Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 10:47 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,378,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I expect TeamObama is already working on that.

Time to re-use Hillary's stupid "reset button" prop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 10:50 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,054,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, I didn't know the Obama administration was also running Iran.

What, in particular, do you believe Obama did that was 'stupid' regarding this bluster by Iran?

Do you think every single country in the world should be forced to import American goods?

So what if Iran wants to prohibit US goods from getting into their country? They are only hurting their own people.

Medical devices, food, and seeds; $140 million worth in six months? That's a literal drop in the bucket for the US; too bad for the Iranian people.
We should be fighting for the right of Iranian people to drink Coke, eat Snickers and watch Disney DVDs

Old 11-04-2015, 11:44 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,105,319 times
Quote:
So what if Iran wants to prohibit US goods from getting into their country? They are only hurting their own people.
Not having goods from the US will hurt the people? How so? What goods would they be? Does the US have something exclusive that can't be found in any other country?

Old 11-04-2015, 11:55 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,499,984 times
so can we take back the money we sent them as part of the deal?

those are US goods too...

Old 11-04-2015, 12:18 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,541,140 times
such a loving nation.

Deep distrust persists between Iran, US despite nuclear deal

Old 11-04-2015, 12:39 PM

57,002 posts, read 25,978,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
It does. The entire time these negotiations were going on Boeing was waiting in the wings (along with Airbus) with contracts to replenish the Iranian air fleet. The White House never said a word about it. Immediately after the deal was signed so were those contracts for new aircraft.

This isn't about the Iranian nuke program. This is about big money and envelopes passed under the table.
The existing sanctions stay in place, technology is not being imported to Iran. What existing imports are going to be halted by Iran, the $140M is primarily grain and medical supplies which they desperately need.

This treaty will not change anything regarding exports from the US unless Iran decides they don't need food.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,617,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Not having goods from the US will hurt the people? How so? What goods would they be? Does the US have something exclusive that can't be found in any other country?
Oh, I totally agree. That's just one reason why I don't understand why right-wingers are making a tempest in a teapot over this. $140 million, as I said, is a drop in the bucket. Is the loss of $140M really going to make a dent in our economy?

I especially enjoy the posts that blame Obama for something the Iranian leader says.

It's really the Ayatollah making a fool of himself.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:38 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,105,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
so can we take back the money we sent them as part of the deal?

those are US goods too...
The US is releasing money that was withheld during the sanctions. That money belongs to Iran. I don't know about the US "sending" them money, especially when the sanctions took effect in 1979.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:18 AM

2,801 posts, read 2,301,925 times
Quote:
Oh, I totally agree. That's just one reason why I don't understand why right-wingers are making a tempest in a teapot over this. $140 million, as I said, is a drop in the bucket. Is the loss of $140M really going to make a dent in our economy?

I especially enjoy the posts that blame Obama for something the Iranian leader says.

It's really the Ayatollah making a fool of himself.
Rush Limbaugh tells them it is very bad and it is all Obama's fault, they don't even know what is being blocked if anything.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:30 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Liberals falling all over themselves agreeing with the mad mullahs. I guess they also agree with the mad mullahs hanging gays because they are brain damaged.

Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies