Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,570,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
Unfortunately, the future has never been bright for Black Americans.
Don't imagine its very bright for her either. Handcuffed and hauled off in front of the entire class, after having her butt kicked by a Cop, and looking like a fool.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:25 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Don't imagine its very bright for her either. Handcuffed and hauled off in front of the entire class, after having her butt kicked by a Cop, and looking like a fool.
Wouldn't say it's very bright for him either. Another one added to a large, growing list of racist bigoted cops who take pleasure in physically harming blacks because they don't get enough love from home.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:26 PM

50,796 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
BS.

When I went to school, white kids were smacked on their ass with a wooden paddle, including my brother, more than once. And that was for non violent transgressions, like cutting class.

Did parents complain or intervene? Hell NO!

If anything, their child received even more punishment when they got home.

And what did this so called physical abuse do? It taught kids that there are bad consequences for negative behavior and they grew up to be law abiding, productive citizens instead of narcissists who think they are special little snowflakes who are above the law.
Annie, that's the way it was. Stop living in the past. Start living in the present when -- whether you like it or not -- things are different. Any principal or vice principal or teacher who did what you're advocating would get his butt fired so fast that he wouldn't even have time to hire a lawyer. The vast majority of parents will simply not accept that type of behavior on the part of the powers that be anymore. And if a school board accepted it -- at least in most of the nation -- they'd be voted out of office.

There's an old saying about the genie being out of the bottle and being unable to put him back in. That's where we are now. But I'm going to tell you something -- after 13 years of teaching and 20 years of administrating, not once did I have to paddle a kid to get the kid to behave. Not once in all that time. Paddling kids is okay for parents. It's not okay for schools. It's unnecessary, and in many places out and out illegal. Any teacher or administrator who has to resort to violence against kids hasn't got the intellect to be in their jobs.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
I don't think you understand that the outrage is not her being punished. It's how she was punished and arrested. It was brutal, savage, and uncompassionate. She didn't do anything to threaten the cop in a physical way so why is the response to flip her, drag her, throw her, and sit on top of her as if she just committed a violent crime and was a big 200 pound man? I just don't picture in my mind a petite white female being treated the same way.
I am quite sure they tried to reason with her......and that didn't work.....that's why they had to call a cop to physically remove her. That right there should tell you what kind of person they were dealing with.

What that cop did was hardly brutal or savage. Did he punch her? Kick her? Slap her? No. He had to drag her across the room before she would let go of the chair and then he flipped her over so he could cuff her.

What should they have done? Let her sit there as long as she damn well pleased?

And what kind of lesson do you think that would have taught her? Hmmm? And how well do you think that lesson would serve her once she is out of school and in the real world?

Old 10-26-2015, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
This isn't a black or white issue. I would feel the same way if that girl had been white.

If she was my kid, she would have gotten punished further when she got home......for misbehaving in the first place and for not getting up out of that chair and leaving the room when she was told to.

And I am a liberal Democrat.
You punishing your kid...that's okay. That's your decision.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:29 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Quote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/army-vet-...icle-1.2412418

Apparently he's had a previous encounter with a black male....ex-Army Vet.

It was also said that the students thought he was brutal with other students as well and this isn't the first time he's been this violent. He's probably on steroids and when you mixed that with racial bigotry, then it doesn't end well for "disruptive" black students, even if they aren't doing remotely anything to deserve such brutality.
It's a little hard to take the guy seriously on his other charges considering he is blaming his divorce on the incident in question.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I don't think you understand that the outrage is not her being punished. It's how she was punished and arrested. It was brutal, savage, and uncompassionate. She didn't do anything to threaten the cop in a physical way so why is the response to flip her, drag her, throw her, and sit on top of her as if she just committed a violent crime and was a big 200 pound man? I just don't picture in my mind a petite white female being treated the same way.
A very good question, because usually the cop-fawners say the perp deserves it because he/she is being a physical threat. And that just isn't true here.

Old 10-26-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The ones attending schools in Eastern Kentucky, where corporal punishment is still allowed. The county with the largest number of recorded incidents in the state in 2014 has a population that is 98.34% white and has a couple of schools where paddling occurred with not one minority student in the entire school.
And would you say that the educational outcomes in those schools is exemplary?

Old 10-26-2015, 09:34 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,133,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
A very good question, because usually the cop-fawners say the perp deserves it because he/she is being a physical threat. And that just isn't true here.
They changed their own rules to fit their anti-black mentality. Really and truly, people aren't pro-cop. They're anti-black.

If the same things were happening to white people on a large scale disproportionate to their population, they wouldn't say the same things now.

In fact, had the girl been white and the police officer been black, ooohhhh Willy. They would be calling him a savage and a n*gger and "How dare he touch that white girl".

Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Yea, it is a Joke, watching all the "Do Gooders" excuse a Rogue Student.

Doesn't matter if I knew the Student, or if he/she was mine, or if they where black, white, purple or pink . If they acted out to the point that a Cop had to be called in , I would not say throw her in the floor, I would say grab them by the collar and seat of the pats, and throw them out the front door, down the steps and onto the sidewalk.

KARMA! or "Ask and thou shall receive?"
No Boris, no one is excusing the student's behavior. But we are certainly not excusing the supposed adult-in-the-room's behavior.

Furthermore, you don't understand karma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies