Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 06:18 PM

25,962 posts, read 22,120,062 times

Advertisements

I was surprised to learn that Bushes and the Clintons were so close. Actually it made me uncomfortable and hoping more than ever that it is not a Bush/Clinton race as it just seems to amount to "them", the "dynasties" against the rest of us or most of us: 2016 Threatens the Long Clinton-Bush Friendship -- NYMag and https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e6c_story.html

Too close for comfort in my book!

And, people were criticizing Trump for contributing to Hillary so she would attend his wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2015, 06:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I was surprised to learn that Bushes and the Clintons were so close. Actually it made me uncomfortable and hoping more than ever that it is not a Bush/Clinton race as it just seems to amount to "them", the "dynasties" against the rest of us or most of us: 2016 Threatens the Long Clinton-Bush Friendship -- NYMag and https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e6c_story.html

And, people were criticizing Trump for contributing to Hillary so she would attend his wedding.
Agreed tho IMHO both the Bush and Clinton families; like the Kennedys, their time has come and gone.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:28 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
That weren't that close when Mr. Bill was running against the elder Bush!

I don't worry too much about their relationship. I'm sure it takes an ex-president to understand the experiences of another ex-president, regardless of party. There aren't that many of them at any given time.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:33 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,575,206 times
The two Bushes and Clinton are members of a very exclusive club, only 43 members have been admitted since 1789.

If everyone remembers, GHW Bush and Clinton did a lot of work with the Haitian earthquake relief, among other things.

Old 10-26-2015, 06:44 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The two Bushes and Clinton are members of a very exclusive club, only 43 members have been admitted since 1789.

If everyone remembers, GHW Bush and Clinton did a lot of work with the Haitian earthquake relief, among other things.
don't forget all the 'work' they did together running coke through Mena Ark. back in the day

Old 10-26-2015, 06:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Of course 3 ex-POTUS would be friends. It is a very exclusive club, and nobody other than those who have experienced it can probably relate.

Hillary and Trump--they're one-percenters hanging in NY. They are going to run into each other.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:56 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Clinton and Bush Sr. have done some very good humanitarian work together. What is wrong with elder statesmen being friendly with each other? We've become so polarized that the fact that this bothers some people is more telling than the friendship these two have developed post-presidency. It's kind of sad.

Last edited by JAMS14; 10-27-2015 at 12:05 PM..

Old 10-30-2015, 04:06 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times
Republicans and Democrats are probably closer than most people realize. They are like two wings of the same family who want to shut everyone else out and keep all the money, power and influence between them.

Oh, they make an entertaining show of public brawling. They ridicule each other on stuff like funding Planned Parenthood or gay marriage ... but how far apart are they on foreign policy or economic policy? Which party is bold enough to take on global corporations or the Arab oil cartel?

It's like here in Philly: the perennial "war" between Pat's and Geno's when it comes to the best cheesesteak sandwich. The fact is: they both stink.

Old 10-30-2015, 10:57 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,116,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehorn_II View Post
Elitists with Ivy League educations generally flock together in life. Kind of like people in the South often go to NASCAR races together, although they are not neccesarily related.
No, I think they are mostly related.

Mick

Old 10-31-2015, 02:00 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Two political dynasties that understand and appreciate each other because one needs the other to exist. They both have convinced the weak mined, idiots, and just plain stupid to fight the false war of left vs right. End result these people support the Bush or Clinton families without question while demonizing the other without realizing these are exactly the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies