Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 09:44 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times

Advertisements

I just feel that the cop should have taken her phone and smashed it! That's what generated the original offense.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:46 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
watch the video in slow motion....even CNN who is not PRO Police analyze the video and she threw a punch at him.

how do you allow the situation to "de-escalate" to let her get away in disrupting the class?.how much TALK do you want until physical action is required?....30 minutes? 1 hour???? the whole school period???? ...then any student will do the same to get back at the teachers and waste everybody's time.

his ego?????? that's your bias opinion.....his tactic took control of the situation quick and didn't let any room to escalate by the student kicking or punching him....she wasn't leaving the classroom peacefully......not even John Kerry could have negotiate with the student.
The problem is when people are not experts, they still think they can speak on terms

Nobody is saying he shouldn't have put hands on her. This goes to show the limited experience people have. It is not limited to discussion. She hit so now he can put hands. but flinging is an aggressive action.

All he had to do is clear the room and have the teacher remain. This way he would be able to conduct his detainment without the presence of others and risking injury to them. His actions could have caused other students to jump him.

officer safety is paramount and he blacked out. this scenario is not what you will learn on CNN or the academy...

Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
The young man taking the video supports the cop. I hope she leans something other than what crap Sharpton and Co. will teach her and becomes a nurse, doctor or Indian Chief when she leaves school. Do you black activists think we crackers only want young stupid black people in our society? What is misplaced defiance really going to get her?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:47 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
i hear what you are saying.

Here is what he should have done- and this is between you and me.

Just like any other investigation, you tell everyone to leave the room "for their safety" except for the teacher

ok, that's a good option...........I have no problem with that.

maybe the school can make better procedures when this stuff happens.....but the other students are the losers. They lost their time with this reality show.....its a no win situation, damn if you do something about it and damn if you don't.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Originally Posted by tinytrump
the cop went nuts -but I have to ask why be so defiant- why? If people tell you to leave why not? some of these cases there is this "I AM NOT moving -I am not listening -talk to the hand - I don't hear you attitude, why ? -- and honestly and I don't get it? Someone who understand the "why" with out the stupid remarks -- why do the people freeze up? is it fear? anyone understand it- it's creating a really huge problem for all concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I take it you've never raised a teenager.
I've raised three, and NONE OF THEM, with all their adolescent issues, would have never acted out in their class like this girl... let alone start hitting the cop as he tried to unseat them.

If people keep defending how these kids are acting we are going to raise a bunch of anarchists. They believe they can do as they please whenever they please and if someone tries to stop them they'll simply play victim, someone will get hurt, or worse.

It has become ridiculous at the very least.

Quote:
His actions could have caused other students to jump him.
Well alrighty then... Never once when I was in school would any student have felt compelled to "jump a cop" But then, none of us would have incited such an incident either.

Did the cop handle it correctly? NO

Who is most at fault? HER and her parents

Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
For some idiotic reason, Jessie Jackson is coming to Charlotte (100 miles from Columbia and in NC) to make a speech or something against this cop.

Race hucksters are out in full force over this one.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:50 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
ok, that's a good option...........I have no problem with that.

maybe the school can make better procedures when this stuff happens.....but the other students are the losers. They lost their time with this reality show.....its a no win situation, damn if you do something about it and damn if you don't.
Nobody is saying that nothing should have been done.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:53 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The officer is always there. That's his job....to be there. It's the trend in many (if not most) school systems now and IMO it should be stopped.
Do you work in one of these schools?
The teachers and educators ASK for the cops to be there.

The black teacher told the student (we never did find out what the "disruption" was did we?) to leave, get up, put away her phone. She did not.
The black teacher supervisor came in and told the student to leave, get up, put away her phone. She did not.
The black administrator came in and told the student to leave, get up, put away her phone. She did not.

Then the three black teachers and administrators, finding nothing else they could do to stop the disruption and probably sitting at between 10 and 20 minutes of classroom disruption for one entitled little **** called in the police. Now it's not a teacher or administrator problem, it has escalated into a law enforcement problem.

The teachers and administrator want the cops there, because of this very scenario.

The cops job however is to handle situation with the least amount of force applicable. He should have cleared the other students out. I'm more worried about the girl working on her laptop behind the special one, she's just trying to get her work done and can't do it because little miss perfect doesn't follow the rules.

The girl is a fault. The cop should have been more careful but the ultimate responsibility rests with the girl. She defied the black teachers authority, the black supervisors authority, and the black administrators authority.

Cops don't take ****, if its one thing we learn its that you better do what a cop tells you whether you agree with it or not.

Well, some cultures get it. Some don't.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:54 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Higher standard? Why don't you just say more white cops.
are you saying black cops cant get the higher education?
That's ridiculous...

cops are not psychologists...they are there for a reason...enforcement

Old 10-28-2015, 09:56 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
The problem is when people are not experts, they still think they can speak on terms

Nobody is saying he shouldn't have put hands on her. This goes to show the limited experience people have. It is not limited to discussion. She hit so now he can put hands. but flinging is an aggressive action.
She clung to her desk out of fear.

When her desk was flipped, she grabbed for the remaining stable structure, the cop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies