Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 01:14 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,482,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
The problem isn't that simple in all cases.

You have kids who do things that later regret doing them who in turn start throwing people under buses to make up for their lack of better judgment calls simply because they can. fear of Social stigma, regret or unwanted complications...just a plain miserable vengeful person...whatever drives them to do it, it happens all the time.

You're also assuming both parties are functionally coherent and both not drinking or drunk to have comprehension skills to stop what seems like it is consensual in those moments. Which more often than not in situations where booze it flowing freely, it's not the case.

These are the type of moments where things get dicey and people start throwing blame around and the actual equality issues start presenting themselves front and center.
There are always going to be outliers.

If a guy gets so drunk that he can't tell what's consensual, and he forces himself on someone, he's still a rapist whether he likes it or not. Her consent is what matters, not his interpretation of it, and her consent must be explicit and she must be sober and at full capacity to give it.

That's not usually how it plays out, though. The campus rape issue is usually about men who are NOT intoxicated raping women who are.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:18 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,109,847 times
That is because it is excrutiatingly difficult to leave the USA in any sort of meaningful way to find women that do need men still. Without bringing them back here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Let's face it: Women don't need men the same way they used to. It's not that we don't need men at all. It's that we need them for different reasons now, and some men haven't found their place in that yet, so they resent it and lash out.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:20 AM

You know what I think is ironic is that no one really cares except for women and peoples whos jobs would be on the line if they did not make grand statements about it. Otherwise no one really cares.

Quote:
There are always going to be outliers.

If a guy gets so drunk that he can't tell what's consensual, and he forces himself on someone, he's still a rapist whether he likes it or not. Her consent is what matters, not his interpretation of it, and her consent must be explicit and she must be sober and at full capacity to give it.

That's not usually how it plays out, though. The campus rape issue is usually about men who are NOT intoxicated raping women who are.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
But only the man in responsible in this case, she gets to go get sloshed on free drinks at a party and yell and put her hands in the air with her boobs hanging out teasing all the guys around her who are finanicing the party but then gets to play the rape card when some bad calls are made.
A woman should be able to wear what she wants and do what she wants in any condition she's in without being raped. Not sure where you're not understanding this, but quite frankly, it is disturbing that you continue to harp on this. Again, please get psychiatric help. Someone messaged me saying you might be a past member called LPfan. Are you?

Old 10-23-2015, 01:47 AM

Yea she can but no one is going to care when she gets raped. People care when chruch girl gets raped while she is doing her homework in her dorm by some guy in a ski mask. Not when debbie does dallas gets "raped" at some party dressed like a hooker.

Quote:
A woman should be able to wear what she wants and do what she wants in any condition she's in without being raped. Not sure where you're not understanding this, but quite frankly, it is disturbing that you continue to harp on this. Again, please get psychiatric help. Someone messaged me saying you might be a past member called LPfan. Are you?

Old 10-23-2015, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Yea she can but no one is going to care when she gets raped. People care when chruch girl gets raped while she is doing her homework in her dorm by some guy in a ski mask. Not when debbie does dallas gets "raped" at some party dressed like a hooker.
Civilized people care.

I find your posts offensive and disturbing and will not be responding to you further.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:51 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Quote:
This is in a nutshell.

It's basically the equivalent of me (as a male) going into the poorest hood in the Bronx (I live in NY as my username implies, heh) wearing expensive clothing, jewelry, having a very nice car at my disposal, etc. I SHOULD be entitled to go anywhere I please without fear of being attacked or so, but if I did that, I would simply be asking for it.

That's basically what pittsflyer is referring to, and he has a point.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
This is in a nutshell.

It's basically the equivalent of me (as a male) going into the poorest hood in the Bronx (I live in NY as my username implies, heh) wearing expensive clothing, jewelry, having a very nice car at my disposal, etc. I SHOULD be entitled to go anywhere I please without fear of being attacked or so, but if I did that, I would simply be asking for it.

Crime--any crime--is the sole responsibility of the person who commits it.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:17 AM

And when you get robbed in the bronx, no one else is going to care either lol. There is no upside for a random person to inject themselves in a robbery sitaution in the bronx or a rape in some dingy party that a passerby happens to see. No upside what so ever only tons of down sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
This is in a nutshell.

Old 10-23-2015, 02:21 AM

Yes, and not the responsibility of anyone else. Now if I just saw some person laying on the side of the road I would for sure do something, I have community service on my contacts and blankets in my truck.

But injecting myself into some "rape" situation, nope not going to happen, even if you call the cops now your going to be questioned and potentially harrassed by the cops and for what?

Quote:
Crime--any crime--is the sole responsibility of the person who commits it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.