Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:30 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Those services are not funded by the government, they are funded by me, you and everyone else. When I have an option to opt out of paying for those services and still use them then you can complain.
Exactly! Most programs are funded by our own tax contributions including Medicare and SS.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we dont hate the government, we recognize that some government is necessary for running the country. what we hate is government over reach, and government that does not do their jobs.
I fully understand and agree with this argument of some conservatives, not all.

There are some conservatives who honestly just dislike government. Im not talking about the sovereign citizen types, im talking about people who cant be satisfied and just dislike government and there are people on this forum who talk like that.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:34 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Could right-wingers explain why they hate the government when they yet still use their services funded and run by them (public roads, public library, police, fire, city parks, public schools, social security, airports, etc.)?
What are you suggesting they do?

Not utilize the services their tax dollars fund out of spite?

Old 10-24-2015, 06:39 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Could right-wingers explain why they hate the government when they yet still use their services funded and run by them (public roads, public library, police, fire, city parks, public schools, social security, airports, etc.)?
Right wingers don't hate the government they are part of it.Roads fall into many catagories for example my town is all dirt roads and we have no federal welfare to change that. Our library is locally funded no federal welfare.Our Marshall office is funded by us no welfare,Our fire and ambulance is 100% volenteers and supported by a 25 dollar per year contribution from each household. We fund our own parks,schools etc the only time the feds dangle money is with strings attached.No Thanks. SS I paid into for 50 years it aint yours to talk about

Old 10-24-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Those services are not funded by the government, they are funded by me, you and everyone else. When I have an option to opt out of paying for those services and still use them then you can complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! Most programs are funded by our own tax contributions including Medicare and SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
What are you suggesting they do?

Not utilize the services their tax dollars fund out of spite?
None of these post actually answers the Op's question of dislike of government in and of itself.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:41 PM

513 posts, read 580,863 times
Quote:
You mentioned SS and medicare, where is the check box to opt out of this service?
LWNJs only think you should be able to opt out of receiving them, certainly not paying for them

Old 10-24-2015, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but their comments were even more hateful and nasty than they claim the so-called right wingers are. I was completely disgusted at them. They should seek counseling for their own hatred and hypocricies. There are a lot of things right with our government and many that are not. It is what is wrong with it that we oppose. Even many sane and rational lefties would agree.

These same nasty people sure don't mind our taxes going to support illegal aliens though. They sure do complain a lot themselves about our government when there is a Republican in the White House and a GOP controlled congress. Such hypocrites!
The post is also a deflection.

Complaining about government in and of itself =/= Complaining about the leadership with in government.

one is the equivalent of saying I dont like cars, so i will ride a bike, where as the other is saying I would rather have an automatic than a stick.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:52 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
The feds which produce nothing pay for nothing they steal from working people. We are no longer a gov of the people by the people we let that slip away decades ago with johnsons great society welfare for all who can or can get help filling out the forms

Old 10-24-2015, 06:52 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
None of these post actually answers the Op's question of dislike of government in and of itself.
When someone complains about the war in Iraq do they hate the government? The OP's assertion is irrelevant.

Old 10-24-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
When someone complains about the war in Iraq do they hate the government? The OP's assertion is irrelevant.
The OP gave specific examples so i would say his argument is more in line with speaking of those who dislike the government allowing people to use food stamps, section 8, or TANF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies