Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 09:52 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, you cant.

Benghazi was Republicans playing politics with a tragedy. The only people I can blame for that are them.(and Im not even talking about Trey Gowdy)

and the IRS scandal was political as well.

Yep, Dems using a government agency for political gain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I'm not saying the White House was involved but an organization of the government acting in such a partisan manner greatly concerns me. There have been no impeachment issues in the Obama administration.

I do not really trust the DOJ to be non-partisan anymore than congress.
That didnt happen and that is why the IRS scandal isnt a scandal.

You dont have to listen to me, my argument is for you to do your own research and simply use neutral sources.

The IRS created a list of words that would automatically trigger more scrutiny. "occupy","progressive" "equality" were all on that list. They didnt go after just Republicans, they went after everyone.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:01 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,849,216 times
An American president will never be impeached no matter what he or she may do. Imagine what the rest of the world would think? It would be a 'PR' nightmare. It was funny hearing/reading the DEMs complain about the REPs during the Benghazi hearings and the REPs hoping that HRC is caught red handed. It was a partisan effort to not ask more questions than necessary. "I'll scratch your back and you scratch mine."

Propaganda at its best.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Yep, Dems using a government agency for political gain.
No it wasnt. If you would like me to, I can explain why that is a falsehood.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:28 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,385,415 times
Obama would veto the articles of impeachment, and then blame Bush.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:53 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Obama would veto the articles of impeachment, and then blame Bush.
I hope you're joking.

The president has no power in an impeachment proceeding.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:21 AM

919 posts, read 789,744 times
Quote:
I hope you're joking.
I don't know if he's joking or not but I'm getting about done with this sort of discussion. IRS scandal? You've got to be kidding me. How bout you on the right, instead of hating on the rest of us, get yourself an agenda for this country. Instead of scandals and impeachment threats how bout working with us to get some things done?

Oh, and news flash for the original poster, the last time we had a Democrat as president, he was impeached.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:27 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Honest answer no.

I personally believe that republicans have made the political sphere so polarized that a Democrat could legitimately do something wrong but enough of the nation would see it as a stunt that the sitting Democrat could ride the storm.

And If it was a Republican in the White House, they could do the same because enough on their side would see it as the Democrats just trying to get their guy out of office.

But we dont even need to take this up to the impeachment level.

Where was the coverage of the VA Scandal after the first couple of weeks ?????????

Republicans are terrified they might alienate someone and are in this matter, as they are in all things, a non-issue.

The real political war is between Democrats (plus a few RINOs) and tax payers.

Democrats, as they have come to exist over the past several decades, are completely alienated from net tax payers as Democrats are in the business of buying votes with money taken from tax payers.

And since you cannot bribe someone with their own money, its an all or nothing arrangement with Democrats and recipients on one side and politically unrepresented hard-working tax payers on the other side.

In other words, there can be no love between a Democrat and a tax payer......ever.

Old 10-25-2015, 12:36 AM

919 posts, read 789,744 times
Quote:
In other words, there can be no love between a Democrat and a tax payer......ever.
I think that's it

Old 10-25-2015, 10:17 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Honest answer no.

I personally believe that republicans have made the political sphere so polarized that a Democrat could legitimately do something wrong but enough of the nation would see it as a stunt that the sitting Democrat could ride the storm.

And If it was a Republican in the White House, they could do the same because enough on their side would see it as the Democrats just trying to get their guy out of office.

But we dont even need to take this up to the impeachment level.

Where was the coverage of the VA Scandal after the first couple of weeks ?????????
Honest answer no.

I personally believe that the dems political sphere so IS polarized THEY would NEVER impeach one of their own no MATTER WHAT THEY DID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies