Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 10:57 AM

675 posts, read 723,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
These daily and weekly shooting in and around the Nation, in every state, then there is the madness in particular to focus on The ArklaTex, has gone far enough. Whether it's Shreveport, Texarkana, Marshall, or further South. Focus is also on the killing frenzy in Big Major Metro's, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, and many many many other cities.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!

There has to be a crack down - I don't care about the Gun obsessed advocates and their whining. I own guns, I have no problem with a program that demands re-registration into a national data base, with finger prints and photo required, as well as controls on individual sellers, to have to submit a form to the Local Police Department in their area and wait for an authorization to sell a gun to another individual. it does not matter if its a Hand Gun or any kind of gun, including shot guns, The seller and the purchaser needs to have a background check performed before the police give the authorization to transfer ownership of guns from one person to another.

Then we can move toward a program to random gun check, on people in the streets, potential or suspected gang members, or anyone who has and fits what ever the profile is in questionable situations of a potential criminal intent, or domestic violence or other types of categories which pose potential threat, or harm to others.

We can't go on with some bland and wild west style mentality of fighting against some maintenance managmement of who has guns and who does not. I don't care if they ban "Assault Weapons", as far as I'm concerned they have no place in the general public domain, they should be relegated to Police, and Military ownerships and usage. PERIOD. iT IS NOT A SPORT'S HUNTING WEAPON - it is an Assault Weapon. PERIOD. Trying to pretend otherwise is an insanity. Trying to justify it for Sports Hunting should be classified as cruelty to animals. there are many justifications to get these things out of the hands of average citizens.
Purchasing Amo is another matter that has to be addressed. No sale without a form stating what the intented use is. We can go as far as having people to bring in the expended casing, if they expect to purchase additional amo.

I'm sure this post will get a big backlash of controversy, but rather than slamming everything, if you can't offer potential solutions, the posting a bunch of contrite commentary is not promoting anything toward solving the matter of guns in the wrong hands.

It would be treat is there was such a thing as 100% Responsible Gun Ownership - but that is not reality and that certain is not a true fact in America. I am not against Gun Ownership - But we certainly should have some controls over Management Maintenance and National Data systems which profile who is the gun owner and what type of guns do they own.
Gun Manufactuers should be made to build "chip technology" within every weapons produced", and embed it in a way that it cannot be easily removed. Anyone caught with an altered chip, or a removed chip, They are dealt with through the Law Encorcement system and ATF; treat it the same as "counterfieting" with mandatory still penalty.

Then... there is the craziness of 'Domestic Violence" with people killing the whole family, behind some emotional squabble, economic set back and broken relationship. Why don't we have a campaign of some sort, that emphasis, "Don't Run to the Gun - find a soultion to preserve life".
We need a Campaign to Teach Kids, - "Killing Does not Solve Problems or Challenges in Building a Good Life".

We can talk all do and put management maintenance data systems to gun ownership, but even still if we don't reach the hearts and minds of people, even those who have guns and they are within the data base and their picture and finger prints are registered. If they don't have focus given to the mental and social aspects and concepts about how to make their life work. These people can be killers, the same as people in any given situation.

People can find many means to kill, but we need not make grabbing a gun such a easy option. We should not make having acces to get a gun such a easy options, We can make it a Responsible Choice. We can set up mandatory training for people who purchase guns, be it via private purchase or via gun dealers. There should be some mandatory " Responsibility Session" people must attend.
  • You can't just go buy and car and start driving, you have to pass a test and be issued a license.
  • Why should people be allowed to buy a gun and just be loose to go start shooting it?
I agree with your thoughts about gun control but I don't think the powers to be in the various cities are truly that interested in changing violence in their respective cities. Crime is big business which employs hundreds of people at least in Baltimore. Over the past 5 years judges here have decreased incarcerations by 43% causing a rapid increase in violent crime. The State's Attorneys Office which has half the conviction rate of other cities have spurred criminals to act out after the arrest of the six police officers. The powers to be need to go before we can expect any significant changes in the crime rate. Plus we have a president who excuses criminal behavior.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:01 AM

675 posts, read 723,948 times
Quote:
These daily and weekly shooting in and around the Nation, in every state, then there is the madness in particular to focus on The ArklaTex, has gone far enough. Whether it's Shreveport, Texarkana, Marshall, or further South. Focus is also on the killing frenzy in Big Major Metro's, Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, and many many many other cities.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!

There has to be a crack down - I don't care about the Gun obsessed advocates and their whining. I own guns, I have no problem with a program that demands re-registration into a national data base, with finger prints and photo required, as well as controls on individual sellers, to have to submit a form to the Local Police Department in their area and wait for an authorization to sell a gun to another individual. it does not matter if its a Hand Gun or any kind of gun, including shot guns, The seller and the purchaser needs to have a background check performed before the police give the authorization to transfer ownership of guns from one person to another.

Then we can move toward a program to random gun check, on people in the streets, potential or suspected gang members, or anyone who has and fits what ever the profile is in questionable situations of a potential criminal intent, or domestic violence or other types of categories which pose potential threat, or harm to others.

We can't go on with some bland and wild west style mentality of fighting against some maintenance managmement of who has guns and who does not. I don't care if they ban "Assault Weapons", as far as I'm concerned they have no place in the general public domain, they should be relegated to Police, and Military ownerships and usage. PERIOD. iT IS NOT A SPORT'S HUNTING WEAPON - it is an Assault Weapon. PERIOD. Trying to pretend otherwise is an insanity. Trying to justify it for Sports Hunting should be classified as cruelty to animals. there are many justifications to get these things out of the hands of average citizens.
Purchasing Amo is another matter that has to be addressed. No sale without a form stating what the intented use is. We can go as far as having people to bring in the expended casing, if they expect to purchase additional amo.

I'm sure this post will get a big backlash of controversy, but rather than slamming everything, if you can't offer potential solutions, the posting a bunch of contrite commentary is not promoting anything toward solving the matter of guns in the wrong hands.

It would be treat is there was such a thing as 100% Responsible Gun Ownership - but that is not reality and that certain is not a true fact in America. I am not against Gun Ownership - But we certainly should have some controls over Management Maintenance and National Data systems which profile who is the gun owner and what type of guns do they own.
Gun Manufactuers should be made to build "chip technology" within every weapons produced", and embed it in a way that it cannot be easily removed. Anyone caught with an altered chip, or a removed chip, They are dealt with through the Law Encorcement system and ATF; treat it the same as "counterfieting" with mandatory still penalty.

Then... there is the craziness of 'Domestic Violence" with people killing the whole family, behind some emotional squabble, economic set back and broken relationship. Why don't we have a campaign of some sort, that emphasis, "Don't Run to the Gun - find a soultion to preserve life".
We need a Campaign to Teach Kids, - "Killing Does not Solve Problems or Challenges in Building a Good Life".

We can talk all do and put management maintenance data systems to gun ownership, but even still if we don't reach the hearts and minds of people, even those who have guns and they are within the data base and their picture and finger prints are registered. If they don't have focus given to the mental and social aspects and concepts about how to make their life work. These people can be killers, the same as people in any given situation.

People can find many means to kill, but we need not make grabbing a gun such a easy option. We should not make having acces to get a gun such a easy options, We can make it a Responsible Choice. We can set up mandatory training for people who purchase guns, be it via private purchase or via gun dealers. There should be some mandatory " Responsibility Session" people must attend.
  • You can't just go buy and car and start driving, you have to pass a test and be issued a license.
  • Why should people be allowed to buy a gun and just be loose to go start shooting it?
Your right "Enough is enough" try convincing the powers to be of this.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:06 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
I just see the obvious.
The obvious is that gun laws are only obeyed that those who CHOOSE to obey them.

Criminals will NOT choose to obey gun laws.

That is what is obvious.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:20 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!

Speaking of. My weapons are safely locked up in my gun safe. Where they will remain legally.

Carry on.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:44 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Criminals will NOT choose to obey gun laws.
Yes, but it's a lot easier to ***** at the law-abiding owners on the internet vs actually going into some of the seedy areas and confronting repeated felons and gang-members and drug dealers.

Start in Chicago. 61% of shootings there are gang-related.

Chicago Gang Violence: By The Numbers - ABC News

But it's every other gun owners fault for those numbers.

Old 10-22-2015, 11:48 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times
Per gun owned, the USA has among the lowest gun violence rate of developed countries.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:34 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,684,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonmike7 View Post
yes, but it's a lot easier to ***** at the law-abiding owners on the internet vs actually going into some of the seedy areas and confronting repeated felons and gang-members and drug dealers.

Start in chicago. 61% of shootings there are gang-related.

chicago gang violence: By the numbers - abc news

but it's every other gun owners fault for those numbers.
Enough !!!! - This killing frenzy has become an atrocity-gun-control.jpg

Old 10-22-2015, 12:54 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,345,962 times
If a drunk guy drives his car and kills a bunch of people on the street do they ban cars because the car killed someone?

If some guy drives like a bat out of hell and kills someone with the car do they ban cars because the car killed someone?

On Tuesday a 68 year old woman was driving her Corvette at a high rate of speed hitting a mini van that was entering the street from a shopping center. Her car took the front end of the van off from the speed of impact. The woman driving the Corvette died at the scene. The people she hit went to the hospital. There were no skid marks on the street. It appears she never tried to stop. Should we ban cars because the car in this case killed the driver and injured two other people severely.

Paul Walker lost his life along with another guy when the car they were in lost control at a high rate of speed killing both of them on impact. Should cars be banned because they were killed?

Some years back an elderly man drove his car into a large outdoor shopping area. People died at the scene. Others were hurt. Should cars be banned because people were killed?

Why don't we ban cars because people die in them.

Of course we don't ban cars. Why is that? Because everyone knows it is not the car that killed anyone, it was the operator of the car that killed everyone, intentionally or not. In every situation I mentioned the killing or death did not have to happen. In each case the situation could have been much different if the person operating the car had done so in a safe manner. In some cases people have used cars to hurt of kill on purpose. You can read about people using a car to kill someone intentionally. The woman with the Corvette, although dead, is being looked at as a suicide. In each of these cases I am sure that the drivers had a license to drive. Not that it would matter. I mentioned in another post that not all people have a license to drive and yet they do it anyway.

It is absurd to think that taking law abiding citizens guns away will make the world a safe place. We would not take a safe drivers car away because another person chose to use their car in a manner that caused death or harm to another person. Those that break the law will still have their guns. Others will never give them up. Many people will hold onto their guns to protect this great nation from evil people that wish to take away our rights by destroying the one document that makes this Nation under God so great.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:13 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
If the homies in the hood want to shoot each other, meh, who cares......

#1 reason gun control will NEVER work is because any half decent machinist can make one, and guess who works those blue collar jobs

To completely rid this country of guns you would have to confiscate every machine tool in existence, and exterminate anyone with the knowledge to make one. Even then I can go into any hardware store and buy some pipe and a few fittings and make a crude but deadly single shot gun
I made my first one when I was still in grade-school, didn't even have to buy anything. A scrap of small pipe, an end-cap, some clamps to clamp it to a bit of wood for a handle, and a hand-drill to drill out a hole in the endcap to ignite the charge...all just from crap I found laying around.

It was a bit cruder than the matchlock invented in the 15th century, but it worked, surprisingly well. It was all thunk up on the spur of the moment by a 10 year-old. Thinking back on it, the amazing thing is that I didn't blow my hand off testing it...it didn't occur to me (at the time) that it would have been prudent to test it by clamping it in a vise and firing it remotely.

Old 10-22-2015, 01:14 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
If a drunk guy drives his car and kills a bunch of people on the street do they ban cars because the car killed someone?

If some guy drives like a bat out of hell and kills someone with the car do they ban cars because the car killed someone?

On Tuesday a 68 year old woman was driving her Corvette at a high rate of speed hitting a mini van that was entering the street from a shopping center. Her car took the front end of the van off from the speed of impact. The woman driving the Corvette died at the scene. The people she hit went to the hospital. There were no skid marks on the street. It appears she never tried to stop. Should we ban cars because the car in this case killed the driver and injured two other people severely.

Paul Walker lost his life along with another guy when the car they were in lost control at a high rate of speed killing both of them on impact. Should cars be banned because they were killed?

Some years back an elderly man drove his car into a large outdoor shopping area. People died at the scene. Others were hurt. Should cars be banned because people were killed?

Why don't we ban cars because people die in them.

Of course we don't ban cars. Why is that? Because everyone knows it is not the car that killed anyone, it was the operator of the car that killed everyone, intentionally or not. In every situation I mentioned the killing or death did not have to happen. In each case the situation could have been much different if the person operating the car had done so in a safe manner. In some cases people have used cars to hurt of kill on purpose. You can read about people using a car to kill someone intentionally. The woman with the Corvette, although dead, is being looked at as a suicide. In each of these cases I am sure that the drivers had a license to drive. Not that it would matter. I mentioned in another post that not all people have a license to drive and yet they do it anyway.

It is absurd to think that taking law abiding citizens guns away will make the world a safe place. We would not take a safe drivers car away because another person chose to use their car in a manner that caused death or harm to another person. Those that break the law will still have their guns. Others will never give them up. Many people will hold onto their guns to protect this great nation from evil people that wish to take away our rights by destroying the one document that makes this Nation under God so great.
To take that one further. DUI's kill waaaaay more people each year than guns do. Does this mean they're going to outlaw alcohol and car manufacturers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies