Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 03:19 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I find that there is a relationship between the left and the following:

Not understanding the sense of mystery and or secrecy.
Scandals on their watch never seem to be anything but a conservative witch hunt
Never seems to be any problem concerning social issues as it's always "nothing to see here"
Not understanding the purpose of authority and soft on crime
Welcoming arms to anyone and everyone without any sense of suspicion and or possible long term impact
Not concerned with tradition
Forcing everyone to accept what is familiary to only them without a care for others

Despite all these happening on their watch during this administration, they will somehow blame the right for forcing them to agree to their logic. What does the right have to do with allowing illegals to have state driver's licenses? What does the right have to do with not reciting the pledge of allegiance or canceling Halloween?

What am I not getting? How does any of this help the US of A?
I wouldn't even say that the accusations posted here use an overly broad and vague paint brush; they rather more closely resemble the opening salvo of an ineptly played paintball game, perhaps executed by a big batch of kindergartners.

As others have said, I really don't know what it means to "not understand *the* sense of mystery and or secrecy," (emphasis mine), and I don't get the idea that according to the left, there "never seems to be any problem concerning social issues as it's always 'nothing to see here.'"

Just to start on that last point, wouldn't it be much more accurate to say that people of different political persuasions quite understandably differ about their explanations of the causes of social problems? And, what does it mean exactly to be unconcerned with tradition, canceling Halloween (huh?), or the Pledge of Allegiance? You do realize that the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1943 (!) that people, students in particular, cannot be forced to recite the Pledge in West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette? That ruling came 11 years before the "under God" phrase was added in 1954.

It may seem like I just picked a few things here to talk about, and that would be somewhat accurate though it wouldn't take into account how I value my time, but I really didn't want to be flippant and just call this posting half-mediocre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 06:52 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I find that there is a relationship between the left and the following:

Not understanding the sense of mystery and or secrecy.
Scandals on their watch never seem to be anything but a conservative witch hunt
Never seems to be any problem concerning social issues as it's always "nothing to see here"
Not understanding the purpose of authority and soft on crime
Welcoming arms to anyone and everyone without any sense of suspicion and or possible long term impact
Not concerned with tradition
Forcing everyone to accept what is familiary to only them without a care for others

Despite all these happening on their watch during this administration, they will somehow blame the right for forcing them to agree to their logic. What does the right have to do with allowing illegals to have state driver's licenses? What does the right have to do with not reciting the pledge of allegiance or canceling Halloween?

What am I not getting? How does any of this help the US of A?
The same applies to the right wing as well. This is a symptom of breakdown, not something exclusive to any one party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies