Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2015, 03:06 PM

39 posts, read 40,761 times

Advertisements

i have had muslim friends.. my boss was muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015, 03:08 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,134 times
My dentist is a Muslim. My boyfriend and I have gone to her for over 12 years. She plays rock and roll in her office during visits.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
I do past and present. For the most part we all know there are good and bad in each race, nationality, religion.

The problems present themselves from what I can see, with those who are radical in their ideas and thoughts, and those who do not want to succumb to the Western World, and our viewpoints.

Some of the Muslim men I have known, are frankly nuts, to the core. Radical in their thinking, and abusive to women in my opinion. I know some Muslim women who have frankly changed for the better, and some of them do not agree with the way Muslim men think and how they act and treat women.

Problems from what I can see are those who take their warp sense of ideals and religious attitudes with them to this Country. I am not saying they are all like this, they are not. But from what I have learned past and present, a lot of the men sorry, but have very funny ways.

I worked for 3 Muslims many many moons ago they were brothers. I was young and they owned a vitamin company. One of the brothers, had a thing for me, gosh forbid I do not know why. He freaked me the hell out, always talking to me about his big BOTTLE. He pestered me constantly about his bottle. Finally I left that job he was driving me nuts.

When they tell you to change your clothes and you do not know this person that good, you have just met him, that is a problem at least for me, I change my clothes for no one except myself. Just my opinion from those I have observed and who I know.

But I do want to add, being radical in any religion or taking it to an extreme is never good.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:21 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I do past and present. For the most part we all know there are good and bad in each race, nationality, religion.

The problems present themselves from what I can see, with those who are radical in their ideas and thoughts, and those who do not want to succumb to the Western World, and our viewpoints.

Some of the Muslim men I have known, are frankly nuts, to the core. Radical in their thinking, and abusive to women in my opinion. I know some Muslim women who have frankly changed for the better, and some of them do not agree with the way Muslim men think and how they act and treat women.

Problems from what I can see are those who take their warp sense of ideals and religious attitudes with them to this Country. I am not saying they are all like this, they are not. But from what I have learned past and present, a lot of the men sorry, but have very funny ways.

I worked for 3 Muslims many many moons ago they were brothers. I was young and they owned a vitamin company. One of the brothers, had a thing for me, gosh forbid I do not know why. He freaked me the hell out, always talking to me about his big BOTTLE. He pestered me constantly about his bottle. Finally I left that job he was driving me nuts.

When they tell you to change your clothes and you do not know this person that good, you have just met him, that is a problem at least for me, I change my clothes for no one except myself. Just my opinion from those I have observed and who I know.
Of course there was a muslim i used to work with that was openly anti anti semitic. Yet that the only thing radical I have had with a muslim I had at the workplace.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:36 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I've known a few. Most of them seem to take their faith seriously, but were otherwise just like everyone else I know. A few appeared to be Muslims in name only - maybe that's more common than we think.

By "everyone else" I mean that they run the gamut in personalities. For example, some were very hard working, while others were kind of slackers.

So does anybody else know any Muslims from their personal experiences?
Don't be fooled. Muslims are not here to become Americans. They hate Western civilization, and especially America. They are here to destroy us through "civilization jihad." Yes, they will appear to be "just like everyone else." But that's a ruse. Muslims will lie if it is in their interests to do so (advance Islam, foo you into thinking they are just like us, and to hide their real motives.

The goal of Islam is and always has been, world domination and a world-wide caliphate.

You see what's happening in Germany and much of the rest of Europe, do you not? Wake up! It's coming here too, and Obama is enabling it.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:46 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,896,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Don't be fooled. Muslims are not here to become Americans. They hate Western civilization, and especially America. They are here to destroy us through "civilization jihad." Yes, they will appear to be "just like everyone else." But that's a ruse. Muslims will lie if it is in their interests to do so (advance Islam, foo you into thinking they are just like us, and to hide their real motives.

The goal of Islam is and always has been, world domination and a world-wide caliphate.

You see what's happening in Germany and much of the rest of Europe, do you not? Wake up! It's coming here too, and Obama is enabling it.
Pure garbage. Most Muslims are law abiding citizens. Some even in the armed services. Yes I personally work with some.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
Pure garbage. Most Muslims are law abiding citizens. Some even in the armed services. Yes I personally work with some.
I think you meant some or even most. You can't speak for all, you don't know all of them or even most of them. I agree though, most are law abiding citizens who want what we all want. To simply have the freedom to live their lives. Unfortunately with religion you also have those who don't have room for other ideas.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:07 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

This is an ignorant statement. Most of the muslim immigrants I know came here because they wanted to live in a freer society. They have no wish at all to change the US system, and wouldn't go back to where they're from unless there were *major* changes.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:09 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
I know several moderate Muslims, all professionals.

Religion seems more about family traditions than any things else.

They eat pork, drink and do not fast during Ramaden.

The women are well educated and professionals.

Old 10-31-2015, 04:21 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I know many Muslims as acquaintances, but nothing more. In our society today, acquiring meaningful friendships is very difficult, and I can't say that any of the Muslims I know, know me well enough to be called a friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies