Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 04:08 PM

35,662 posts, read 21,025,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Translation ?
Please again I say educate yourself on the facts. The cop is involved in in a lawsuit for the same issue with another teen before this happened.
So come down from the trees and see what is really going on.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:09 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
But nonetheless, internet experts will say it was the media pressure.
A "Bat" could see that he was fired because of Media pressure. "She got what she deserved" is not an emotional response. Its fact. (or educational)

Old 11-01-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And you were there? None of us has seen the complete video and don't know what happened leading up to the incident.
Do you not think they got witness statement before firing that dude?? Get real.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:13 PM

16,909 posts, read 10,580,649 times
It's a shame the officer was fired for doing his job. Apparently, we need to let a disruptive woman prevent all of the other kids from learning if she decides she does not want to leave class. Why did she have a phone in the first place? As we have seen, the people really affected by the decision to fire him (the students) are very upset about it.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
people live in trees i swear it-- he has been known to to this before--he had FAME hello
How many Cops have you seen that never touched anyone? All that other crap the Media came up with and that your "Parroting" about prior cases is bull. Go read them yourself.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In Texas, some people in power are trying to get a law passed, making it illegal to record an officer. Makes me wonder why.

As for child vs officer, this is what I see. One camp is one the side of the officer. The other camp is on the side of the child. This is my assessment of this situation. I believe that many who side with the officer are doing so because of a fear of Blacks. Many that side with the child are doing so because of their fear of police, and to a certain extent, anger.

In my opinion, very little is decided based on what is right and what is wrong. I'm wondering how many people believe along the lines of "Black people need to be handled rougher".
You forgot one side. Very concerned parents who abolished the corporal punishment years ago because of overreach and now they can be slammed dunked??

Old 11-01-2015, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So come down from the trees and see what is really going on.
Why are you suggesting that folks who disagree with you are Monkeys? Is that all you have?

Old 11-01-2015, 04:24 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,308,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
This beautiful young girl obviously has some problems at home. Her parents failed her in some way. Centuries of racism have negatively impacted her in a major way. She needs help, love, attention, care, guidance. She could easily become a doctor or lawyer, if her needs are addressed properly. If she was being disruptive to the class, the teacher should've notified someone in her family, who had the power to make her comply and leave the classroom. Stripping her of her dignity like this, embarrassing her in front of her classmates, brutally battering the poor girl in that manner, was completely unnecessary and barbaric. IMO, it only makes matters worse for her, further aggravates and intensifies the dysfunction that she is struggling with. This was completely mishandled, and it is absolutely shameful.

This beautiful young girl is screaming for help, not challenging to be abused, beaten, and ridiculed in front of her classmates. This disgusts me. The cop should be fired and charged, since he exceeded the scope of his authority and exercised poor judgment. He appears to have serious problems as well, and obviously needs professional help. The policies of the school need review, since this poor girl's call for help was mistakenly interpreted as a challenge requiring physical abuse by law enforcement and ridicule.

The damage done to her is likely irreparable. I hope she sues, and recovers $50 million+.

I sure hope this post was a joke on your part, this "girl" should be kicked out of school.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Translation ?
He is suggesting that if you disagree with him your a Monkey, from what I gather. Twice so far...

Old 11-01-2015, 04:27 PM

Never said thatI said come down from the trees- which is a metaphor for : you are too far away to see the situation . But you made a point of how folks twist things. Thanks

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.