Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 05:31 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,950,661 times

Advertisements

The ignorance of this topic isn't worth my time to read. So I will just say this.

If you don't want to own or carry a gun that is just fine. Don't. Nobody says you have to.

But don't tell me what I can do.

I promise I will not use my gun to protect you or your family, or your children, unless you ask.

I do promise to use my gun, if necessary, to defend my family, myself, my country, my constitution, and my business, lands, property, home, and my FREEDOM!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 05:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The CDC provides studies in many different areas but suddenly they attempt to study the details of gun deaths and it's politics. CDC has analyzed deaths due to cars, appliances and many other areas why not guns.
well lets look at that shall we? the CDC or center for disease control, is not about guns, cars, appliances, etc. it is about disease, hence the word disease in its title.

got a case of plague, or small pox, or ebola floating around your area? call the CDC because that is what they are tasked to take care of. got a shooter in your area? call the cops and get your gun and be ready to protect yourself. got a traffic accident in your area? call the cops and paramedics, thats their job. and neither one is the purview of the CDC.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
3 elements make a weapon useful
Possession
Training
Volition
Without all 3 it's useless
Even for soldiers and police

Old 10-27-2015, 06:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
I have a concealed carry permit. I have it for the what if. No not the what if a bad guy attacks me. I have it for the what if I am on my way home from the range and I get pulled over by a cop. My pistol is in my shooting bag. By law this is concealed. I don't want the hassle of defending myself against a concealed weapon charge. I know of at least 3 fellow shooters who have been tagged this way. One was on the way home from a gun shop. He stopped at a store and put his gun in the glove box while he went in to by a drink for the ride home. He later got pulled over for rolling a stop. Cop saw the gun in the glove box and he was tagged.
I never carry. I don't need to and wouldn't live where I felt the need to.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:14 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Even trained police officers have an issue, why do some gun owners view concealed carry as a solution to anything. We have had mass shootings where there were gun owners carrying but chose not to do anything because of the risk, good judgment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/26/op...tasy.html?_r=0

Surely, you jest.

A NYT editorial?? Give me a break.

No one licensed to carry a concealed firearm is under ANY obligation to use that weapon to protect others in the event of a mass shooting. If you, or an evildoer, care to think that we won't use it to protect ourselves in such an encounter, go ahead.

P. S. You're not getting our guns.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I have a concealed carry permit. I have it for
the what if. No not the what if a bad guy attacks me. I have it for the what
if I am on my way home from the range and I get pulled over by a cop. My pistol
is in my shooting bag. By law this is concealed. I don't want the hassle of
defending myself against a concealed weapon charge. I know of at least 3 fellow
shooters who have been tagged this way. One was on the way home from a gun
shop. He stopped at a store and put his gun in the glove box while he went in
to by a drink for the ride home. He later got pulled over for rolling a stop.
Cop saw the gun in the glove box and he was tagged.
Where do you live..... New Jersey?

Unless you live somewhere like that, you wouldn't have to worry, as long as the gun were in the trunk and the ammo in the glove box.
Quote:
I don't need to and wouldn't live where I felt the need to.
Always an amusing comment.

Hey, why don't you guys who "know" where the criminals and crazies don't go, draw up a map for the rest of us.... Then we can do away with concealed carry altogether. We can get rid of the law enforcement profession as well. There won't be any need for that kind of service once we all know where the seemingly invisible boundaries that criminals can't cross are.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:41 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
well lets look at that shall we? the CDC or center for disease control, is not about guns, cars, appliances, etc. it is about disease, hence the word disease in its title.

got a case of plague, or small pox, or ebola floating around your area? call the CDC because that is what they are tasked to take care of. got a shooter in your area? call the cops and get your gun and be ready to protect yourself. got a traffic accident in your area? call the cops and paramedics, thats their job. and neither one is the purview of the CDC.
Deaths in swimming pools, cars, appliances are not diseases but when it comes to guns we hear "it's not a disease". Their studies have provided great information in many areas, why not guns, what's the harm?

Old 10-28-2015, 04:48 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Deaths in swimming pools, cars, appliances are not diseases but when it comes to guns we hear "it's not a disease". Their studies have provided great information in many areas, why not guns, what's the harm?
Why? Because you and your ilk fail to realize or even speak about he FBI stats that contradict everything you and your ilk say about the evil black rifle.....we can start there, if you would like....

Shall we move to "blunt objects"? We can if you would like and compare that to the evil black rifle....

Old 10-28-2015, 05:01 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
The harm is that guns are political and everyone has an agenda. Having an agenda is ok, but not when it's my tax dollars funding it.

Conduct all the privately funded studies on guns you want.

Old 10-28-2015, 05:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Where do you live..... New Jersey?

Unless you live somewhere like that, you wouldn't have to worry, as long as the gun were in the trunk and the ammo in the glove box.

Always an amusing comment.

Hey, why don't you guys who "know" where the criminals and crazies don't go, draw up a map for the rest of us.... Then we can do away with concealed carry altogether. We can get rid of the law enforcement profession as well. There won't be any need for that kind of service once we all know where the seemingly invisible boundaries that criminals can't cross are.
There is no 100%. Criminals can be found anywhere this is true. That said you can live where there are less of them. Let's face facts you are much less likely to run into a mugger in the sticks than you are in Jersey city or Chicago, Atlanta or Baltimore.
Many of my friends carry. To each their own, but if you ask them why they say because they can. Not because they fear the criminal.
People who fear criminals every where they go? Maybe they should get help or move to a less crime prone area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies