Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2015, 04:55 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't flatter yourself.

I don't want your protection. Actually, I'd prefer it if y'all STHU about religion.
You wouldn't say that to a Muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 05:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
You wouldn't say that to a Muslim.
Why? You think I have any more respect for Islam than I do for Christianity?

Here's a hint: I don't.

The difference is that I have more history with one and none with the other. Enough history to teach me to jettison it as any basis to live by.

Maybe if its adherents weren't so phony and disengenous, my experience might have been better although I still would've dumped it.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:42 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Question Why France

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Living in France, for starters.
Like most countries today France has their own particular challenges with immigration but most notably the January 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris. Which, of course is not indicative in and of itself of what bodes for their future but nonetheless and again...why France?

France, Islam, terrorism and the challenges of integration: Research roundup

The June 26, 2015, terrorist attack on an American-owned chemical factory in Lyon, France, has again raised concerns across French society about jihadist violence and ISIS-inspired domestic terrorism.

It comes in the wake of the January attacks in Paris, in which 12 people were murdered at the satirical news outlet Charlie Hebdo, including four journalists and two police officers, and then the killing of a policewoman and four hostages at a Kosher supermarket.

By law the French government is prohibited from asking about or keeping data on its citizens’ race and religion. A 2015 report from the Pew Research Center indicates that 7.5% of French residents are of Muslim descent, but does not indicate their degree of religiosity, however, a 2007 Brookings Institution book, Integrating Islam, estimated there were 5 million French residents of Muslim heritage, approximately 7.8% of the country’s population at that time (64.1 million).

France, Islam, terrorism and the challenges of integration: Research roundup - Journalist's Resource Journalist's Resource

I think the future can best be summed up by Bob Dylan. Like it or not...

For the times they are a-changin'

[vimeo]93130150[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/93130150

Old 10-29-2015, 05:50 PM

254 posts, read 145,916 times
There will be very little integration, segregation and violence is the outcome of all this.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:54 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
If this is the lifestyle they (refugees) want, WHY DO THEY LEAVE THEIR COUNTRIES????

I will never, ever understand this.

I never thought I would ever say this, but poor Germany.
The US is next when they get their visas and obuma allows 100,00 to 200,000 ofe these peace loving refugees to enter the US

Old 10-29-2015, 06:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
An interesting point about Germay.

The refugee kids are not put directly into the school system.
They have to go to a language immersion school and are there for about a year so they can learn German.
They they are put into the German schools after they have learned the language.

That should be something the US does; an immersion school where they learn English before they get into the K-12 system.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:41 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
These same people are taking over certain parts of Paris. They make no attempt to become French and simply want to continue with their old ways. They live in neighborhoods with majority of them being from the same place.

It's like me moving to Germany and wanting Starbucks, Applebees, and buying a F250 with a confederate flag on the back. Why even bother?

Old 10-29-2015, 08:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Leftists are in total denial about the destruction of their leftist historical themepark that is occurring. Even a country as rich and productive as Germany will be destroyed by this.

The question is: who set this off? Syrians have been living in refugee camps for several years now without a mass exodus like we're seeing today. Merkel made it worse, but someone else set it off.
Your post made me curious, so I had to look up a few things and you're right. Some one has to be at the bottom of all of this, because who in their right mind would leave this: Life inside Syrian refugee camps by way of this: Couple Spends Millions To Save Migrants In The Mediterranean : Parallels : NPR for this: Germany: 800,000 refugees - and then what? - Al Jazeera English

Was it a tweet heard around the world? Obscure German tweet helped spur migrant march from Hungary « Hot Air Headlines

However, people who risk their lives to migrate in, they also risk their lives again and return home. People are looking for a future and when they do not find that future they go home. Life is so miserable for Syrian refugees that thousands are returning home to a war zone

The link I give here is just one article on the mass exodus home again. People are so scared to give a hand out, they won't even give a hand up. That's just sad.

I find myself amazed at what one person will do to another human being and how little one is willing to share. Demoralized, Syrian refugees return home | Middle East | DW.COM | 17.11.2014

Edit: “There’s no future in Syria, in Syria there is only death,” she said. “But it’s better to die in Syria than to live here in the dirt.”

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 10-29-2015 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: add quote

Old 10-29-2015, 08:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philkirkham View Post
Just wondering how many of the posters on this thread have ever been or lived in Europe...

In the late 1960's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies