Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: GOP Debate: Who was the night's biggest loser? Who will tank most in the polls?
Kasich 14 10.29%
Bush 67 49.26%
Huckabee 6 4.41%
Rubio 6 4.41%
Trump 11 8.09%
Carson 1 0.74%
Fiorina 6 4.41%
Cruz 9 6.62%
Christie 5 3.68%
Paul 11 8.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 05:35 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,306,240 times

Advertisements

Without Trump in the race, the GOP primaries would be the most boring in history. He keeps people watching, so of course the media will report that he won. Trump is quick with the rhetoric, but far short on details. As candidates begin dropping out, he will be forced to explain HOW he wants to do the things he says. The closer scrutiny will be his undoing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 05:47 PM

25,661 posts, read 21,819,785 times
Trump is awesome so I would just learn to live with it. It is past time we get an intelligent and ambitious POTUS. It is past time that we have a POTUS that is elected based on their ability to serve the people and not a handful of special interest groups.

The only reason the liberals are constantly insulting Trump is because they are so consumed with jealousy that they can't see straight thus the slant they put on everything.

Doesn't matter if Trump won the debate or not since we don't care about the debate, we care about him winning POTUS. The days of people blindly following the media are gone.

Trump envy is so prevalent here that it is becoming hilarious. But when I see a photo of Hillary and yes, I get it but it isn't our fault that we have an awesome candidate. Shake the bushes a little more on the Dem side and maybe something will fall out that you can use.

Anyone else notice that if a poll shows Hillary or Bernie in a positive light that the liberals get so terribly excited that they can barely contain themselves? I just feel bad for them having to rely on illusions. How terrible it must be to be locked into a party and not have a door to exit.

Old 10-29-2015, 05:54 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,328,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some of the candidate backlash at media last night was nothing more than an attempt to dodge questions they preferred to ignore.
If they don't answer the question, they should not get another question until the next hour.

The format of the debates is terrible. But you'd have the blame the RNC & DNC for that.

Too many people on stage for the Republicans. Need to be no more then 5 on stage at a time. Have a blind draw for each 15 minute segment.

They also need to be sitting, rather then standing. Cuts down on the grandstanding.

And the question needs to be presented to the group, and let them talk, with the moderator only stepping in when someone takes too long, gets off topic, or attacks/blames anyone/everyone else (since it is supposed to be about their leadership abilities, not those of current or past leaders)

Kasich and Graham came off the best to me, but neither of them is a Jon Huntsman or Joe Lieberman.

Fiorina & Christie were the biggest losers. I was very disappointed in the Governor. I expected better from him.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:00 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,349,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Trump truly believes he wins at all things even if he doesn't show up (aka debates). He is delusional.
Trump believes if he say's he's a winner..YEP..he believes..baits his crowds to agree with him..meanwhile using schoolyard terms to call out other's..It's actually very comical to watch..and even more entertaining to watch actual Political wonks scratching their collective heads..Last night..Trump guessed..Less was more after watching how fellow candidates were doing a GREAT JOB bashing media..LOL Yep..In his head he won!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How? It's been explained over and over.....Trump successfully set himself as the "anti Washington" candidate. It does not matter what he says. He could stand up there and pick his nose and he is going to win.

The people are giving a big middle finger to the establishment.
Yep..you got that right..Lets put someone into Commander and Chief position who has no idea how the wheels of Government work..It's just NOT feasible to go in and be able to demand/force the other 2 houses to fall in line..Can't happen..Debating amongst them has been so polarized since 2009..especially 2010..I've watched..Government closures..kicking can down the road for a few months..Fiscal cliff has been reached far too many time in the past 3 years!! This is no way to govern any Country let alone a State or County for that matter..

If people want to put someone of Trump's calibre in ..They will get just what they deserve..because it's not just about local economy..It's also the mere fact USA is looked to as a defender of other Countries..and expected to protect ..lead..solve the World's ills..yikes..Once new POTUS gets into office..Reality checks in+++, unless someone who has some experience and/or knowledge of the inside information of just WTH is going on...There's a huge list of unknowns that only a few know about..Sorry..I'm trying to have some common sense...

Right now Carson makes me nervous for my American Friends...I would fear due to his simplistic views..Some sort of Puppet Leader could emerge..allowing those with extreme or intentions to go to WAR again..boots on the ground..maybe even force yet the restart of drafting again..after 42 years of Voluntary Military...With such volatile Middle East chaos..I wouldn't put it past the ones who just love to promote aggressive actions..????????

Old 10-29-2015, 06:12 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,885,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why yes lets continue to kick the can down the road and make the same mistakes over and over again.

No more lump sum budgets that increase the debt!
By all means refuse to payfor the items that the government already bought.

Old 10-29-2015, 06:13 PM

35,369 posts, read 20,747,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why yes lets continue to kick the can down the road and make the same mistakes over and over again.

No more lump sum budgets that increase the debt!
there is debt yes and they had a full year to talk about it --the other thing is REVENUE - we never talk about increasing that-- and I will stick to my stand that this has very detrimental effects effects not having a working budget- specially in certain areas of government that actually affect crucial or even life and death situations-- but why would you care.

I am not PRO more debt -but can't cut people off- because you can't get your s--- together. its just creating a bigger mess... keeps spending on those long investigations no where or fly away useless balloons

Old 10-29-2015, 07:05 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,254,800 times
Honesty Took a Big Hit in Wednesday's Debate | Mother Jones

Maybe Clown Trump should re-read his own policies that he no doubt never wrote or even developed.....

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positio...gration-reform

Old 10-29-2015, 07:46 PM

37,770 posts, read 21,861,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Did you even watch the debate at all? The moderators inserted their own opinions trashing the candidates personally, or on their proposals, and argued with the candidates if the candidates dared not agree with their low opinions of them. I mean the first question was essentially, tell us why you are not qualified to be president so everyone can use it against you in a sound byte.

For example, they did not ask the candidates to explain to the people the details of their tax plan. The mods told the candidates how awful their tax plan was, how experts also say how awful their tax plan is, and then interrupted the candidates answer to disagree with them and reiterate how stupid their plan was.

Essentially, the moderators hated or despised everyone on that stage, tried their best to make them all look stupid, and mean-spirited, and made sure all of America saw them try to do it too.
The moderators were very devious, in that they took it upon themselves to present the plans and policies of the candidates as utter failures, and then allow the candidate the chance to defend them, but then interrupt them so they could ridicule them some more.

For example, here is how Harwood introduced Trump's tax plan. Notice how unbiased he presented it, and allowed Trump to set the tone, and did did not set the stage by not characterizing it in a negative light:

HARWOOD: Cut taxes $10 trillion without increasing the deficit. And make Americans better off because your greatness would replace the stupidity and incompetence of others.

Let’s be honest. Is this a comic book version of a presidential campaign?

I talked to economic advisers who have served presidents of both parties. They said that you have as chance of cutting taxes that much without increasing the deficit as you would of flying away from that podium by flapping your arms.

The Republicans may as well have had the hatchet men of the Clinton campaign moderating this debate.

The people over at the RNC who set up this debate are total morons, and stooges. They allow the Democrat friendly moderators from the main stream media to moderate both the Republican and Democratic debates, what tools they are.

Old 10-29-2015, 07:56 PM

37,770 posts, read 21,861,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Because I pegged him during the last debate as someone who could not handle confrontation.
Rubio is one of the quickest people on his feet, when presented with those gotcha type questions that come out of the blue.

Old 10-29-2015, 08:26 PM

37,941 posts, read 17,744,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
By all means refuse to payfor the items that the government already bought.
By all means, when the problem is too much debt, continue to get deeper into debt. Because after all government spends wisely right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies