Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:06 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,028,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Libs love Sanctuary Cities (more demrat votes) UNTIL one of THEIR loved ones is killed by a third worlder in one of those cities...
Won't happen.
Too many of their lawmakers and families live in wealthy private enclaves, and have the privilege of affording private schools for their children and grandchildren.
The illegals will be placed with common folk; nowhere near wealthy lawmakers or their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 09:07 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,213,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Senate Democrats block bill to strip federal funds from 'sanctuary cities'

Senate Democrats block 'sanctuary cities' legislation

Unreal.

But are we really surprised? In my view, the rule of law/constitution is being ignored left and right on so many levels, it's pathetic. Will the voting public ever wake up to what's going on? Honest answer....no.

Soooo, what's this BS about the Republicans holding everything up I keep hearing about....we need to start handing out flyers showing where all the rich democrats live to those in need of "sanctuary"....let them target those hypocritical homes first....

Old 10-20-2015, 09:11 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,469,571 times
Too bad someone cannot call for the assassination of all those that voted to keep them, as a treasonous act against the sovereignty of the nation and not upholding the oath they took to uphold the US Constitution.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:14 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,440,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Won't happen.
Too many of their lawmakers and families live in wealthy private enclaves, and have the privilege of affording private schools for their children and grandchildren.
The illegals will be placed with common folk; nowhere near wealthy lawmakers or their families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Soooo, what's this BS about the Republicans holding everything up I keep hearing about....we need to start handing out flyers showing where all the rich democrats live to those in need of "sanctuary"....let them target those hypocritical homes first....
Yes indeed, welcome to hypocrite central...what's good for everybody sure isn't good for "me" and "my" family.

What's amazing to me is how people buy into all this. How some politicians market themselves as for the "little people" yet has anyone seen how/where many of these people live? Their net worth? Lots of the herd are beyond naive.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:35 PM

17,363 posts, read 9,189,828 times
The ONLY way to stop these Sanctuary Cities from harboring Illegal Alien Felons is to cut off their funding.
TeamObama and the Leftists support these Sanctuary Cities with their policy of ignoring Federal Law.

The Leftists vote in a block to support Illegal Felons - put pressure on the State Legislatures to cut off funding to these Leftist Cities with their harmful policy of ignoring Federal Law.

We can't count on the Federal Government -- we have to do this at the Local and State level.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 PM

6,220 posts, read 3,583,840 times
Absolutely disgusting. These legislators have abnegated their duty to protect their constituents, the American people. I would like to see some hard numbers from these sanctuary cities showing just how many times information from an illegal alien lead to the direct arrest and conviction of an illegal who had committed a crime...information that the police could not have obtained on their own. How many non-violent illegals know something but refuse to snitch anyway because of tribal loyalty?

The man who shot Kate Steinle told us point-blank that he chose San Francisco because it's a sanctuary city. Do these politicians think there aren't hundreds if not thousands more like him thinking the same way? They should all be tried for treason.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:04 PM

6,542 posts, read 6,696,903 times
The real face of the left....chaos & anarchy.

Old 10-20-2015, 10:55 PM

8,486 posts, read 10,901,341 times
When a politician takes the oath of office, I believe it states to uphold and protect the constitution of the united states, or something to that effect.

I think something should be added to that oath, and that is, "If I fail to do as I swear under oath, I will not only relinquish my position, but agree to be tried for treason against the United States."
That should put some , if not all politicians, on notice that they best regard the constitution as the important document of the people that it is.
This includes all politicians, federal and state.

Bob.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:04 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,863,317 times
You can't blame the Democrats without also blaming the corrupt Republican leadership ( McConnell ) who purposely paired the sanctuary city legislation and Kate's Law in an effort to sink both laws....

Why is Republican leadership so obstructionist to their own party's agenda? McConnell can go the way of Boehner as far as I'm concerned.

Old 10-21-2015, 01:08 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,643,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
So, harboring known felons and violent criminals, at taxpayer expense, all while in violation of federal law... is OK with you.
No, but having less police officers, making people homeless, and stopping federal funding for disasters is not the best way to solve this very complex problem.

Quote:
Let me ask you a question: What federal laws do YOU get to violate?
NONE, I would never want to be prosecuted under federal laws.

Chad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies