there and can be rigged to go one way or the other just on the wording of the questions asked.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:08 AM

33,535 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
that is a poll, not an actual amount. plus, in some polls, most people do not believe in global warming, never wanted the aca and do not believe in federal gun control.

polls are only there and can be rigged to go one way or the other just on the wording of the questions asked.
Of course anything that disagrees with your denial just has to be rigged...Since you claim that some polls lean the opposite way, why not show me a recent poll by a reputable source that does...I'd really appreciate that, because I was unable to find even one.

Even most republicans are now accepting the facts.... http://polling.clearpath.org/docs/cl...vey_report.pdf

Old 10-21-2015, 10:05 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
but we can no more change our climate than we can affect our orbit around our universe.

This is rationale based on belief and hope and faith. it is not supported by our observations of the earth, its climate, and our impact on it.

Do not confuse personal belief for fact

I rely on what we can observe, and what these observations tell us. otherwise known as science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies