Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 11:30 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

People are still confusing what equality in our Declaration of Independence means.

It does NOT mean that I am as equally fast as our Olympic sprinters like Tyson Gay.

It does NOT mean that I am as equally talented at Basketball as Lebron James.

It does NOT mean that I am equally as skilled at playing QB as Tom Brady.

It does NOT mean that I equally understand science as well as David Baltimore who researches viruses and cancer at CIT.

It does NOT mean that I equally understand history of the Civil War as well as James McPherson of Princeton University.

It does NOT mean that I am as intelligent as Dave Remine of MENSA.

---------------

It DOES mean that I have the same political rights as everyone mentioned above.

---------------

I have already explained this simple concept over and over...it really isn't that hard to grasp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 02:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
People are still confusing what equality in our Declaration of Independence means.

It does NOT mean that I am as equally fast as our Olympic sprinters like Tyson Gay.

It does NOT mean that I am as equally talented at Basketball as Lebron James.

It does NOT mean that I am equally as skilled at playing QB as Tom Brady.

It does NOT mean that I equally understand science as well as David Baltimore who researches viruses and cancer at CIT.

It does NOT mean that I equally understand history of the Civil War as well as James McPherson of Princeton University.

It does NOT mean that I am as intelligent as Dave Remine of MENSA.

---------------

It DOES mean that I have the same political rights as everyone mentioned above.

---------------

I have already explained this simple concept over and over...it really isn't that hard to grasp.
Agreed.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Ok; Black people AS A GROUP may not be as smart as Asians AS A GROUP. But; some Black people do very well in life and it ain't all having good genes, even an "average" Black person in smarts WILL usually do much better IF pushed by parents who "walk the talk" like as in talking proper, NOT getting drunk and stoned all the time, taking care of business and so on.
As someone who has taught inner city Detroit kids, you won't believe the amount of talents that go undeveloped. The culture and education system are setting these kids up to fail.

Smart kids that think hard work doesn't increase the odds for success, because they are victims of racism, poverty, and white privilege.

Teachers think they are being "culturally sensitive" by refusing to correct their grammar, format, and spelling. How are the kids suppose to prepare for the SAT written portion or in a college setting if they can't write in a proper fashion?

It is hard to develop academic gifts in such a culture regardless of genes.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:31 PM

Quote:
As someone who has taught inner city Detroit kids, you won't believe the amount of talents that go undeveloped. The culture and education system are setting these kids up to fail.

Smart kids that think hard work doesn't increase the odds for success, because they are victims of racism, poverty, and white privilege.

Teachers think they are being "culturally sensitive" by refusing to correct their grammar, format, and spelling. How are the kids suppose to prepare for the SAT written portion or in a college setting if they can't write in a proper fashion?

It is hard to develop academic gifts in such a culture regardless of genes.
Uh; IF you're looking for a fight with me; good luck. I def agree with what you're saying 100 percent.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Uh; IF you're looking for a fight with me; good luck. I def agree with what you're saying 100 percent.
Sorry, I wasn't looking for a "fight." Just adding detail.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't looking for a "fight." Just adding detail.
I was trying to be mildly sarcastic to get some of here on CDF to crack a smile.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Ok; Black people AS A GROUP may not be as smart as Asians AS A GROUP. But; some Black people do very well in life and it ain't all having good genes, even an "average" Black person in smarts WILL usually do much better IF pushed by parents who "walk the talk" like as in talking proper, NOT getting drunk and stoned all the time, taking care of business and so on.
And likewise Asian parents who engage in ghetto behavior will produce dumber kids who will not be that successful.

I wouldn't say that blacks as a group aren't as smart as Asians as a group at all. Culture (which some people mistakenly call "race") and behavior are what's important. If the number of Asians who grew up on welfare and in single parent families was comparable to the number of blacks who do, then Asians as a group would come out looking a lot dumber than they do.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:17 PM

755 posts, read 675,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
And likewise Asian parents who engage in ghetto behavior will produce dumber kids who will not be that successful.

I wouldn't say that blacks as a group aren't as smart as Asians as a group at all. Culture (which some people mistakenly call "race") and behavior are what's important. If the number of Asians who grew up on welfare and in single parent families was comparable to the number of blacks who do, then Asians as a group would come out looking a lot dumber than they do.
I gave up trying to educate people who do not want to change their belief system; it is a waste of time.

All I know is, I never failed to meet or beat any other race academically while attending UCLA; that was when I realized all of this "they are smarter" jazz was hot garbage. I also know I performed better academically when money wasn't an issue, which it was at times when I was attending college.

I remember when we had TA sessions full of Asian, Whites, and Indians (Hindies), I use to tell myself, "damn, I thought they were supposed to be smarter than me......."

I think I am of average intelligence.

Like I said, there are some genetic influences, especially on memory, but i don't believe it is the major factor in scoring discrepancy. If you apply yourself, you will succeed. Blacks value sports and entertainment more than education, that's why they score lower; plus the ones who value education my not have the financial or emotional support system to help them achieve to the best of their ability.

I will never conclude that people are inherently smarter than others.......as a whole group that is. But believe what you want; I think I know a lot more black people than most people posting here and because I have attended college with predominantly anyone one BUT black people, I have a pretty good insight on the Asians too. UCLA University of Caucasians Lost Among Asian!!

Old 11-01-2015, 08:29 PM

755 posts, read 675,625 times
P.S. Please Read Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs, and Steel," it will explain a lot.

Old 11-01-2015, 08:53 PM

31,064 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
If going by just "race", then American Indians and most Mexicans should do real well in school since they're pretty much "Asian" going by DNA. Blacks:those who came here "free" from Africa can and DO run with the big dogs in school.
"most Mexicans should do real well in school since they're pretty much "Asian" going by DNA."
Nada Patata.

Native American DNA is so far removed from the Multitude of different Asian groups you can't say that.

:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:W...aplogroups.png

The other thing is the widely different IQ scores around world and Asia.
Attached Thumbnails
Test Score Gaps in California Increasingly Driven by Race, Not Class-iq.jpg   Test Score Gaps in California Increasingly Driven by Race, Not Class-iq-usa.jpg  

Last edited by LS Jaun; 11-01-2015 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies