Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:39 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,427,851 times

Advertisements

Today Obama is in Newark.

If we are talking about reducing sentences for black criminal just because they are black and thus don't know any better I do not agree....

also, knowing the rate of Obama's successful policy making, I think he is going to end-up raising crime rates costing taxpayer billions and not accomplish anything, then he will blame it on racism and his predecessor

any-one cares to rant or comment ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 01:49 PM

19,127 posts, read 25,331,967 times
My only comment is that, as a result of your latest racist comment, I am adding you to my "ignore" list.
As they say when you leave the airplane...Buh bye!

Old 11-02-2015, 02:35 PM

1 in 15 blacks males are in prison compared to 1 in 103 white males ?

Blacks 13% of US population making up 60% of US prison population. Together with Hispanics this is the vast majority of US prison population.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statis...American_males

These are statistical facts published by US government and not racism.

So which part of what I said above is racist ? Obama's policies tend to fail costing more in the long run, is that racist?
Saying black folk that is in prison, simply do not know any better, that must be racist ?

I do not believe I have said anything racist.

You can find allot more racism here, then in this topic.
https://www.rt.com/news/320458-finni...-kenyan-nurse/
(read the comments, this is international participants)

1 in 5 black males have a criminal record and I am accused of racism. Go figure.

Last edited by DPolo; 11-02-2015 at 02:45 PM..

Old 11-02-2015, 03:50 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,763 times
The failed war on drugs is the cause. There is bi-partisan support to change this (bi-partisan includes lots of white folk) sentencing for certain drug crimes.

If you are unaware that blacks are subject to drug arrests at a greater level than whites even though drug use is fairly equal you are either not paying attention or willfully ignoring important data to support your bias.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
The failed war on drugs is the cause. There is bi-partisan support to change this (bi-partisan includes lots of white folk) sentencing for certain drug crimes.

If you are unaware that blacks are subject to drug arrests at a greater level than whites even though drug use is fairly equal you are either not paying attention or willfully ignoring important data to support your bias.

My only bias is to rely on facts. Can you please present facts?

I am a racists, I elected Obama because of his skin color.

The below quotes go together what I know, blacks are doing time for really stupid and senseless crimes that relate to violence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a...es#Prison_data

Quote:
According to the US Department of Justice, blacks accounted for 52.5% of homicide offenders from 1980 to 2008
Quote:
According to the National Crime Victimization Survey in 2002, the black arrest rate for robbery was 8.55 times higher than whites, and blacks were 16 times more likely to be incarcerated for robbery than non-Hispanic whites.
When looking at these numbers remember that blacks comprise 13% of the US population and whites 77.7%
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...decoverviewpdf

What I am afraid of, this prison reform will come out at the same time a pot legalization and pot will be blamed for the rise of the crime rates (to hide the gross incompetence of the reforms).

Old 11-02-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post

+1
The bipartisan consensus on this issue includes people as politically diverse as Senator Rand Paul (a Libertarian Republican), Senator Cory Booker (a liberal Democrat), our own esteemed governor (a Republican who used to be more or less middle-of-the-road, but has now gravitated toward the right in order to boost his prospects in states like Iowa), The POTUS, and the shadowy Koch Brothers, who are about as right-wing as you can get without falling off the political spectrum.

So--yes--there is a growing consensus on both sides of the aisle that extremely harsh sentencing standards for non-violent offenders helps nobody in our society, and--in fact--is one of the major factors underlying our current tax structure.

The US has the highest percentage of its population behind bars of any developed nation. When The US imprisons a higher percentage of its population than...let's say...Communist China, most logical and open-minded people believe that it is time to re-examine our policies regarding penalties for non-violent crimes.

And then there are those who impart racist notions to anything and everything that has any connection with the current POTUS, even if his position on a particular issue is essentially identical to that of people on the other side of the aisle, including those who are extremely conservative.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
+1
The bipartisan consensus on this issue includes people as politically diverse as Senator Rand Paul (a Libertarian Republican), Senator Cory Booker (a liberal Democrat), our own esteemed governor (a Republican who used to be more or less middle-of-the-road, but has now gravitated toward the right in order to boost his prospects in states like Iowa), The POTUS, and the shadowy Koch Brothers, who are about as right-wing as you can get without falling off the political spectrum.

So--yes--there is a growing consensus on both sides of the aisle that extremely harsh sentencing standards for non-violent offenders helps nobody in our society, and--in fact--is one of the major factors underlying our current tax structure.

The US has the highest percentage of its population behind bars of any developed nation. When The US imprisons a higher percentage of its population than...let's say...Communist China, most logical and open-minded people believe that it is time to re-examine our policies regarding penalties for non-violent crimes.

And then there are those who impart racist notions to anything and everything that has any connection with the current POTUS, even if his position on a particular issue is essentially identical to that of people on the other side of the aisle, including those who are extremely conservative.

This has nothing to do with issues I am talking about. If anything it proves my point to the dot. Drug wars and long sentences for certain offenses should be revisited.

As far US being leading the world in prison population is a fact. You can verify it on CIAWorldFacts
I already proved above that majority of this is from minorities committing violent crimes. If black crime rates were proportionate to whites, and Trump cleaned up illegals, we would not be number 1 in the world in inconsideration rates.

Speaking of long sentences in drug wars. Long sentences for heroine distribution I am not sure is a bad thing, we are talking about long sentences on marijuana and coke... Party and recreational drugs as oppose to heavy and addicting.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:47 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
My only bias is to rely on facts. Can you please present facts?

I am a racists, I elected Obama because of his skin color.

The below quotes go together what I know, blacks are doing time for really stupid and senseless crimes that relate to violence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_a...es#Prison_data

When looking at these numbers remember that blacks comprise 13% of the US population and whites 77.7%
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...decoverviewpdf

What I am afraid of, this prison reform will come out at the same time a pot legalization and pot will be blamed for the rise of the crime rates (to hide the gross incompetence of the reforms).
Don't let it bother you.

Liberals just love to stir the pot.

Old 11-02-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post

...and so do your friends, The Koch Brothers...

Old 11-02-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Don't let it bother you.

I think he is just having a bad day.
First he added me to his ignore list to ensure that he only hears himself in this conversation.
Now he claims that China is Communist. the communist Political party in China is powerful and very influential, but their economic data is showing that they are anything but communist. China has more billionaires the US.

Thanks to Obama's policy in the last 2-3 years, Israel, China, Russia are really angry with us. I don't know about EU. They have reason to be angry at us, they just have bigger problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
View detailed profiles of: