Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 08:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

What is to stop government from declaring everyone, yes every individual, with some sort of mental illness....
They then have legal standing to take your gun, your knives and your bats.

Remember, even the mentally ill have the same rights as you do, to be free. It is not governments job to cull them from society. It is the people of the community in which this person resides, to keep them in check.

Rights are not privileges. Every person has the right and the ability to protect themselves.
You take rights by denying them theirs, when exercising your rights, it lets them exercise theirs.

The "what could happen" laws, take the most freedom & liberties from the people, with government turning rights in the constitution, into privileges only the wealth elite, can selectively grant.
They use this tactic to go after every amendment in the Bill of Rights. What could happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 09:00 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Latest poll showing 2 to 1 that Americans believe mental health is the issue and a not guns. This is just further proof that the gun control proponents are losing the fight.

But while many have called for stricter gun laws in their wake, the Post-ABC poll finds far more point to problems treating people with mental health issues. By a more than 2-to-1 margin, more people say mass shootings reflect problems identifying and treating people with mental health problems rather than inadequate gun control laws (63 percent to 23 percent).
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ass-shootings/

Also in the article is that more Americans believe gun laws are either fine the way they are or should be loosened not made more strict.
It's a shame when you have to blame mental illness to justify having guns. Honestly, I don't care if you have guns or not but I have a problem when you stigmatize those with mental illness. Anything having to do with the brain is considered a mental illness....parkinsons, alheimeziers, anxiety, depression just to name a few. Most don't go out and kill.

Old 10-29-2015, 09:57 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's a shame when you have to blame mental illness to justify having guns. Honestly, I don't care if you have guns or not but I have a problem when you stigmatize those with mental illness. Anything having to do with the brain is considered a mental illness....parkinsons, alheimeziers, anxiety, depression just to name a few. Most don't go out and kill.

No, I don't have to "justify" having guns.
There are many types of mental illness and to
varying degrees, but ya gotta admit that mass
murderers are just about always nuts.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:06 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I didn't ask you because you already did lol And yes there are many types of mental illness but yet no one addresses that. They just lump them all together. And I don't agree that mass murderers are "nuts" because I don't understand what you mean by that.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post

Real high IQ's too and p i s s e d off at the world around them.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:47 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,697,498 times
In regards to force medicating someone look at as someone who is injured unconscious. They are brought in to the hospital after having a heart attack they have no way of consenting care. Still.if you are that unconscious person don't you want to live?

Old 10-30-2015, 04:10 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,508,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I didn't ask you because you already did lol And yes there are many types of mental illness but yet no one addresses that. They just lump them all together. And I don't agree that mass murderers are "nuts" because I don't understand what you mean by that.
You can play naive, but people that kill others are nuts. Something is wrong with them. Other than LEO, Soldiers and Armed legal citizens
On the other hand, a gun owner is a person who has a powerful tool for defense against someone else with equal tools attemtping to inflict harm on him, his family or others. Nuts, crazy, loco, you know what they mean, dont play dumb.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
You can play naive, but people that kill others are nuts. Something is wrong with them. Other than LEO, Soldiers and Armed legal citizens
On the other hand, a gun owner is a person who has a powerful tool for defense against someone else with equal tools attemtping to inflict harm on him, his family or others. Nuts, crazy, loco, you know what they mean, dont play dumb.

There is a time and a place for everything in life, including killing.....

Old 10-30-2015, 06:50 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
2/3 of Americans have mental health issues. Sounds about right.
"When you keep your cool when everybody else looses theirs, maybe YOU haven't grasped the situation", some one said.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:53 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
As was proven in Stillwater last Saturday morning, a mentally ill person can do as much carnage with a car as a gun. 4 dead. Up to 40 or 50 people injured. This country does not adequately address mental health problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3AzCclzvw4
You wanna' bet we don't see Obama, the dems, and all the others we hear from when a gun is used, clamoring to ban cars.

What hypocrites they are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies