Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 02:28 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Problems from what I can see are those who take their warp sense of ideals and religious attitudes with them to this Country. I am not saying they are all like this, they are not.
I can say the same for some so-called Catholics that I've met in my lifetime, and they didn't bring them to the US. They are generational Catholics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Don't be fooled. Muslims are not here to become Americans. They hate Western civilization, and especially America. They are here to destroy us through "civilization jihad." Yes, they will appear to be "just like everyone else." But that's a ruse. Muslims will lie if it is in their interests to do so (advance Islam, foo you into thinking they are just like us, and to hide their real motives.

The goal of Islam is and always has been, world domination and a world-wide caliphate.

You see what's happening in Germany and much of the rest of Europe, do you not? Wake up! It's coming here too, and Obama is enabling it.
Boo!!!!

A brilliant show of ignorance. Thank you.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Muslims aren't moderate. They are just less committed to their religion than other Muslims.
Same can be said for Jews, Christians, and every other religion.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:15 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Well I have a lot of Muslims at work with me, most of them are Somalian and afghan. For the most part they seem like a good lot of people, some are more religious then others, for instance some drink and even eat pork, where as others still pray durring work hours. I have debated with them on religion from time to time, and I must say, they are kind of hard to debate with, they only hear what they want to, and ignore anything that goes against them. one guy in particular whenever I hold a conversation with, he just talks way to much and doesn't even let me talk, all I do is just listen to him bassicly. Also many of them are slackers, rule breakers, and often times hide, but I think that's more of an African thing because I've noticed a lot of Christian Ethiopians are the same way. One Ethiopian guy seems to hate me for no odd reason, whenever I talk with him he would always say that he only talks with the supervisor, as if I'm not good enough for him. There was another Muslim guy that I knew pretty well who was also a chatter box and probably did drugs, he ended up smashing his own baby daughters head with an xbox controller because she wouldn't stop crying, sadly she died and he's in prison now. Ironically at work he always talked about his kids and how much he loved them. Also I know of some men who are relatively young, in th low twenties who already have multiple wives and loads of kids, and when I ask them they reply "I think maybe 5" what kind of father says I THINK!! But anyway Muslims seem to be good generally and they come in many forms just like a general American can. Also it depends where they come from and at what age they moved here as well.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:32 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
I worked for years in the ME and I would call a couple of Muslim guys friends. The thing is, I like and respect many Muslims (but not the religion) but so many are doing horrific acts in the name of the religion which the religion justifies through Mohammed or the Koran that I never fully trust them. I would rather they stay in the countries that suck because of adherence to the Superstition than come over here and start screwing up our country with their stupid rules.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:41 AM

922 posts, read 807,012 times
Wow, someone is seriously brainwashed.

Old 11-01-2015, 04:00 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
No. Not that I wouldn't be friendly, but there just aren't any around here. As far as "diversity" this area is pretty well Wonder Bread, except for a few Orientals.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:09 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
No. Not that I wouldn't be friendly, but there just aren't any around here. As far as "diversity" this area is pretty well Wonder Bread, except for a few Orientals.
"Orientals?" It's 2015. No.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:12 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
"Orientals?" It's 2015. No.

"Asians" then? Not sure what we are supposed to be calling them, but I've heard them referred to as Orientals.

Old 11-01-2015, 07:13 AM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
When I was younger, I had a few good Muslim friends, but they were only nominally Muslims. Besides observing Ramadan, they really weren't any different than my other friends who went out to clubs. Though now that they are older, I believe they are much more devout, at least judging from their Facebook profiles, which is probably part of the reason that we don't talk to each other anymore.

This is the key point when people talk about "moderate" Muslims. Muslims aren't moderate. They are just less committed to their religion than other Muslims.
Isn't that true of anyone?

I come from a "moderate" Jewish family. My mom didn't force my gentile father to convert and we only ate Kosher-style rather than actual Kosher food, but we were still Jewish. The vast majority of Christians are "moderate" as well. Few people who call themselves Christians follow their law to the letter.

I grew up with less moderate Christians. It's not much fun to be around any fundamentalist group, especially if you don't belong to said group.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies