Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 12:19 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

What kind of a simple idiot believes that the 505K representing less than 1% of the population, even if bristling with guns, would have made it past the 4.7M with superior armaments?

What special kind of idiot thinks that because they were few in
number it's just as well that they went to the ovens like cattle?

Old 10-31-2015, 12:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Seems everyone is forgetting how the armed French resistance helped beat the nazis during ww2.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Resistance

Old 10-31-2015, 01:59 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Seems everyone is forgetting how the armed French resistance helped beat the nazis during ww2.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Resistance
They very much did, and with extraordinary courage. But let's also be honest - in terms of actually wrestling control from the Nazis and their collaborators, it still took a massive air, land and sea battle. Regular armed forces, not the maquis. Whenever the resistance let itself be dragged into actual set battles - even in conditions extremely favoring them, as in the Free Republic of Vercors, in terrain that couldn't possibly be better suited for defense - they were beaten. In doing so, they may have diverted resources, but it was still so costly, they had to revert to "la petite guerre".

If we're in the context of saving Jewish population, loath that I am to take any credit (nor blame) for my grandparent's generation, 95% of the Danish Jews were saved, and that was through subterfuge, civil disobedience and underground news channels, not feats of arms.

Old 10-31-2015, 02:09 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I thought this thread was about idiotic arguments regarding gun control??

Oh wait- i get the irony. You are just adding a few more!

And PS- most Jews *did* die standing up- in the gas chambers/furnaces. And owning a gun is not a "human right."
No, but it is a Constitutional right and the far left just can't come to terms with that.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I thought this thread was about idiotic arguments regarding gun control??

Oh wait- i get the irony. You are just adding a few more!

And PS- most Jews *did* die standing up- in the gas chambers/furnaces. And owning a gun is not a "human right."
Why not? Some feel birth control is a "human right."

We should be able to use and own what we want, as long as we are not endangering others with our actions.

I would rather have something for protection, than nothing at all. I know, I could at least take out a couple of men before the shot me dead.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:08 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,032,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
There is no talking to a liberal anti-gun zealot. Don't bother you will never make sense to them.

Here's the deal - if you don't want to own guns, don't buy one, nobody is forcing you.

But don't tell ME what I can or can't do with my constitutionally protected right to arms and my human right to self protection.

And YES, if the jews had been armed as well as probably a million americans are, and had they not lined up like sheep to slaughter, they WOULD have stopped the Germans from rounding them up and sending them to camps. Just as in America, if the government tried to disarm the country and the People chose to fight, rather than meekly give in to tyranny and oppression, there is no way the military could prevail. Many would die, maybe millions but the People could stop them, and millions of jews may have died away - but if you are going to die - die standing up!

You need to remember we already live in a police state where we have secret military tribunals, where we keep prisoners in places designed to deprive them of all outside contact and drive them crazier than they are like SuperMax, and we already imprison people for years on end without trial or charges (Guantanamo). It will be a very small step from that to the government to start putting gun owners and internet bloggers into gulags.

We, the People have already allowed the government to turn us into a country of tyranny that we never imagined we would live in.

The gun nut lives in a fantasy world where big brother fears him. You neighbors fear you because they think you are a nut. The government laughs at gun nut clowns on their little internet blogs. Angry delusional foolish little men. The loser living in his trailer in Ohio posting right wing gibberish really thinks his gun gives him power and influence? What's really makes the head shake is how many people actually believe this stuff.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The gun nut lives in a fantasy world where big brother fears him. You neighbors fear you because they think you are a nut. The government laughs at gun nut clowns on their little internet blogs. Angry delusional foolish little men. The loser living in his trailer in Ohio posting right wing gibberish really thinks his gun gives him power and influence? What's really makes the head shake is how many people actually believe this stuff.
Kind of goes with those anti-gun people sitting around worrying about people who don't even know they exist.......I think anti-gun people spend a lot more time thinking about how they can ruin legal gun owners lives. Now who has a none existing life......... How about getting guns out of the hands of gang members?

Old 10-31-2015, 06:13 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Most of those 4.7 million could own guns. How many of them used that privilege to protect their friends, coworkers, and neighbors?
It's not a privilege to own guns. Everyone has the right to defend themselves.
You posed the wrong question. Here's the proper question, How many of those guns from the 4.7 million were used to take property from the Jewish population?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
It was well more than 4.7 million. Yes, it was initiated by the government, but it was done with the cooperation of many who saw Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, or anyone who was different from them as less than human.
Agreed there was a lack of intestinal fortitude by the people in Germany at that time imo. But was it or was it not the government/Hitler who confiscated the property of Jews? Anything else is a symptom, after the fact. In order to solve any problem you treat the cause.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They aren't the angry delusional foolish ones here. Someone with a twisted sense of perception thinks it's about power and influence. Guns are for self defense and the last defense against tyranny.

Old 10-31-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Kind of goes with those anti-gun people sitting around worrying about people who don't even know they exist.......I think anti-gun people spend a lot more time thinking about how they can ruin legal gun owners lives. Now who has a none existing life......... How about getting guns out of the hands of gang members?
Naw can't end the war on drugs. How can the powers that be keep minorities down and finance the profitable prison system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies