Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2015, 03:11 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You nailed it.

I don't know why we don't have special classrooms for students who are not able to behave appropriate in classrooms. Often it is because they either don't know the basic material and need more intensive, self-paced tutoring to catch up.
Some people are incapable of learning.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:13 PM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
The catch is, it is not the danger.
It's being under the microscope for everything one does, about being armchair quarter backed in an instant by the entire country and crucified by half of them, one's face on the wanted poster everywhere without being tried, and then thrown under the bus only to face more persecution.
Who would want to do a job like that?
People, it seems, have always second guessed, argued with the police.....and now, it is magnitudes worse.
tens of thousands of people apply for law enforcement jobs and will continue to do so, why? Because 95% of them will conduct themselves according to the law and will employ common sense. If by publicizing these kind of incidents we discourage the 5% who would be inclined to engage in unlawful or inappropriate behavior it's proof that filming cops works

Old 10-28-2015, 03:14 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,307,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
Are parents allowed to body slam their children whenever they don't obey their "authority" or will they be sent to jail on assault and child endangerment charges with Child Services opening a case to have the child removed from the parent's home?
Only if it's caught on video in the seconds before it happens and doesn't illustrate the full story of why it happened.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:17 PM

357 posts, read 37,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Well that's my focus. And, if you are not excusing her, cool; but the post above is.......The whole twitter post about her dealing with issues seems like an excuse to me.

Second, if people would listen and do what they are suppose to do, then we wouldn't have this problem. I am just disgusted at the lack of respect....

No one here can tell me what the officer and school should have done? Sit there?! She was asked politely to get up on her own.

Good Post, too many people using excuses these days!

Old 10-28-2015, 03:18 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Here's a novel concept: How about parents start teaching their children RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY?

If the student had done as she was told, the officer wouldn't have had to manhandle her.

I have no pity for her. What should they have done? Dismissed class for the day and hope her highness would behave better tomorrow? FAT CHANCE of that once she knew SHE was in control.

Should we allow disruptive, disrespectful children to hold education hostage to their whims? To hell with the students who are there to lear

The same goes for police.

If you do not want to be manhandled, tazered or shot, respect their authority and do as you are told.

Also, why were the police called and then an officer, who was doing his job, is now being investigated? Next time there is a shooting at a school, maybe the police will take their time to show up, because they're afraid to lose their jobs.

I was watching MSNBC last night and one of the commentators mentioned this was a racial issue. The cop is engaged to an African-American woman!

I don't think he should have thrown her across the room, however, it looks as if she punched him and was resisting arrest.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:18 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
Every thing in America is the race card now. Well actually its been that way for years. Sometimes it better to just say it like it is. This pitiful excuse for a girl in that school, needs to be kicked out. Her parents need to be looked at also, as they should be completely ashamed to raise such trash. If she was my kid she would get a lot worse at home, if I found out I was raising a garbage can like her for a child.

Fair is fair. I don't think the Police Chief that fired the policeman is being fair at all. I would not want to work for him. He took the cowards politically correct way out. The officer should not have been fired. Since he was fired. Then the teacher, the school administrator's should also be fired. They did not do their job, they put their inability to control that classroom on that officer. Asking him to remove her and then put him, in this position is wrong to begin with.

When you add it all up. What is really wrong with this. Is the students themselves across this country. Many are not functional people, they behave in a very low class trashy way and are getting away with it. I do blame the parents, I blame them for not being capable of raising kids to be proud of.

I would be completely ashamed to have this brat for a child. I think the disruption she has caused, and the officer's loss of his job because of her. Is a complete disgrace.

Old 10-28-2015, 03:19 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Here's a novel concept: How about parents start teaching their children RESPECT FOR AUTHORITY?

If the student had done as she was told, the officer wouldn't have had to manhandle her.

I have no pity for her. What should they have done? Dismissed class for the day and hope her highness would behave better tomorrow? FAT CHANCE of that once she knew SHE was in control.

Should we allow disruptive, disrespectful children to hold education hostage to their whims? To hell with the students who are there to lear

The same goes for police.

If you do not want to be manhandled, tazered or shot, respect their authority and do as you are told.
Also, why were the police called and then an officer, who was doing his job, is now being investigated? Next time there is a shooting at a school, maybe the police will be afraid to show up, because they're afraid to lose their jobs. ment on young children, but this girl was 16 and knew better than to create a scene in the classroom. The other girl who was arrested is 18.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-03-2015 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted psot and reply

Old 10-28-2015, 03:21 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Well that's my focus. And, if you are not excusing her, cool; but the post above is.......The whole twitter post about her dealing with issues seems like an excuse to me.

Second, if people would listen and do what they are suppose to do, then we wouldn't have this problem. I am just disgusted at the lack of respect....

No one here can tell me what the officer and school should have done? Sit there?! She was asked politely to get up on her own.
Bold - Hilarious. I guarantee you will not see the irony in that.

Underline - Detain her just like every other cop that does their job correctly without having to fling someone across the floor?

Old 10-28-2015, 03:24 PM

357 posts, read 37,877 times
Maybe that officer will file a lawsuit himself for being wrongly fired; signed Fed Up Wit NWA!

Old 10-28-2015, 03:26 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,921 times
The officer has had multiple complaints of being too aggressive and forceful over the past couple of years. Looks like his mistakes finally caught up to him. Good. I'm glad to hear he's been fired.

In saying this, I'm not excusing the girls behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies