Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 12:50 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Who was the black man at the front of the class?

Was he an administrator?

Did he call the cops?
Hard to tell, but the principal is Black.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Some of the glue that used to hold our society together is dissolving away …

Rank *in*your*face* individual-ism has replaced respect for the Commons, and along with it, respect for all authority, and hence authorities ...
That is probably true, but part of the reason is the abuse of authority or poor performance of authority.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:54 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,543,042 times
Quote:
Actually, in South Carolina it is against the law to disrupt a school.

Code of Laws - Title 16 - Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Policy

SECTION 16-17-420. Disturbing schools

(A) It shall be unlawful:

(1) for any person wilfully or unnecessarily (a) to interfere with or to disturb in any way or in any place the students or teachers of any school or college in this State
Well in Ohio we have this rule: In Ohio you are not allowed to touch a child in an institutional setting unless they are presenting imminent harm to themselves or others.

The officer is a coward. He evidently revels in beating up less than equal to his physical strength. He used his authority as a police officer to attain the right to lord over the weaker. That is what cowards do.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You nailed it.

I don't know why we don't have special classrooms for students who are not able to behave appropriate in classrooms. Often it is because they either don't know the basic material and need more intensive, self-paced tutoring to catch up.
Many schools do.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:56 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
1. I hear that about all sorts of dangerous jobs...that eventually no one will take such jobs. Nonsense. How many of our no-draft citizens have served in war zones all over the world?
The catch is, it is not the danger.

It's being under the microscope for everything one does, about being armchair quarter backed in an instant by the entire country and crucified by half of them, one's face on the wanted poster everywhere without being tried, and then thrown under the bus only to face more persecution.

Who would want to do a job like that?

People, it seems, have always second guessed, argued with the police.....and now, it is magnitudes worse.

Old 10-28-2015, 12:59 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,736,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Obviously, someone called the police. Why was that?

Since no one there seems to be bothered much by what happened, that means there is much more to the story, but lets not let dramatics get in the way of everything else.

What were the results of the trial?
schools have a resource officer that spends the day there.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Yea, you are right. Just let them do as they please in the classroom, then say I am sorry..... No, if you are caught using the phone in class it is to be confiscated, school policy. You and your parent/guardian signed the school behavior policy stating so, she knew the consequences.

Anyone defending this girl needs a reality check.
You're not paying attention. Virtually no one is excusing the student's behavior.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:05 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Just a friendly reminder -- virtually one is excusing the student's behavior.
From what i've read the student was disrespectful to the cop, however that in no way gives the cop the right to brutally assault the kid.Just another incident of cop turned thug..
Latest news story is saying the cop got fired.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:25 PM

755 posts, read 675,515 times
Quote:
You're not paying attention. Virtually no one is excusing the student's behavior.
Well that's my focus. And, if you are not excusing her, cool; but the post above is.......The whole twitter post about her dealing with issues seems like an excuse to me.

Second, if people would listen and do what they are suppose to do, then we wouldn't have this problem. I am just disgusted at the lack of respect....

No one here can tell me what the officer and school should have done? Sit there?! She was asked politely to get up on her own.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Too late, he's fired. I'm sure it was the easy thing to do.

Now let's stop and think about this for a minute...not necessarily about your posts, but about many of the posts here.

Many posts on this thread have said that authority should be respected.

Therefore, the police chief's authority and judgement should be respected here.

Period.

Or do some of those who were touting "authority", now disagree with themselves that "authority" must be respected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies