Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 05:04 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
OK. Then give him the breakdown or don't.

There you have it.
HRC has 1st dibs on the data but she wants to see the breakdown by gender.

then the lgbt activists want to see the breakdown by sexual preference.

the Hungarians are next in line before the ageism activists and the central americans and mexicans.

the DOJ will investigate the layoffs as a hate crime and bring in the IRS if they can't make a case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 06:13 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
A good read.

https://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/acs-24.pdf

I majored in Computer Science (College of Engineering) and went to college in the 80's.
I was the only female and there were no Blacks in my graduating class.
The majority of STEM graduates were Indian and Asian.
Even White guys were not the majority.

I worked for a major high tech company for over 20 years.
I could count on one hand how many Blacks I worked with and have fingers left over.
This is still the case today.

My oldest graduated in the top 10% of his HS class and received a four year academic scholarship... only black male at the various academic functions... a few black girls... mainly Indian and Asian. That was 2012.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Jackson, "There aren't enough black people in bull fighting schools."

Me, "How many black people applied to attend bull fighting schools?"

Jackson, "None, but that's not the point."

Old 11-06-2015, 08:41 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Jackson, "There aren't enough black people in bull fighting schools."

Me, "How many black people applied to attend bull fighting schools?"

Jackson, "None, but that's not the point."
lol. yeah that sounds about right

Old 11-06-2015, 08:21 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Reverend Poverty Pimp as Walter E.Williams described him a few years ago still can't stop running his mouth and saying really moronic things, just like Al Sharpton has also been doing for decades.

Dr. King must be turning in his grave and the same goes for Nelson Mandela.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:31 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Reverend Poverty Pimp as Walter E.Williams described him a few years ago still can't stop running his mouth and saying really moronic things, just like Al Sharpton has also been doing for decades.

Dr. King must be turning in his grave and the same goes for Nelson Mandela.
Jesse Jackson is hoping all his illegitimate children lay low throughout their lives. Jesse has more love 💘 children than john Edwards.

Old 11-06-2015, 09:20 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why do I "quibble"? Because it does make a difference.

And like I said before, I'm more concerned about what happens to Black STEM graduates rather than how many are getting STEM degrees.

Furthermore, I don't understand why you are worried about any of this. How does any of this affect you?
Why are you worried about it? How does it affect you? It affects me any time Jackson and company want more blacks hired and retained and less whites. I want more job opportunities and don't want Jackson and co picking my coworkers.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:48 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Why are you worried about it? How does it affect you? It affects me any time Jackson and company want more blacks hired and retained and less whites. I want more job opportunities and don't want Jackson and co picking my coworkers.
Because you keep bringing up affirmative action. If affirmative action really worked, then Blacks would have lower unemployment rates. And if anything, women benefit from affirmative action more than anyone else.

Well, Jackson and company can't do anything. They don't have that kind of power. However, people who have the power to hire me or not, those are the ones to really be concerned about. Jesse Jackson hasn't been able to do much.

Do you have a job? If you do, you have nothing to worry about.

And how do you think unemployed Blacks feel when they come out of college looking for work(or have basically felt for hundreds of years)?

Old 11-07-2015, 12:24 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Because you keep bringing up affirmative action. If affirmative action really worked, then Blacks would have lower unemployment rates. And if anything, women benefit from affirmative action more than anyone else.

Well, Jackson and company can't do anything. They don't have that kind of power. However, people who have the power to hire me or not, those are the ones to really be concerned about. Jesse Jackson hasn't been able to do much.

Do you have a job? If you do, you have nothing to worry about.

And how do you think unemployed Blacks feel when they come out of college looking for work(or have basically felt for hundreds of years)?
Jesse DOES do something. He shakes down companies for money. 💰 pay him or he goes public and falsely accuses racism. Legal?

Old 11-07-2015, 03:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
He's just a race baiter because it's made him money in the past. But these day's it's like watching Hugh Hefner with an 18 year old...embarrassing isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies