Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2015, 06:03 PM

169 posts, read 168,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRoad View Post
Now, it's been told that she even punched that cop; okay what did she expect the outcome to be?
she took a swing after he grabbed her around the neck....

i mean, grrr.....it's ridiculous. he's doing an MMA takedown on a teenage girl...there had to be a better way.

but given the stone face reaction of everyone in the room (including the BLACK TEACHER) ....i dont know

Old 10-27-2015, 06:06 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,638,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
While you can argue that this cop perhaps went abit overboard in the use of force, why is it most incidents like these that involve blacks it usually includes them not following some sort of rule or law and/or not obeying the orders of authority figures? Why do so many blacks seem to think that they can do whatever THEY want whenever THEY want with no regard to anyone else or any rules? And then if you should god forbid tell them to stop they get angry and start pulling out the race card and say you're treating them differently than other people.

Do blacks EVER consider that often the reason why they're being treated differently is because they BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY than most other civilized people? That most other people usually respect authority of all kinds and for the most part CHOOSE to behave and follow the rules and laws as set out in society? But for too many blacks this just seems to be too difficult a task to do or else they simply feel that they're above the law and that following rules is optional rather than mandatory.
Not having met every single black American as you seem to have, I couldn't tell you why some of them behave the way they do anymore than I can tell you why any person of any race behaves the way they do. Individuals choose to behave a certain way based on their home training, experiences, lack of education, economic status, mental condition etc., none of which is governed by the color of their skin.

What about the millions of middle class, upper class and wealthy blacks in this country? Blacks who are no different than you and I in the way they live their lives and behave? Let's just concentrate on those who don't and blame it on their race. "Pulling out the race card," you say - yet it is you who is whining about how some black people choose to behave and insinuating that it is due to the color of their skin. Blacks do get treated differently and there is no use in lying or putting your head in the sand about it.

I wouldn't be black in this country for anything in the world - not because I think they are "different" or inferior, but because they are perceived as such. Why do most incidents of this nature involve blacks you ask? Because when people of other races misbehave, they are usually treated like citizens and it isn't plastered all over the news. Whatever they do, it won't be attributed to their race but with black people, it always is.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 10-27-2015 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 10-27-2015, 06:09 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
We can go on and on with this. What probably will happen is this cop will be fired. His career is over and he will never be able to find a job in law enforcement again. The family will sue the SD and the City. Probably settle for a few hundred grand. She will be rewarded for her bad behavior and he will be fired for his.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:10 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Fox is reporting there are 3 videos and one shows the girl punched the officer which appears to have triggered his reaction.

DOJ and FBI have been called in.

The whole deal started because girl chose to use her cell phone in class and refused to stop or leave the class.
Your reading was in error. The article said:
Quote:
Lott pointed out at a news conference that the girl can also be seen trying to strike the officer as she was being taken down
FBI, Justice Dept to investigate video showing SC deputy tossing student to floor | Fox News

Old 10-27-2015, 06:13 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,967,545 times
Student should have had her hands brought behind her and handcuffed, then led out. But we don't know what may have enraged the cop, such as swearing at him or spitting, punching which may have sent him over the top. No excuse of course, but cops tend to be human.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
We can go on and on with this. What probably will happen is this cop will be fired. His career is over and he will never be able to find a job in law enforcement again. The family will sue the SD and the City. Probably settle for a few hundred grand. She will be rewarded for her bad behavior and he will be fired for his.
Yep.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:15 PM

168 posts, read 135,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I respect the cops and don't group them all in the same bucket when these incidents happen, but this cop used poor judgment regardless of what led up to the incident. He was physically much bigger and stronger than the girl, and he could have just lifted her up out of the chair. Slamming her to the ground the way he did was excessive. I also agree that kids need to respect authority, and if she was asked to leave earlier, she should have. However, that still doesn't excuse how the cop handled this incident.
If he had hoisted her up out of the chair she'd have kicked him in the jewels or the gut or the face, if she could. Why should he endanger himself over some punk who will never amount to anything, with her 'tude?

Old 10-27-2015, 06:18 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigan20 View Post
If he had hoisted her up out of the chair she'd have kicked him in the jewels or the gut or the face, if she could. Why should he endanger himself over some punk who will never amount to anything, with her 'tude?
If you look at the video from the other angle it looked like that was where she was aiming.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
There has a been a "shift" in society, and not a good one.
The shift in society is exactly where? Toward breaking the law, or harsh punishment for doing so?

Old 10-27-2015, 06:34 PM

168 posts, read 135,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Both sides are wrong here.
The girl should have just gotten up and exited the classroom. On the other hand, cops nowadays are OUT OF CONTROL.
We as a people need to send a message to these out of control cops that they are put on notice. Maybe if enough families of victims of police brutality and excessive force were to hold these cops accountable this crap would be greatly reduced or even end.
By holding these cops accountable I mean this: if officer so-and-so beats my son, daughter, or wife, brutally you can bet I'll find out who he is, where exactly he lives, and payback the brutality on his family. I could not let something like that slide.
These out of control cops must be stopped. That girl was a victim of excessive force. The cop did not need to get that physical with her.
Teeny-tiny font: little girl MAY have done something

Huge loud font: BUT THE COP IS ALWAYS WRONG!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies