Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 01:07 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Cops should refuse to respond to school discipline problems unless a weapon is involved. The teacher should have taken the class and walked out on her.
Unless there has potentially been a law broken...I would say.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:18 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Here's another one we often hear - any form of physical contact = beaten up. I've even heard some referring to popping a kid on the butt as beating them up. I guess these schools should be hiring negotiators to make deals for compliance.
Officer put his arm around her neck and she was flipped backwards while in her desk. She could have ended up with a serious injury. All for refusing to give her up her phone.

All of you on this thread who say you would have welcomed the officer's violent (yes, flipping her over and dragging her across the room IS violent) intervention, if your child had behaved in the same manner are full of manure. If your 16 year old daughter had been tossed around in a public school classroom by a large man with the approval of the principal and a teacher, you'd want all of their jobs.

The only reason for putting hands on a student is if the student is out of control and needs to be physically subdued.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
If she had attempted to comply, by standing and walking out, she would have been beaten and charged with assault. Or, she would have been charged with unauthorized absenteeism.

The charge against her, prior to the cop arriving, being disruptive, was a false charge by the teacher.

No one in the class had been disrupted, including the teacher.

The teacher, however, did incite a major classroom disruption.

The teacher, the principle and the cop were, and most probably are, incompetent.
We know what happened prior to the video via classmate Tony Robinson. The girl was doing her work, she was disturbing no one.

I agree with your conclusion.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
The girl started it. School officials couldnt handle her, they called the cop.. Stuff happens, she hit him during the arrest. Expel her. Reinstate him after fair IA investigation... Getting arrested doesnt always go according to plan when you arent civil. SHe was not civil..
She slapped at him, after his hands were on her neck.

You know why he would not have done that to me..... He has no clue if I'm packing heat or not... Remember Travon, didn't know Zimmerman had a gun, either. Look where that got him.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
You really believe one of her friends is going to say what REALLY happen, he would have the **** kicked out of him later.
No one - student or school staff - has contradicted this student's accounting. You have no reason to call him a liar.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
She slapped at him, after his hands were on her neck.

You know why he would not have done that to me..... He has no clue if I'm packing heat or not... Remember Travon, didn't know Zimmerman had a gun, either. Look where that got him.
Just like the police should not be patrolling the halls of schools, mentally unstable people shouldn't be "patrolling" neighborhoods harassing people walking home.

That's all I will say on that as I'm sure any further discussion would get this closed.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:45 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just like the police should not be patrolling the halls of schools, mentally unstable people shouldn't be "patrolling" neighborhoods harassing people walking home.

That's all I will say on that as I'm sure any further discussion would get this closed.
I don't have a developed opinion on whether or not police should be in schools. However, I wonder how much being said is related to siege mentality.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:53 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
We know what happened prior to the video via classmate Tony Robinson. The girl was doing her work, she was disturbing no one.

I agree with your conclusion.
Of course she disturbed the class, your head would have to be buried in the sand to not see that, she was confronted by a teacher for disturbing the class by talking on her phone, she was asked to give up the phone which she would not do, she was asked to leave which she refused to do, an admin. was called to the room and asked her to leave which she would not do and then a cop was called to the room to move her. Unbelievable so people think she was just doing her work and a teacher singled her out for no reason and then had an admin. and cop join in the fun. WOW

Old 11-02-2015, 01:59 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Of course she disturbed the class, your head would have to be buried in the sand to not see that, she was confronted by a teacher for disturbing the class by talking on her phone, she was asked to give up the phone which she would not do, she was asked to leave which she refused to do, an admin. was called to the room and asked her to leave which she would not do and then a cop was called to the room to move her. Unbelievable.
That teacher was looking for trouble, and I think it found it.

If a teacher feels a need to escalate, he, she or it should ask permission and do it outside of the classroom to avoid disrupting the class.

Old 11-02-2015, 02:00 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,058,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Of course she disturbed the class, your head would have to be buried in the sand to not see that, she was confronted by a teacher for disturbing the class by talking on her phone, she was asked to give up the phone which she would not do, she was asked to leave which she refused to do, an admin. was called to the room and asked her to leave which she would not do and then a cop was called to the room to move her. Unbelievable.
She had her phone OUT on the table, she was not talking on it. Unbelievable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies