Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 12:13 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You realize you dont need a penis to rape someone right ?
What I realize is that your post is wholly and completely irrelevant.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:27 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
[/b]
Look at the hatred on many of these forums. This online hatred will and does translate into physical violence toward the transgender community. So, I agree, that this was just to keep the LGBT community from being protected.
You bring it upon yourselves.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:28 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,072,112 times
I suppose a proposed law, even with good intentions, could be so poorly written that it's a bad proposed law. Is that what happened here?

For example, a statement of "anybody can use a restroom of a gender of their choosing" would be extraordinarily bad policy. But I think way too many people just want transgender people to go away and are opposed to looking for some way to make things reasonable for them and everybody else. I'm not sure what can really be done.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:32 PM

674 posts, read 610,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
You bring it upon yourselves.
You're blaming other people for your hatred?

Classy.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:46 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
As a woman, I don't want any penises in any public womens bathrooms. Just have a unisex/handicap bathroom available for the transgender people to use if they want to avoid using the mens restrooms. And that would be a very simple solution to a rare occurrence.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:52 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
As a woman, I don't want any penises in any public womens bathrooms. Just have a unisex/handicap bathroom available for the transgender people to use if they want to avoid using the mens restrooms. And that would be a very simple solution to a rare occurrence.
This isn't about your rights or their rights. It's about a display of power. They will not accept unisex bathrooms. They want to use YOURS.

Old 11-04-2015, 12:56 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stateofnature View Post
If it's too dangerous to allow people with penises into women's restrooms because they might sexually assault girls, then why allow them into men's rooms with boys? There are tons of pedophiles out there who want to rape or otherwise abuse boys. If the argument of the opponents of the Houston ordinance makes logical sense, then it seems that they should be advocating for only allowing one person (or one parent and his/her child) into a bathroom at a time. If allowing a predator into a bathroom with a potential victim is such a big problem when it's a male predator and a female victim, then it should also be a problem when it's a male predator and a male victim (or female predator and female victim, for that matter). The fact that no one is advocating that tells me that the opposition to the ordinance isn't about protecting people from sexual assault. It's about something else.
Accompany your child into the bathroom.

Any fruit loop with or without a weenie tries to diddle with your child, give them a complete beat down.

Problem solved

Old 11-04-2015, 01:07 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
This isn't about your rights or their rights. It's about a display of power. They will not accept unisex bathrooms. They want to use YOURS.
That is exactly what it is. A display of power. The LGBT community is FULL of Totalitarians.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:08 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,819,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I don't think the religious right was ever truly worried about the restroom ordeal. Other states and cities who have similar laws have not experienced any issues from it. That was just something they could exploit in order to turn the public against the law. They have succeeded in repealing this ordinance which protects the broader LGBT community from discrimination, which was their goal.
Exactly.

Old 11-04-2015, 01:10 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,819,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They are already protected. Do you really believe that anywhere in the US, an LGBT person can be attacked without consequence?

This was about a bunch of other deviant (and not so deviant) "freedoms and rights" that were flying under the radar.
Anti-gay harassment: Missouri man cannot sue for sexual orientation discrimination.

Yes, that's exactly what I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies