Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:30 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Ill be with my wife FML...

Good, you'll both have a great time, enjoy

Co-worker and girlfriend just got back from a 2 week driving trip around Germany, visited a BMW factory and said it was the best vacation they'd had
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 09:36 AM

369 posts, read 193,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Germans are everywhere else in the world but Germany- the gals marry every GI possible to get out of there.
What the heck have you been smoking?

Old 11-04-2015, 10:30 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Just one story from Germany: I'm an Israeli that have a very middle eastern look and I was living in Belgium for years. One evening I was coming back to Liege from Koln on a train, and 5 skinheads came at me in a very intimidating way and started to say some stuff about Arabs and Muslims. When I told them that I'm Israeli they said O, ok, and offered me a beer.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:34 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,339,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If they want to leave, they can just get on the plane and leave. The average German gal makes way more money than an average GI rotating through a base in Germany.
As I understand it a German mother would not be happy if her daughter married an American GI.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:49 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...unreal. The ignorance is astounding.

If this country was to turn into ANYTHING like Germany, we'd be a far better country than we are now. And that's an understatement.

One more "I would if I could" vote for Merkle.
Barry was more entering her phone for tips.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:24 AM

1,248 posts, read 823,835 times
Quote:
Please tell me , is it safe in germany still? I have a vacation planned in bavaria and berlin next may.. God only knows what will happen from now till then. I want to enjoy myself and not have to drive into a swarm of refugees and get attacked ... Please let me know because we were going to cancel the trip. I love germany but cannot risk .

Thanks!
I was in Bavaria a few months ago. It was as beautiful, peaceful and civilized as it has always been. Germany is a wonderful country, and there is no reason whatsoever to cancel your trip.

I am not German, but I have close relatives in Germany and watch the situation there closely. I think what Germans sorely lack is the will to FIGHT. But I also think they will find it when the cituation gets worse. They have found the will in the past, they can do it again.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:27 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,305 times
Quote:
Please tell me , is it safe in germany still? I have a vacation planned in bavaria and berlin next may.. God only knows what will happen from now till then. I want to enjoy myself and not have to drive into a swarm of refugees and get attacked ... Please let me know because we were going to cancel the trip. I love germany but cannot risk .

Thanks!
Oh yeah! Germany is very safe. Crime is not the problem in terms of the refugee crisis. Actually the crime from native Germans towards refugees (mostly arson to refugee shelters) is far higher than vice versa. The crime rate among refugees is far lower than the crime rate among the general population. 99% of all crimes by refugees is commited against other refugees anyway. It's always a problem when ethnic or religious groups that used to be on each others throats back in their home country have to sleep in one shelter bed to bed.

Refugees are not really visible for tourists anyway. For the most part they stay in their refugee camps and only go out to buy groceries.

The real problems could start in a few years when those that went through there asylum process and can stay can't find jobs and housing. Than frustration on both sides (the native population and the refugee population) could set in.

A problem is also that this refugee streams seems like it can't be stopped. Germany this year can take in over one million refugees but it can't do that every year. At some point the support structures for refugees in Germany will just be overwhelmed and could collapse. This could create chaos.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I wouldn't take any women folk.
Sorry to say, but it's more likely that a women would be raped in America than in Germany. A few refugees with a lower crime rate than among the native population won't change that.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What would you know about Germany or Germans? You were a guest there, you think you were a welcome guest but you weren't. You only think you were.

I have FAMILY there ok? Blood relatives and that means everything in Germany. They DO NOT accept these invaders coming in and they will deal with Merkel and they will expel these invaders when the time comes.

Crime is jumping in areas that have never seen crime before, and it's terrible crime. Rapes and murders, children being raped. Things that Germans in small villages have never seen before, never had to think about before.

You seem to worship my family's country, that's fine but don't think you really know anything about Germany because you have no clue. Stop acting like you do.
Well I have family in Germany, also. I don't hear people being raped and murdered. That only occurs among refugees. And on a lower rate than among the general population.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:43 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Where exactly did this happen? I just don't want to drive into a mob of people if I'm trying to see some mozart in salzburg.... I have faith that the germans will make the situation better , and i still cannot wait to visit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz_wLH31ghM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies