Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 01:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Yesterday we had a news report of angry family members of a 18 year old guy killed by a K9 officer after the guy who was fleeing the cops with 3 other teenagers after stealing a car and ending up in a swamp area and a K9 dog going after them, trying to drown the K9 dog.
TPD: Suspect shot after fighting with officer, trying to drown police K9 dies Suspect shot after fighting with officer, trying to drown police K9 dies

The cop shot at the teenager to save his dogs life and a helicopter was already in the air to point out to cops on the ground where the fleeing teenagers were.

Of course the cops didn't know if the teenagers had weapons or who they were and what age as some hid for 3 hours in the woods before taken into custody.

The father of the guy who died at the hospital or at least was pronounced dead in the hospital was mad for the cop killing his innocent son and how great of a guy his son was.

With all the news on a daily base and cops being blamed by some Hollywood crazies, I wonder who on earth want to be a cop nowadays with phones recording every word and image and than edited to help the public to get louder.

Investigations with the result that a cop is innocent and the crook was wrong are not believed by these racist groups like BLM and it seems Hillary is supporting them.

That means we all sooner than later have to defend ourselves as we can't count on cops any more and we can't blame them as who wants their son or daughter or family be one of the cops who get blamed for everything as long as the criminals are being portrait as the all so angel like choir boys/girls!
Your link says the kid attempted to drown the dog and then the officer. The officer shot the kid and pulled both the dog and kid out of the water.

Most grieving parents defend their dead kid, no matter what the kid did.

Who are these Hollywood crazies? This forum is full of posters who tend to believe most/ all cops are bad. Some have and will continue to post on this thread. I suspect most of them are not influenced by Hollywood.

People who believe their lives matter do not steal cars and go joy riding at 2:30 am. If they do and get caught they don't bolt into the woods and swamps. If they do, they don't attempt to kill a dog and officer.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-27-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 01:58 PM

78,335 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Surprised the kids family didn't run in front of the cameras saying he was shot in the back and executed.

I've heard that one over and over and over in the past year and in almost every single case we found out later they had lied.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:06 PM

599 posts, read 401,313 times
I for one am a strong supporter of law enforcement and it disgust me at how mistreated that they have become. The FBI just this past week came out with a warning called the Ferguson effect where police officers are starting to become afraid of enforcing the law at risk of becoming the next police brutality video on YouTube or causing massive riots which was the case in Fergueon where office Derron Wilson shot and killed a criminal who attacked him Michael Brown. I for one would support a nationwide Police officer protest where they would refuse to those they know are unappreciated to the law enforcement community. It's ironic how those who hate the police are the ones who will be needing them the most.

It's time more people with power speak out against the mistreatment of officers instead of supporting groups like Black Lives Matter that live off of violence. Every BLM protest I watch on tv they are always shouting No Justice No Peace. They don't support the police simply because they want to commit crimes. If only MLK was still alive to bring some guidance to a misguided crowd.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
which of those crimes is punishable by death?
According to the link the kid attempted to drown the officer, too.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Well, drowning the K9 would be in several states....

but the killing was not a punishment. It was the consequence of the officer defending the K-9.
What in that sequence waived the officer's right to do this? Or what in that sequence convinces a reasonable person that the man would not have drowned the K-9?
After pulling the officer pulled the unconscious and floating dog out of the way, the kid attempted to drown the officer.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:02 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Umm, no. Drowing the k9 does not warrant the death penalty, defending the k9 by using deadly force? I think if you are in a pond/swamp and a dog jumps after you trying to drown the dog so that you don't drown is almost an involuntary response.
I am a dog lover i probably would have done the same, but the fact remains it was a tragedy, that kid didnt deserve to die over stealing a car and running from the cops, nothing to be happy about or gloat.
K-9 is equivalent to a human police officer in many states, have to consider that when looking at the legalities of the situation.
Edit: and according to the other posters, attempted to drown the officer too, so that would certainly fall under a crime (if carried out) that could warrant the death penalty as well as being a clear justification for self-defense.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:04 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Who wants to be a cop in the USA? Soon there will be a shortage if this keeps going on.

There will certainly be a shortage in certain urban areas where there are large numbers of a certain demographic. It has already started to happen.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:17 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
Uninformed if not mentally ill police officers want to kill me & millions of others who need cannabis oil to live. Why should they have unlimited rights to kill harmless sick people? Where nobody or their property was harmed or endangered, why should the harmless person be harmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
I for one am a strong supporter of law enforcement and it disgust me at how mistreated that they have become. Police officers are starting to become afraid of enforcing the law at risk of becoming the next police brutality video on YouTube. It's ironic how those who hate the police are the ones who will be needing them the most.

They don't support the police simply because they want to commit crimes. If only MLK was still alive to bring some guidance to a misguided crowd.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:27 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
They're panicking that there's only 300 applicants for each job. That would make most employers happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Who wants to be a cop in the USA? Soon there will be a shortage if this keeps going on.

There will certainly be a shortage in certain urban areas where there are large numbers of a certain demographic. It has already started to happen.

Old 10-27-2015, 03:47 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
They're panicking that there's only 300 applicants for each job. That would make most employers happy.
Recent spikes in crimes in these urban areas say otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies