Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 05:55 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,114,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

The CO2 levels noted in the Nature article were 2000 ppm!! Are you calling NATURE a "conspiracy blog"???? I guess your supreme knowledge (with no scientific degrees or publications) gives you the credibility to call one of the premier scientific journals in the world a "conspiracy blog"?

2000 ppm????That is 5X what it is today!

1. Now if CO2 is a terrible green house gas, as you say, why was the planet not BOILING then???

2. Why didn't temperatures fall during the Great Depression when man-made CO2 production fell dramatically?

3. Why didn't temperatures rise during and after WW2 when man-made CO2 INCREASED dramatically?

4. Why were the temps during the time of the Roman Empire warmer than now?

5. How could there be tropical fossilized plants and animals above the artic circle if man made CO2 is the main "culprit" in raising temps?

6. Why do CO2 levels rise AFTER any change in temp, rather than vice-versa?

Wake up- Your cult cannot be explained, like most cults. The "faithful" in cults stick to the beliefs of their religion, despite evidence which refutes thier faith.
Right. But what about all greenhouse gases? You know.... methane, sox, nox, and co2?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 06:01 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Whether it's the IRS, NOAA or any other organization, Democrats and Progressives support hiding the truth, lying, cheating anything to support the lies they like. It's sad they have this religious fervor to hide facts, honesty, truth, and scientific advancement. Very similar to some religious zealots of the 15th-17th century.
"Whether it's the IRS, NOAA or any other organization, Democrats and Progressives support hiding the truth, lying, cheating anything to support the lies they like".

As Edward Snowden found out the current Administration is the least transparent and biggest lying Administration to date. If the evidence was presented during the Bush Administration I would have not been surprised but coming from Obama I found it quite unbelievable

Old 11-02-2015, 06:02 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So they have all the scientific information available, they have the reasoning behind the adjustments but now they want the employees internal emails turned over, and here we thought they wanted the scientific data.
It's a quote mining expedition they're on. They'll cherry pick bits and pieces, remove all context, and use it to claim some massive conspiracy. We know this because the anti-science crowd has a long history of doing exactly that.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
US CONGRESS TO INVESTIGATE NOAA

Congress has filed a subpoena to investigate manipulation of global temperature data in a recent "study". In contrast to other areas of academics and science, both organizations have refused to release the methods of collection and the raw data to Congress.

Cults always attempt to hide facts and conceal inconsistencies with thier agenda. Science is open to any questioning and further investigation.
How much is this investigation going to cost US taxpayers?

Old 11-03-2015, 12:12 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Then it was probably from some conspiracy blog or right wing fossil fuel funded 'think-tank'.

Yes, it's a waste of time posting anything like that. Not sure why you bothered the first time. I seem to remember you making some fake claim about doing 'research' for a 'paper' for 'college' but were unable to post the essay question or your Reference list. And all you mentioned were conspiracy blogs and a right wing 'think tank' propaganda piece. Not a Journal paper in sight. Didn't you claim you got an A+ or something?
I did a research paper and got an A. I decided to mostly stay off these threads after I posted a link to NASA recently stating that Antarctic ice had increased every year since 1982 and a mod deleted it. If the mods are going to protect you, this forum is a waste of time.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:41 PM

756 posts, read 424,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
It's a quote mining expedition they're on. They'll cherry pick bits and pieces, remove all context, and use it to claim some massive conspiracy. We know this because the anti-science crowd has a long history of doing exactly that.
Cherry picking?
...sorta like the climate scientists do with data when they want to show runaway warming instead of conducting blind impartial science.

Old 11-03-2015, 12:45 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I did a research paper and got an A. I decided to mostly stay off these threads after I posted a link to NASA recently stating that Antarctic ice had increased every year since 1982 and a mod deleted it. If the mods are going to protect you, this forum is a waste of time.
How did you establish that the Antarctic ice was increasing each year since 1982, where did you get the data?

Old 11-03-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How did you establish that the Antarctic ice was increasing each year since 1982, where did you get the data?
There is now another thread on it. Someone else posted it. Read it quick before it disappears.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:50 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
There is now another thread on it. Someone else posted it. Read it quick before it disappears.
I don't see another thread can you give me a hint, why not just answer my question or send me the link that you claim was deleted.

Old 11-03-2015, 02:54 PM

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ining-ice.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies