Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 11:50 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Except that it's not anymore. It's grown with pesticides and artificial fertilizer, indoors under grow lights, and has been hybridized to hell and back. What people are smoking today is NOT a natural plant just growing in someone's backyard like they want to believe. Unless you know exactly where your marijuana is coming from, and who is growing it, you have no idea what you're getting.

Furthermore, again, unless you know exactly where and from whom your supply is coming, anyone who is using today is contributing to the terrible drug war situation in Mexico.

It's not all hippies sitting around smoking pot they grew in their bathtub anymore, and anyone who believes that has been just as fooled by the pro-marijuana crowd as they have by the pharmaceutical companies.
Sorry but your argument doesn't hold up. Homegrown pot doesn't need pesticides or anything else. Correct me if I'm wrong and you grow it but I don't think you do. Do you smoke it. And I am so tired of hearing the phrase "hippies"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 12:07 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Sorry but your argument doesn't hold up. Homegrown pot doesn't need pesticides or anything else. Correct me if I'm wrong and you grow it but I don't think you do. Do you smoke it. And I am so tired of hearing the phrase "hippies"
So you know where yours comes from? You've visited the site, and seen what types of fertilizers they use, and guaranteed that there are no pesticides used or fumigation? You know this for a fact?

Old 10-30-2015, 12:10 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Except that it's not anymore. It's grown with pesticides and artificial fertilizer, indoors under grow lights, and has been hybridized to hell and back. What people are smoking today is NOT a natural plant just growing in someone's backyard like they want to believe. Unless you know exactly where your marijuana is coming from, and who is growing it, you have no idea what you're getting.

Furthermore, again, unless you know exactly where and from whom your supply is coming, anyone who is using today is contributing to the terrible drug war situation in Mexico.

It's not all hippies sitting around smoking pot they grew in their bathtub anymore, and anyone who believes that has been just as fooled by the pro-marijuana crowd as they have by the pharmaceutical companies.
Did you watch "Reefer Madness" before writing this post or do you always have these views?

Who grows with pesticides indoors under lights using artificial fertilizer? Are you suggesting everyone does so by your own reasoning or do you have valid evidence? Lot's of people have never known where the weed was coming from. Most of it still comes up from South America though many people grow great stuff here in the states; all outdoors. If the soil is good there is no real need for fertilizer. Hemp/marijuana is one of the hardiest of plants. They do need water. If no one knows what they are getting; what do you suppose it is. People know what pot is, especially if they blaze. People don't drive to open drug markets, approach some dude and ask him where to buy some weed. People have a network of friends who blaze and they all use the same few sources. If it wasn't real pot no one would buy or smoke it. Lots of people grow their own.

How does smoking weed contribute to the terrible drug war situation if the pot isn't coming from that country?

Who ever grew weed in their bathtub?

Old 10-30-2015, 12:22 AM

4,751 posts, read 5,438,862 times
Is There Pesticide in the Weed You're Smoking? | Alternet

Marijuana Pesticide Contamination Becomes Health Concern As Legalization Spreads

The Clinic: Are Pesticides in Your Pot Dangerous? | High Times

https://mjbizdaily.com/confusion-pes...nabis-growers/

Gee, I guess it's all in my head and I have no idea what I'm talking about...

Old 10-30-2015, 12:28 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Dope cures nothing.

To say otherwise is to promote quackery.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:28 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
I don't think this is a reason to go smoking weed all willy-nilly, but i DO think that there are many active components to the plant that have not yet been exploited to their full potential!

Old 10-30-2015, 12:30 AM

8,610 posts, read 7,893,401 times
If you don't use it it's not a problem.

Why are you so adamant about this? Is there some underlying reason?

Old 10-30-2015, 12:37 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
"Cannabis oil cures 3 year old boy of cancer after doctors gave him 48 hours to live"

I highly doubt it. Cure Your Own Cancer links to Kannaway, which is a pyramid scheme.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:40 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The kid lived. He would have died without the chemo. I think it was worth the money.
As the parent of a survivor of childhood leukemia, I can emphatically say it was worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
"Landon suffered nerve damage in his legs, nausea that lead to vomiting dozens of times a day, intense pain and at one point went 25 days without eating following the treatment." "Around the clock, he was usually on liquid morphine, Ativan, Promethexane," Sierra told CNN back in July. And it just really didn't seem to be helping."
Promethexane apparently does not exist. If she meant promethazine, there are now better anti-nausea drugs for people on chemo. Did she not have insurance? If she did, did it refuse to pay for more expensive anti-nausea medication?

My son took Zofran. We went from his vomiting on the way home for treatments to stopping by Burger King for lunch.

No doctor would let a child go 25 days without eating. He would be fed either by vein or by a tube placed directly in his stomach.

Quote:
The mother likely saved her kids life by stopping the chemo therapy. Hard to imagine any adult that could live through such horrific side effects for long, much less a three year old child. Besides the chemo the kid was put on all sorts of chemical drugs to treat the side effects of the chemo but the drugs were clearly not effective at doing that.

Would you stand in a pool of nuclear waste or radiation to treat cancer? That's what chemotherapy is like. Sure it will kill the cancer cells but it will destroy all your good cells as well. It's quack medicine.
My son was on chemo for three years. Yes it is hard, but it does not "destroy all your good cells as well." He was 13 years old when he was diagnosed. He is now 40. He graduated from high school with his original class year, went to his first choice college, has a masters degree, is married, and has a child.

Quote:
Maybe it does, maybe not. But let them try everything they can. Chemo may kill the cancer cells but it pretty much kills you as well. No one is the same after chemo. Cannabis doesn't do that to your body.
Chemo does not "kill you as well". For the most common type of childhood leukemia the five year survival rate is approaching 90%, and few will have a recurrence after five years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Sure it will! Keep telling yourself that.
Childhood leukemia is curable.

Quote:
Chemo doesn't cure most cancers. If I had late stage lung cancer and the oncologist wanted to treat me with chemo to prolong my life by a few months, I'd think seriously about declining. But leukemia is a special case. Kids with leukemia are usually cured now and might well live 70 years longer. As terrible as the treatment is, I don't see how any responsible parent could refuse it.
No reasonable parent will.

Quote:
No, leukemia is not a special case. Adults get it as well. And there are different types.
Childhood leukemias do respond to chemo, some better than others. The most common type has a survival rate approaching 90%.

Quote:
It's a special case in that it is cureable by chemo alone while most other cancers are not.
Some children will need radiation as well as chemo, but there is a high cure rate for acute lymphocytic leukemia, the most common type.

If the cannabis oil helped this child's nausea, that's great. It did not cure his leukemia, though. We tried Marinol for my son's nausea before the Zofran was available. It made him high and did nothing for the nausea.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:46 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Dope cures nothing.

To say otherwise is to promote quackery.

You MUST be kidding??

Unless you are saying it in the way that insulin does not "cure" diabetes or Warfin doesn't "cure" blood clotting because you have to remain on them for a lifetime if you have those conditions.

Big pharma would NEVER have invested millions into this drug if not:

MARINOL (dronabinol) | Official Site from AbbVie Inc.

Marinol is "dope" in a pill form.

This is *FDA APPROVED* to treat:

-- Pain
-- Nausea
-- AIDS wasting
-- Anorexia

And many studies have shown it to be effective for:

-- Epilepsy
-- Glaucoma
-- Insomnia
-- PTSD
-- Depression
etc.

It unfortunate that the failed trillion dollar "War on Drugs" has held back additional research for so long which is why the drug is not FDA approved for more uses.

The therapeutic potential of cannabis and cannabinoids. - PubMed - NCBI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies