Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 10:14 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,474,039 times

Advertisements

White House releases text of Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal | TheHill

The text of the TPP deal will be under congressional and the broader public’s microscope for at least 90 days before President Obama can sign the agreement between the United States and 11 other nations — Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Peru, Vietnam, Brunei, Chile, New Zealand and Singapore.

Read it yourself or wait for your favorite pundit or website to analyze & digest it for you.

I don't see the benefit to the US - we are f*** America and the world will trade with us with or without this agreement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2015, 10:35 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
I admit, I await what the pundits here on CD think. It is a puzzlement.

President Obama: for it.

Hillary Rodham Clinton: was for said agreement, now against it.

The Marchioness Trump: against it.

Maco Rubio: for it.

Rafael Edward Cruz: was for it, now against it.

Mike Huckabee: against it.

Dr. Ben Carson: pretty much for it (although he is probably looking up where those other countries are).

Most Republicans in Congress: for it (based on the vote by Congress to give President Obama authority to make the agreement, which then will be presented for a vote).

Governor Kasich: Says he must read it first (he may get my vote yet).

Me? My instinct is to be against it. I saw where Ford (the car maker) is against it. I recall when it was touted that opening up trade with China would be 'good for America', since we would make products to sell to the Chinese (a billion new customers!). It was highly publized when Coca Cola started shipping their product to China. Then.....after two years they opened the first of now many bottling plants in China.

Anyway, I shan't read it, but I will be interesting in hearing some opinions by knowledgable people (I wish Ross Perot would speak about it, but I guess he is either dead, or in deep retirement).

Old 11-05-2015, 11:21 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I don't see the benefit to the US - we are f*** America and the world will trade with us with or without this agreement.
You can sign the agreement and lose 5 Million jobs over the next several years or not sign it and lose 10 Million jobs over the same time period.

Eventually, there'll be a Trans-African Trade Agreement, and before that a Trans-Asian Trade Agreement and others before that, and you're going to lose lots more jobs permanently as the rest of the World catches up.

Obviously, Americans learning how to do less with less is going to be a big challenge.

Old 11-05-2015, 02:24 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,317,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You can sign the agreement and lose 5 Million jobs over the next several years or not sign it and lose 10 Million jobs over the same time period.

Eventually, there'll be a Trans-African Trade Agreement, and before that a Trans-Asian Trade Agreement and others before that, and you're going to lose lots more jobs permanently as the rest of the World catches up.

Obviously, Americans learning how to do less with less is going to be a big challenge.
More of the same my friends. More of the same.

Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than 30,000 Dollars A Year
Prison Planet.com » Goodbye Middle Class: 51 Percent Of All American Workers Make Less Than 30,000 Dollars A Year

"You can find the report that the Social Security Administration just released right here. The following are some of the numbers that really stood out for me…

-38 percent of all American workers made less than $20,000 last year.
-51 percent of all American workers made less than $30,000 last year.
-62 percent of all American workers made less than $40,000 last year.
-71 percent of all American workers made less than $50,000 last year.

That first number is truly staggering. The federal poverty level for a family of five is $28,410, and yet almost 40 percent of all American workers do not even bring in $20,000 a year.

If you worked a full-time job at $10 an hour all year long with two weeks off, you would make approximately $20,000. This should tell you something about the quality of the jobs that our economy is producing at this point."

And this coincides with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vttbhl_kDoo

Oh, and this:
With Just $10 “You’re Wealthier Than 25% Of Americans”
Prison Planet.com » With Just $10 “You’re Wealthier Than 25% Of Americans”

"The big headline grabber was their analysis showing that the top 1% of people now own 50% of the world’s wealth."

Stalin's Formal Communism (Bonapartism) cf Trotsky's Real Communism
Rakovsky outlines the Illuminati plan to blend Communism and Capitalism. In each case, the Illuminati will control all wealth and power.

"In Moscow there is Communism: in New York capitalism. It is all the same as thesis and antithesis. Analyze both. Moscow is subjective Communism but [objectively] State capitalism. New York: Capitalism subjective, but Communism objective. A personal synthesis, truth: the Financial International, the Capitalist Communist one. 'They.' " (276)

In the case of Communism, the State owns the corporations, and the bankers own the State. In the case of Capitalism, the bankers control the corporations, and the corporations control the State. In each case, you have monopoly capitalism with increasing political and cultural monopoly in the West resembling that of Soviet Russia.

Rothschilds Conduct "Red Symphony" - henrymakow.com

Old 11-06-2015, 04:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
The ISDS is something I am not comfortable with ...at all.

"So on the one hand, the TPP provides extensive rights to foreign investors to challenge government measures. On the other hand, it provides no mechanism for those same investors to be held accountable for any environmental harm or human rights abuses they are responsible for."

The TPP has been released and our concerns have been vindicated - The Drum (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

...and its 6000 pages long, not 2000

Old 11-06-2015, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
TPP is NAFTA on steroids.

You won't see any immediate effects though just like we didn't with NAFTA.
But over the course of the coming years it will become visible, just like NAFTA did.

But by then it will be too late to do anything more than comment on how bad it is.

I had always thought this NWO concept was being done at the governmental level.
But now I think it's being done by the money masters in business.

"One law to rule them all".

Old 11-06-2015, 04:29 PM

991 posts, read 629,602 times
My biggest worry is that I have seen katzpaw making comments today that would seem to be an enlightening .. a realization that maybe us conservatives aren't all loons?

I commend you!

Old 11-06-2015, 04:35 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Folks, globalism is real. And America as well as other first world countries are going to be on the losing end of this "process".

Our standard of living will decline as third world status increases. Eventually we'll norm and we'll all be on the same playing field..global workers in a global world run by global leaders.

Old 11-06-2015, 04:49 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,742,228 times
I've read through parts of it. Basically, it says each country can do whatever they want. I would support it if it said that "all products shipped to the United States must be made in accordance with the laws of the United States". That would have leveled the playing field and discouraged offshoring.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 PM

991 posts, read 629,602 times
OOPS!

The left catching on?

Nahhh..

Progressives revolt against Obama's 'job-killing' trade pact and Sanders pledges to do everything...

Quote:

It's 'worse than anything we could've imagined': Progressives revolt against Obama's 'job-killing' trade pact and Sanders pledges to do everything he can to defeat it

Progressives are in an uproar over the text of President Barack Obama's trade pact, the Trans-Pacific Partnership, which finally became public today.

Left-wing group Democracy for America was among the first of the organizations traditionally aligned with Obama but enraged over the trade agreement to proclaim that the 'job-killing TPP is worse than anything we could've imagined.'

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post41836470
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies