Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2015, 10:46 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
A vote for Hilary is a guarantee of an even more divided government. There is no way she will work with Republicans. It will be another 4-8 years of a president who refuses to compromise and will fudge the truth to protect their image. More of the same crap, probably worse. At least Trump doesn't give a rip about protecting a political image. If he surrounded himself with strong advisers, he may not be a disaster after all.

I do wish he would drop out though because a Trump nomination is pretty much handing the victory to Hilary. She's a pro at deflecting grilling so any Trump vs Hilary debate will even be a tie or her winning.
You are quite presumptuous assuming that the Republican party will still be the majority in Congress after the 2016 election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,630 posts, read 1,453,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I agree. And more's the pity. I so want to see him attempt to debate Hillary. What fun that would be.
When it comes to a debate, Trump is outclassed by Rand Paul, Christie and Kasich. The latter are politicians and know the game. Trump is surviving now because there are too many on the stage. If the field was wilted to 2 or no more than 3 people, I think his supporters would be astonished at what a lightweight this guy is in the political arena.

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Ya know, it's sad... I watched a couple of speeches by Vladimir Putin the other day and I found myself wondering: "why don't we have a leader like that in America?"
You mean one that assassinates his opponents, closes down critical news outlets, has amassed an estimated $200 billion in personal wealth while never having a private sector job that Vladimir Putin?

Old 10-23-2015, 10:51 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,616,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
You'd have to be a complete to vote for either Hillary or Trump. They are two of the most crooked, two-faced, bloodthirsty, megalomaniacal, narcissistic monsters this country has ever barfed out. Even Obama looks good by comparison.

Ya know, it's sad... I watched a couple of speeches by Vladimir Putin the other day and I found myself wondering: "why don't we have a leader like that in America?"

Of course Vladdy is two-faced as well, but at least he comes off as level-headed, intelligent, strong (but not overbearing), moral and isn't an embarrassment to his country.
Let me guess? You are a Conservative?
Not over bearing? What exactly do you call dropping bombs over sovereign Syria? Crimea?

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-23-2015 at 11:36 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 10:53 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
You mean one that assassinates his opponents, closes down critical news outlets, has amassed an estimated $200 billion in personal wealth while never having a private sector job that Vladimir Putin?

Yeah, the Commie KGB chief.

The one who's about 4 feet tall.

Vlad the Tiny

Old 10-23-2015, 10:58 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Conservatives get a tingle down their leg at the thought of a big, shirtless, he-man, murdering, ex-KBG dictator and want one of their own. How embarrassing that the rest of the world sees our Conservatives and thinks all Americans must be imbeciles.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:02 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yeah, the Commie KGB chief. The one who's about 4 feet tall.
I find it truly amazing the level of bi-partisan and across the ideological spectrum love being showered on this essentially Stalinist thug. I just don't get it.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:04 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's sad and embarrassing is that you admire a dictator and wish that we had one.
You'd better go back to school and learn something, maybe stop slurping down some of the propaganda. Putin is no angel but he's no Hitler either, despite what Faux News claims. Russia is still a democracy and the Russians keep voting him in so he must be doing something right. Still, I'm talking about how Putin presents himself, not what he really is... which is of course, something else. Potential world leaders could learn a thing or two by watching the guy.

Still, it goes to show the sad state of affairs of the American political system. We've literally had NO presidents we could really be proud of since Regan (and even that's debatable) and no truly great presidents since Kennedy.

America desperately needs a truly great man (or woman) in the oval office... probably more than ever in the country's history and our options are panning out to be a multiple bankruptcy filing, scroogey self-serving reality TV figure with the diplomacy skills of a walrus or the lying, scamming, cheating 'effing ice queen of doom.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I find it truly amazing the level of bi-partisan and across the ideological spectrum love being showered on this essentially Stalinist thug. I just don't get it.
All things aside, the guy is a master at his craft (convincing other people that he's worth following) If you've never seen any of Putin's complete speeches, you should really watch them... it will make you realize how bad our own politicians suck at doing the same thing.

Does a good face mean I'd follow him to hell and back? Hell no, he's as evil and conniving as the rest of 'em... but I do admire his skill-set. America needs a similar political genius (but with American ideals) badly.

Old 10-23-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Let me guess? You are a Conservative?
Not over bearing? What exactly do you call dropping bombs over sovereign Syria? Crimea?
Pretty comparable but far more cleverly pulled off than Americans invading sovereign Afghanistan and Iraq as well as dropping even more bombs on Syria without accomplishing anything while simultaneously assembling and arming ISIS and making it painfully, embarrassingly obvious that America was playing both sides of the war and was therefore the logical entity to blame for the entire mess (whether or not it was actually true).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies