Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 01:23 AM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times

Advertisements

For someone who claims that "over there" (wherever that may be, usually the ME
) is none of our concern you sure show a lot of concern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 01:52 AM

27,118 posts, read 15,295,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Why is there this weird assumption that every single Muslim is in on some conspiracy to make everyone in the world Muslim? Yeah, the Koran says to do that, but it says a lot of ****. Just like the Bible. I mean, Christians don't follow the Bible to that extreme of an extent. Fun fact, Jesus literally says in the Book of Mathew to never take an oath on anything, yet Christians do that all the time. Or a better example: in John it basically says to never associate with non-believers, which is literally impossible given how many people takes oaths.

Does it really make sense to assume Muslims are different and do follow every little thing in the Koran? The Koran is just as poorly written as the Bible. Few people are going to actually regularly read this thing in anyway outside of passages at worship time. The vast majority will hear these things out of context, be vaguely inspired, and go about their day.

Yes, Islam is a crazy religion. But that doesn't mean every single one of it's followers is a deranged sociopath out to make everything Muslim. That's simply not plausible.

And maybe if western powers didn't work so hard to **** up their home, they wouldn't be immigrating?

..........but there are too many crazies.

Old 11-03-2015, 03:49 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,431,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Atheist ARE smarter than most people though.

Sorry.
Smart people don't need to say that they are smart.

But atheists, leftists and liberals never fail to claim that atheists, leftists and liberals are smart.

Which shows that they are not smart at all.

They just think they are.

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-03-2015 at 04:04 AM..

Old 11-03-2015, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
You're either unintentionally wrong or are lying. Judaism is mostly a race (beta Israel does not practice Rabbinic Judaism nor are they accepted or mixed widely into the greater group), definitely an ethnicity, an optional political identity, and an optional religion.
I agree with most of what you're saying this thread, but here we have to differ.

Judaism is not a race, because whites, blacks, Asians, Hispanics, and mixed-race people are practicing Jews.

For the same reason, it is not an ethnicity.

I don't even know what you mean by calling it a political identity or optional religion. By those standards, anyone can claim to be a Jew.

Judaism is a religion. That is all it is.

The original "tribe" of Jewish people all practiced the Jewish religion.

If you don't practice the religion, you are not a Jew.

Quote:
There are tens if not hundreds of thousands of atheist Jews, with all the rights and privileges of religious Jews. They accept themselves as Jews, other Jews accept them as Jews, and they have the right to Aliyah and marriage in Israel as they are accepted as Jews by the Rabbinic Authority in Israel. Thus, Judaism is not primarily a religion. This is not a controversial statement. These are the facts as professed by the Orthodox Rabbinate.
You should know by now that I don't care what other people say. I only go with what makes sense.

The most eminent Rabbi in the world could disagree with me. Doesn't matter. Logic and facts are what matters. All else is politics and self-serving agendas.

Logic: You cannot be a member of a religion if you don't believe in and practice that religion.

Fact: The original Jews all believed in and practiced the Jewish religion.

Logic: There is no good reason to consider anyone who doesn't believe in and practice Judaism a Jew. There are only reasons of convenience.

Quote:
In fact, born atheist Jews have a higher status than Orthodox converts (as you know, the only halakhic conversion is Orthodox) whose conversions are often reneged for not maintaining a high enough standard of Orthodox practice after conversion. This is all open knowledge discussed and agreed upon by the Orthodox. Only ignorant people or people who think that they are being tricky by obscuring open and widely agreed upon facts would state otherwise. Jews have been granted Israeli citizenship based solely on DNA testing. There is no religious requirement for born Jews, and a sociopolitically meaningful conversion is almost impossible for most people due to the time involved, the dissuasion, and the requirement to keep Orthodox for life. Religions do not count atheists as members, nor do they promote different lifelong standards and status for people born into it and for converts.
See what I said above.

Last edited by dechatelet; 11-03-2015 at 04:15 AM..

Old 11-03-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
My my, the memory of liberals is short. Its always ONE incident until the next ONE incident. 9/11 was ONE incident, Rotherham was ONE incident (well, thousands of rapes to be honest), this was ONE incident, etc...

And this was the most Barbaric ONE incident in peace-time in the history of the modern West, if we are not going to use victim numbers as a standard. Chopping the head off of a young soldier on a civilian street in the capital city deserves the West's full and continued attention on the problem until it is eradicated. Anything less, like your ONE incident propaganda, points to a serious pathology in the social milieu.
Well said!

Old 11-03-2015, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...what's it to you? It ain't your country. Who in Germany elected you to right all the wrongs?
So he/she isn't allowed to have an opinion, but you are?

Old 11-03-2015, 04:17 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,469 times
Nope, no chance.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:40 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Smart people don't need to say that they are smart.

But atheists, leftists and liberals never fail to claim that atheists, leftists and liberals are smart.

Which shows that they are not smart at all.

They just think they are.
I get a kick out of atheists and their little theories that discount the existence of God, like it really matters.

Like the theory of evolution. So if I stand in one spot long enough the iron ore in the ground will evolve itself into steel and then a Cadillac Coupe Deville will just grow out of the ground.

And then consider a human being is about 100,000X more complex. Atheism is the height of ignorance because as it says in the Bible "you have eyes but you will not see, you have ears but you will not hear"

Same old same old. In the end, it doesn't matter at all. We are alll on the same journey and unlike many of my Catholic brothers, I do not believe that people go to hell unless they are truly bad people. And you don't have to go to church and have communion every week either. I think just live a good life and try to do good for others. But Atheism? Pretty inconsequential. Let them think they have it figured out.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:10 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,330 times
Quote:
How is it crap?

I experienced 9/11 while traveling in Amsterdam. After I first heard the news, I walked into a café to watch it on television just as the second airplane slammed into its building. The Muslim occupants of the place, to include the bartender, erupted in loud cheers. This occurred in a central neighborhood in Amsterdam, Netherlands. That was fourteen years ago.

You people will implement the same denial strategy until the continent is overrun. It is also used in the United States, and has been since the 1960's. It's entirely too late for this same propaganda technique to be useful for you. Try another.
I think it's crap because Europe is not turning into a Caliphate, people aren't being stopped in the street and being called infidel and my daughter isn't, and never will be, forced to wear a burqa. When I'm forced to take a prayer mat to work and pray to Allah 5 times a day then I'll return here and admit you were right. Aliens landing and taking over is more likely though.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2015 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: off topic/not helpful

Old 11-03-2015, 07:12 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I get a kick out of atheists and their little theories that discount the existence of God, like it really matters.

Like the theory of evolution. So if I stand in one spot long enough the iron ore in the ground will evolve itself into steel and then a Cadillac Coupe Deville will just grow out of the ground.

And then consider a human being is about 100,000X more complex. Atheism is the height of ignorance because as it says in the Bible "you have eyes but you will not see, you have ears but you will not hear"

Same old same old. In the end, it doesn't matter at all. We are alll on the same journey and unlike many of my Catholic brothers, I do not believe that people go to hell unless they are truly bad people. And you don't have to go to church and have communion every week either. I think just live a good life and try to do good for others. But Atheism? Pretty inconsequential. Let them think they have it figured out.

Amen to that! It's how I roll too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies